The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mindmelt

OPIUM HAVING NO EFFECT

AFOAF has a fair sized patch,persians,turkish and tassies,the persians appear to be the earliest finishers.Having waited about 10 days for the petals to drop and the bulbs swelled incisions aprox2 mill deep were made...The latex oozed out and sometimes would even drip down the pod so fast he had to catch it with a knife.Anyway after waiting aprox 8 hours the latex had solidified and turned brown.This was scraped off,what very little of it there was.This was then dried for 2 days and then smoked.My friend had only the slightest effect from it,possibly even placebo.Has he done something wrong,is this normall,why such little harvest for such effort..The other varieties are just about to flower.PLEASE help my friend because he is feeling most underwhelmed..The seeds are legit because they were sourced from a very reliable member of this community.Any ideas.........

i dont know about the neurochemistry of such a proposal, but I have noticed some people simply dont get much of an effect from opiates. I myself, for instance once had 300mg of pure morphine sulphate, and it was pleasant, but nowhere near as dreamy for me as a joint of leaf.

go figure.

I'm no expert on neuropharmcology but as far as I know codeine (and most probably all the other opiates ) are converted to morphine in the body and different people convert different amounts.

I'm in exactly the opposite situation as you Thelema, for some reason I seem to be affected really strongly by opiates. I would never even dream of venturing anywhere near a 300mg dosage.

i also know little about neuro-chem, but i think it's a 'learned' thing similar to dope,- which had no effect on me 'til about the 4th time i smoked it.

as to the small amount collected; my belief is that you only do get a little from each pod, but you cut & collect from each pod twice a day for about 2 weeks & you start to get a decent amount.

Gnome Wastl told me this story:

The first time I was given O to smoke was in the north of Thailand, near a little village of natives.

My hosts kept lighting the large, dirty pipe and i kept trying.

After ten pipes the host's wife(?)took her top off revealing large tits... but she was also quite dirty.

I got scared and jumped on my motorbike and drove off.

When I drove off a young man at the village gesticulated and I stopped.

he sold me some powder...

The whole effect the 10 o pipes had been mood-enhancing only.

I may have been a little depressed and lonely before, now i felt better.

That was ALL.

Back in my hut, I sprinkled a little powder on the beginning of a joint.

After 2 or 3 tokes I passed out..

(end wastl's story)

I find "bleeding' poppies very frustrating and don't even try.

One recipe always works:

After the petals drop off, harvest plant, or if more flowers are setting, harvest part of the plant.

get a few like 10 or 20, chop as small as possible,

put into non-alu wok or frying pan, add 1 or 2 teaspoon of citric or tartaric acid, cover with water, and simmer for a few hours.

When most of the water is evaporated, take out solids, squash through a strainer and get most of the liquid off, return to frying pan and evaporate until it becomes a paste.

This paste is EDIBLE! You can try and smoke it but it will be frustrating.

Depending on how many poppies you had, you can eat all or half or whatever...

IT ALWAYS WORKS. Taken at night, you will be in poppy land all night long.

The solids can be kept and frozen and cooked out again next time.

it's amazing how much good stuff is in there, there's always more to come out.

If this method doesn't work, nothing does!

Hypothetically, does this text mean to use the pods seeds and all BEFORE they have fully dried? Or wait until seeds have dropped out?

Thanks for the advice and insight,my friend will look into that..As for the cutting up the entire plant after petals have fallen off,Ummmmmmm,r you sure cause theres probably about 100 square feet of these buggers ,I thought it was onlt the bulbs that you could soak and extractamundo.....Also as for making incisions twice a day for 2 3 weeks..That does not work....My friend(also devilishly handsome) has tried that and even after awaiting another 6 days found that little if anything ever came out after those first incisions..............

My friend can take 240mg of codeine phosphate and still take his dg for a walk,is there a chance he just may have a high tolerance to opiates..????

Give him a toke on a spliff and its WRONG WRONGSVILLE for the next 4 hours though.Poor bugger.

Guest electro

i forget where i read this, but apparently 1/3 of people today cannot experience opiates fully, they just ahve little to no effect.

Something to do with some peoples receptors allowing binding of opioids and others peoples not.

