The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Darklight

Noteable Taureans

Well no bloody responses to my spruiking over at Ethnobotany forums, and its not exactly a cross post Anyhow in case no-one's noticed we have some noteable birthdays coming up

and it's Rev's tomorrow- not today- so again I say..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BWANA!

Hope you got enough puff left in you to handle those candles, old man

Well I have GOOD LONG TERM MEMORY

(fuck the short term memory, what did I just want to write)

and I REMEMBER that torsten is born on the taurus/gemini cusp and his birthday would be around the 20th of May give or take a few

People have called him an introvert but he is not he's bit of a gemini...well there you go (praise cannabis halleluwah)

Don't worry Gomaos....eventually your short term memory wil catch up!

Y'asee your life gets shorter

But your memory gets longer :D

Thanks Boss :D

Yes theres a few may people here i bet - with plants and all on peoples mind

I know 2 :)

BTW if anyone feels so inclined to buy me a present id love a 'Shulgin Sampler' that contains 2 doses of a number of the finer compounds of PIKHAL

mmm Chewy Mescaline caramel, MMDA Turkish delight and 2-CB spiked strawberry cremes...

Congrats congrats Chief,...... I will surely help myself to some of those psychedelicasies yummm!

:D

dalziel,i was suprised recently at my reaction to a pm from you,dont know why but 4 the first time in our community i felt i was in comunication with another psychedelic being.no offence to anyone else,just saying your the only person to give me this feeling sofar.god ,it's a curious thing!

in praise of darklight!

t s t .

I forgot:

Happy Birthday all you taureans.... :P:) :cool:

thanks gomaos

my b/day was 5/5

wishing the best to my fellow bulls

-we're definately the best, no matter what the aquarians say- it was a golden bull the israelites turned to when they thought yewah had forsaken them.

that reminds me - can anyone explain to me how dalziel comes to be pronounced as D-L? pascoe? anyone?

i did hear an explanation,which i didn't fully follow.

something to do with an old local english dialect,basically the letters alz become silent leaving diel,there are similar words i cant remmember now.it amuses me greatly.

t s t .

he, he, that Dalziel thing is something I could never work out either.

I had a friend a few years ago and her surname was Dalzell (no 'i'). But this name was pronounced exactly as you write it (with the intonation on the last syllable).

There's a funny story attached to that name too. her husband was the drummer for "Johnny Diesel and the injectors". Problem was that he looked very similar to Diesel himself, so one of the reporters in the early days got the people confused and also had a spelling problem. He though Johnny Dalzell was in fact Mark (Diesel's real first name), so that's how Diesel got stuck with Johnny as his first name.

'The injectors' was a phrase they came up with at the time cos Johnny's wife (my friend) just got pregnant again

So that's the story.... if anyone wondered why Johnny Diesel dropped the Johnny part when he went solo a few years ago. Mark's real surname is a typical italian name, but I can't think of it right now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY INATULET LEADER!

Best wishes to Notable Taurean Torsten.

(I hope it's the right day)

Sorry & happy birthday to all those I missed Rev, Daniel etc etc (I almost missed my own).

I found out the other day that I know someone with a B'day for almost every day from April 20th to May 25th.

Except 8th, 16th, 23rd (I think).

One stompin, rip snortin, chargin party after another.

Aye, it's a load of bull!

Happy Partying Everyone!

unfortuneately and dispite heavy lobbying by the world entheogen community,torstens birthday will not be celebrated by changing the first r to an i in t werdermannianus!

t s t .

I was suspicious about that at first too. :confused:

Especially the typo with the last 'n' should be 'c'

...definatley fits the profile "T.Wiedermanniacus X torstensis: Tall, columnar, native to (typo: Bolivia/ Bavaria) reaches maturity around 37

t.wiedemannicus.jpg

Zurück zu Pflanzen T

and now, about that day job I'm supposed to be looking for... :D

Thanks guys!!!

One of my best friends was getting married right inbetween Daniel's and my birthday (we're exactly a week apart), so we decided to do our celebrating at the wedding.

It was a compulsory fancy dress wedding in a resort only accessible by boat (and booked out exclusively for this group).

The bride and groom were in 17th century (??) Venetian dress/masks and everyone else in whatever trippy stuff they could come up with. Daniel still had his nun's habit from his days as a "sister of perpetual indulgence", so I hired a cardinal's costume to go with the theme. The wedding was at midday saturday and that was about the last time I managed to hold the camera straight

The event was fully 'catered'. By 2pm most guests were tanked on champagne. By 4 they were stoned (I skipped that stage), and by 6 almost all were indulging in 'wet' sugarcubes Being a sweet-tooth I had 2 and a half (plus another couple in a bottle of wine we were sharing - YUK....bad idea).

Someone handed me a cup of shroom tea at about 8.

Considering the number of DJ's at this party, the music was unexpectedly crappy, but dancing wasn't an option for me anyway.....

Needless to say, WE HAD A BALL !!! Memory a 'bit' patchy though.

On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we cruised back up the coast stopping at every nursery and botanic garden.... but more on that some other day/thread.

And a late happy birthday from me... serves me right for forgetting my password when I went away, couldn't log onto the forums as I'd outsmarted myself again