The Corroboree
myco

possible clone A TBM (long form)

so an old friend sent me a couple of pictures tonight

he is in W.A. and was asking what this cacti was

i was a little shocked when i saw it but to me this looks a lot like the long form to me

what do you guys recon

he said they were around 30cm long

im a little confused what do you guys recon have i just stumbled upon one of Australias rare as fuck clone A's

10370686_10203084708750092_1608269117_n_

10331663_10203084709030099_1956613628_n_

• Like 6

I think so, I'm a newb though so this is just my hopeful guess. If confirmed however, and if your friend agrees I'd be happy to offer cash for a small cutting :)

It's hard to say for sure without knowing what light intensity it was growing under, most TBM's will stretch out with low light levels.

Get a pup from him and grow it out in full sun & see how it looks..

Edited by Sally
  • Like 3

I think it's on of those really cool long clumping forms.

Proper long forms are really fat around twice as fat as the clumping tbms

• Like 1

That looks sweet,propagate dude!!!as Sally said it would be interesting to know under what conditions it has been growing.

Please let me know if you want to sell/trade for a cut. I'll take a gamble as I haven't got the intermediate var yet.

FWIW I thnk it was in a low light situation causing some etoliation and was then moved into some more sun so it's now pushing out regular sized knobs off of the long ones?

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 2

yeh not enough sunlight was my first guess

theres just a couple of sections there that seemed oddly long

if i catch up with the guy i'll definitely be grabbing a cut off him to grow out and see what happens :)

In my eyes I don't see any etiolation, just some segments that are longer then the "common" tbm B, yet shorter and different than tbm A

Could it be a different kind of tbm?

Very beautiful in any way ;)

• Like 4

I think it's a mix to be honest. Really don't think it's elongted (unless it's much thinner than what a usual clumping tbm width is) but you can see from the regular clumping pups that they're of similar width. maybe a new form !!!!!CLUMPING FORM 2.0!!!!!

NOW WIT LONG SEGMENTS! AND PEOPLE WILL PAY MORE FOR IT!!!! YEAH!!!

Edited by Sabry
  • Like 1

I gravitate towards the long form.

no etiolation fo sho!

• Like 1

i tend to agree it doesnt look like any etolation i've seen

one thing that made me wonder about light was also the fact that alot of the arms are growing outwards

however the main middle section is growing upwards with a slight bend like i have seen in many pics of the long form

thats why i thought it would be good to get some feedback from everyone

isnt the fatter version of the long form different and what they refer to as "hulks dick" ?

• Like 1

Yeah the fatter "form" I do believe is refereed to as "hulk's dick"

But I'm pretty sure it's just a healthier grown long tbm

it's like how the clumping var can sometimes be really thick and sometimes thin depending on how it feels....

I would defs get a cutting and stick it in the ground and treat it very well to see what it is.

So there's the normal Aus clumping var. which usually grows ~4-6" before pupping and

there's another one which grows up to ~9" before pupping (I've only seen this with someone in the US)

I feel like they're still classified under the clumping var. of TBM where the long var. usually sticks to growing

tall and doesn't pup unless something's messing with it's height gaining steez..

EDIT: OOooooh also ask for better daytime pics and with a ruler next to it

Edited by Sabry
  • Like 1