The Corroboree
gtarman

Tips to deal with difficult people at work..?

become the boss!!

• Like 3

If your hard up I could work out something so you could get a couple of days a week working with me . Not making any promises

but will see whats avalible. Plus if we get the permaculture going you can make good money at the markets selling awesome fresh produce.

Maybe you could convert your back garden into a food garden and have a market stall. Are you any good at mycology as fresh mushrooms are cheao to grow

and i can get you set up with cultures .

I'm sure you already do, but remember to always follow your own path,, we all get tested, tried and abused. Its how you carry yourself thru it all that you will have to live with and look back upon. Be proud, true to yourself and others. Let them fuck it up for themselves if they choose! You will see their frustration and how they respond, stay calm and breath :-)

• Like 2

One question I wanna ask is though, why is it that the biggest cockheads, biartches and troublemakers are always the ones with power and fully endorsed and backed up by management/ lproprietors? Anyone who dares challenge their behaviour/ position soon ends up fired? I've seen it time and time again, he'll even experienced it more than once on the shite end.

• Like 1

^ being short on integrity, they don't mind getting their nose all brown, they also don't mind snitching, deceptive antics, manipulation, taking credit that belongs to others, painting themselves as something they're not.... and the humble workers don't make enough noise for the boss to re-assess the picture being painted by their team of snitching suck-ups.

it's not my approach by a mile, but i reckon it's not a bad idea to get in the bosses ear and letting them know what you think is going on down on the floor, let the boss know about the quiet achievers doing a great job so the brown-noses aren't always getting all of the glory. be careful talking to the boss though, you might put your foot in it. whatever inaccurate views the boss holds probably includes YOU somehow. all it takes is a few little incidents or comments and the boss may think you are this or that, and it could take you years and years to break those assumptions.

• Like 1

im a fucken great boss . its all about respect. u work hard i will look after u!! buy me sum beers we r all good lol

i dont fuk around anymore with new jobs if the boss is a kunt . i tell them to fuck off!!! $$ isnt always the best option..

• Like 3

I work in hospitality, its high pressure low skilled industry so a lot of the time someone not necessarily up to the task is left to deal with a bad situation.. the general public are unlikable at best, tempers fray and people get nasty this has a knock on effect on staff hierarchy. I just roll along these days otherwise you won't sleep at night or you might have a stroke.

One question I wanna ask is though, why is it that the biggest cockheads, biartches and troublemakers are always the ones with power and fully endorsed and backed up by management/ lproprietors? Anyone who dares challenge their behaviour/ position soon ends up fired? I've seen it time and time again, he'll even experienced it more than once on the shite end.

Because people like that never question management there total sell outs .They will do there bidding just think of them as corperate puppets.

Cheers red, I'm all good though.

And yeah bullit, that's pretty much how I feel about it these days. Life's too short to put up with c#nts...but at the same time I guess sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches. Definitely hear you there stillman

And I don't really care enough about money to be the boss of anything...it's just a means to very basic end for me. The things I'm actually passionate about don't really involve money, and I kinda prefer it that way :)

Edited by gtarman

Confront the person and tell them to grow the fuck up and focus on the job. If they've got a problem tell them to air it, get it out there and get on with it. You're both there to do a task and get paid, nothing more, nothing less and unless you're getting paid a hell of a lot it's not worth it to take shit.

You don't have to like each other but if it's interfering with the work dynamic and you're not the problem go to a higher up and explain it exactly this way:

Petty bitchiness and strong egos are getting in the way of work, lowering moral and productivity, and it needs to be dealt with.

If the higher ups are the problems tell em to go fuck themselves and find another job - there is no shortage of hospitality work, where I live anyway.

Luckily now I don't have bosses and colleagues - I have clients.

• Like 3

It's really good when you are not 100% dependent on the job you're working in and you know you can leave it any time.

Means you don't have to take other people's shit.

Aim higher G-man, you're better than hospitality. Don't do it to yourself.

Cheers HD. I know I'm capable of much more well-paid and "better" jobs...but to be honest the reason I don't go for them is because the best of me is not for sale, if that makes sense. I have my own projects and volunteer work that I do, and that's where my energy and capabilities go - and I wouldn't take money for that stuff even if it was offered.

Money doesn't really interest me at all, I just have to have a way to pay my rent and bills etc that doesn't take up too much of the time and energy I need for my real work...so I usually just get some dead-end job or another to keep things afloat.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 3