The Corroboree
hostilis

Looking for trichocereus pollen

Hello everyone. I have an echinopsis "dominos" that is pushing out 3 flowers right now. From what I recall you can cross echinopsis with trichocereus. (Is that accurate?) So, if anyone has some awesome trichocereus species pollen let me know!! Anything works, but if there it was something like validus or terscheckii or scopulicola that'd be awesome. But i would settle for pachanoi or peruvianus. They just started forming so I figure i have about a month or so to get some pollen.

I will give seeds from the cross to whoever helps me out with this.

Thanks!

hostilis

• Like 2

If I get a hold of anything I will send some your way, I have a E. dominos I got from Home Depot last year that is on the verge of flowering as well. Going to check around at work and hopefully a PC pedro will donate some pollen to see if this works :)

I assume if I can't get any tricho pollen another Echinopsis would suffice?

Yep. I'd prefer some trichocereus pollen though. The echinopsis/tricho hybrids are pretty awesome looking.

• Like 2

Oh, I was talking about for mine. I would definitely prefer to cross with a tricho as well, but mine is about to flower so not sure if the stars will align for this one. If I come across any open tricho flowers at work, I'll send some your way :)

Here's my domino as of 5 minutes ago.

post-13244-0-78251500-1399080950_thumb.j

post-13244-0-78251500-1399080950_thumb.jpg

post-13244-0-78251500-1399080950_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah. One flower showed up on mine at first. Now there's two more. I think maybe 1 or 2 more might be on the way too. There's a bit of fuzz on a couple more areoles.

• Like 2

Here's a couple pictures. The two newest buds are just tiny little tips right now and the other one is bigger. Hopefully more will show up!

post-12824-0-98919200-1399095648_thumb.j post-12824-0-80599600-1399095671_thumb.j

post-12824-0-98919200-1399095648_thumb.jpg

post-12824-0-80599600-1399095671_thumb.jpg

post-12824-0-98919200-1399095648_thumb.jpg

post-12824-0-80599600-1399095671_thumb.jpg

I'm a long way from blooms but I've got some fuzz starting on a monstrose nonPC pachanoi. If you have blooms still going by then I'll shoot you some pollen.

Edited by EthnoGuy85
  • Like 3

DUDE!!!! That would be fucking amazing!!!!! How long till you see pollen do you think?

And also, if mine flowers first would you accept some pollen from my plant and use yours as the mother? Then you could give me a couple seeds from it or something. If you'd rather cross it with another trich I'd understand. Just wondering.

Edited by hostilis

I'm hoping to get some scopulicola or some other rare Tricho pollen for it like huarazensis, argentinsis, huancoensis or a nice true pachanoi. If I can't do that I may try with an Echinopsis tho I do appreciate the offer.

As far as a timeline I've no idea. This will be my first Tricho to bloom, assuming I don't screw anything up ;)

• Like 3

Under the right conditions, you can keep pollen viable for months, if not years.

• Like 2

Somebody's gotta have like at least some PC pachanoi pollen!! Lol.

i dont read the trade forum very often, but i have some pink flowered echinopsis you might like to cross with....btw, i refer to your echinopsis as 'nudem' or subdenuda, and they typically have white flowers. I've bunches of these pink types, and they been blooming now for a couple of weeks.

recently i crossed a variegated echinopsis (pink & white flower) with the pink flowering echinopsis type......and now have a fruit on the variegated echinopsis

• Like 1

I wish I would have read this earlier. The flower closed today. :( I was supposed to be getting some trich pollen but it never came and it just finished flowering today.

Edited by hostilis