More surprisingly that the 1/3 of people that lack the receptors/binding ability are mostly male.

it is probably why i can take 200 mg codiene and feel as if i have had one half shot of vodka, while my gf can eat 30 mg (one panadol forte) and be unable to drive / go to sleep

[ 06. October 2003, 15:41: Message edited by: electro ]

don't use the whole plant EVER. The rest of the plant can contain yucky alkaloids. extractions of the stem with the pod appear to be acceptable though. Opiates are not my thing, so I can't offer much advice here.

My friend is fast running out of allternatives..

Opiates dont seem to have the desired effect,well probably at a lethal dose there may be some euphoria before crossing over....Cannabis,mda mdma,hallucinogens..all a big no no..This poor mongrel ,and he is not proud of it,can easily take ten 5 milligram Valiums and happily walk his dog ,drive ,even go for a surf,the latter is often a commical site,but nonetheless...........What is there for him to do......Alchoal works,ohhhhhhh

how it works,but this leads to wrong wrongs and the breakdown of the family unit..............

Perhaps if someone told my friend just how many pods and stems boiled up and simmered could get him happy,well,we may be able to put a smile on his face..............Please help me help him..

Thankyou,godbless...

Not quite sure what "your friend" is after... if its an opiate habit, i have plenty of experience in that and could give you a recipie for pressure cooker opium tea as your reference of "there maybe euphoria at OD" tells me you have not had a recreational dose of opiates as the euphoria can be as intense as and stronger than other drugs.

quote:

Cannabis,mda mdma,hallucinogens..all a big no no..

but

quote:

can easily take ten 5 milligram Valiums...Alchoal works,ohhhhhhh

how it works

What the hells that all about ???. Maybe somni forum is a better place for you to investigate your interests.

[ 07. October 2003, 01:29: Message edited by: Slarty Fart Blaster ]

it sounds like your friend is a GABA agonist addict. I would say to this friend, what he needs is a shock to the GABA system.

He needs a good dose of fly agaric, or a months worth of something like GHB or 14-B

also not entirely sure what to make ov this post.

i think people may be more susceptable to the effects through height, weight, & previous drug habits; but i think most ov the time it is a learned thing.

opium/codiene are very subtle(i can take 250mg codiene & goto work--but that doesn't mean they haven't had an effect--& i've never been an addict), compared to heroin- which i refuse to believe anyone could be entirely tolerant to.

& if the poppies only bled for 1 cutting- you were doing something wrong.

you should checkout the somni-forum for more detail.

[ 07. October 2003, 07:10: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

I tried poppy tea recently. The first time was not very good. I had a mild pleasant stone for a couple hours and then nausea. The second time the first two hours were better and I was starting to think I would like it. Then the nausea started and after about 5 hours I started puking. It's amazing how much you can puke when you haven't eaten anything to speak of in hours. I would say that will be my last time. The whole next day I felt kind of sick. Just thinking about the tea gave me a little nausea. The effects were strong but just not good. I'll stick with the dank and maybe a little kanna.

Stoney

don't use the whole plant EVER. The rest of the plant can contain yucky alkaloids. extractions of the stem with the pod appear to be acceptable though. Opiates are not my thing, so I can't offer much advice here.

Not true.

{not according to wastl's multiple experiences that is, however credible...)

Wastl always uses the whole plant and has no problems with it whatsoever, i.e. the effects are ALWAYS the desired ones.

he already dreads the time when he runs out and has to use codeine again.

The difference being that you develope a tolerance to codeine really quickly, but because of the presence of the other alcaloids the extract still works...

Apart from some diarrhea, there are no negative effects.

Some psychotrope effects can even be compared to "tripping".

Why pay 40 bucks for a stupid e-pill when grandmother poppy provides for free, and does it better...

[ 07. October 2003, 09:52: Message edited by: gomaos ]

i can take 250mg codiene & goto work--but that doesn't mean they haven't had an effect--& i've never been an addict

Just to compare effects, Wastl tried 280 mg codeine the other day...

Being very different to poppy extract (which will put him to sleep and make him feel good all night, being in a mindspace where nothing else matters) it actually sent his thoughts spinning and reeling and he couldn't sleep for a very long time....

From experience(!)

there is nothing wrong with extracting the whole plant, and it is very efficient.

Wastl has also never been an addict ( up to now he has NEVER injected any substance for recreation, not counting the ones he was given at hospital legally), he has chronic backpain (from a near-fatal car accident when he was young) and could get as much codeine from the doc as he wanted, but he much prefers poppy extract, the extract of the whole plant.

Wastl has also experimented with combos of poppy and cactus.... very nice!

[ 07. October 2003, 08:51: Message edited by: gomaos ]

can easily take ten 5 milligram Valiums...Alchoal works,ohhhhhhh

how it works

Valium and alcohol are crap, poppy is state of the art!

Perhaps if someone told my friend just how many pods and stems boiled up and simmered could get him happy,well,we may be able to put a smile on his face..............

Start with the magical number of 6 whole poppies extracted and take it from there...

poppies are strongest just after the petals drop off!

Thelema:

I myself, for instance once had 300mg of pure morphine sulphate, and it was pleasant,

WOW thats some tollerence, I can have a great time on 60mg and 90mg is almost trippy, would love to have a go at the green ones and see what 300 is like.

smoking is a waste of time for my gnome. he said the best effects are from boiling up about 10 diced pods for about 20 minutes,straining and then making a sweetened black teas. very very pleasant for about 4 or 5 hours......

SLARTY FART FACED BLASTER..........

Why the derogatory and sour comments regarding valium and alchol.Am I to assume that it is you,and you alone,who dictates what when and how some other human being should take substances.......

I dont see you shitcanning other people here insincerely directing them to the SOMMI FORUM...

Ill make it simple for you YODA.....I dont like tripping,cactus,acid,licking the back of your grandmothers pet canetoad,who she whimsickly named "LEROY"...............I like ,enjoy,unfortunately at times ,need,the effects and sensations derived from SERAPAX,VALIUM,CODEINE AND BOOZE.....Am I not SHAMAN enough for you you spite filled amazonian bark sniffer............My references to those other substances was to put in perspective ,dosage and effect of what floats my boat.....Booze sedates my over active imagination,relaxes me and gives me a sense of euphoria,unfortunately me stumbling around the house pissed as a fart does not fill my girlfriend with the same feelings of euphoria.....

Gomoas said: sent his thoughts spinning and reeling and he couldn't sleep for a very long time....

Thats what surprised me about codeine when I first tried it and why it is my favourite non pyschedelic substance. I find it pretty useless as a sleeping aid, I just end up lying in bed staring at the ceiling with a wide grin on my face. :D

Havn't tried any other opiate substance though.

opium, or plant putty as gomaos mentions, contains many more alkaloids than morphine or codiene. in this respect it has a more 'involved' comedown/withdrawl than even heroin.

this is also why a tea containing all the alkaloids has more ov a kick than smoking which probably destroys some ov them, & alot ov the morphine is not released when smoking from a pipe-it ends up still in the ash.

& oh yeah- if you have access to SERAPAX(Yum ), why even bother w/opium?

[ 08. October 2003, 08:43: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

The only thing that worries me about the opium extraction putty and ingestion method is that there is a chance you could slightly OD,not die,but feel really really sick..What about if you further dried this putty somehow into a smokeable form..Maybe that is not possible,Im always too suspiscous to ingest substances when their potency and content cannot be 100% assured......

I really do appreciate the help,and my friend will make the putty extraction,christ, is it as bitter as the latex that comes out of the pods.Hell that stuff is pretty crook.....So he says......

Unfortunately I dont have an available supply of SERAPAX on standbye,otherwise I would never take Valium ever again..SERAPAX is far superior ..

I bet you're in poppy land now dude...

my theory is that when the extract of the whole plant is consumed, then are mechanisms in place through the interplay of all alkaloids together that prevent over-use and development of tolerance...

the extraction of morphine led to the development of heroin which was even more addictive,

now they use the synthetic methadon to help people with their addiction...

even high doses of codeine are sort of "whacko" and "unnatural"...

I believe that "putty" is pretty safe to consume...

I don't however know the effect it would have on "addicts"...

nabraxas compared opiates to "serapax"...

I have heard the name but never tried it...

right now I'm not even sure what it is...

I'll go and research...

found all that stuff about benzoes and posted it...

then the computer crashed and it was all wiped..

all I can say benzoes are not my sort of thing...

I believe poppy extract is far superior to any benzo...

[ 09. October 2003, 03:23: Message edited by: gomaos ]