The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
PhoenixSon

Outdoor grows

OKay guys i have heaps of mulched garden beds all sorts of mulch hardwood mainly then some lots are softwood, and a bit of everything else in between.

I was wondering for a subtropical environment what sacred mushrooms would be best to try to get growing in the backyard?

Also if anyone wants to help me with some myc, that would be great.

This season i will be taking a crapload of cow crap that had pins in it and creating a spot, to see if i can get flushes from the pads.

But i want to get a couple of woodlovers to help compost the mulch and also to get some spores off them.

Would i be able to spray spores around the garden and get some grows

cubes love any rich compost cow/horse (any sorta grazing animal I think) shit will do. Wait til we get warm nights and add water. Recreate their natural environment and you will have success. ;)

Some people are negative toward outdoor grows, I think its grouse.... have fun!

yeah i was thinking cubes would be easy but how any any wood lovers be able to grow up here?

Psilocybe subaeruginosa should be quite easy in the middle of winter...

I would like to try pan cyans at home one day but havent seen any wild for a few seasons.

doo it, dooo it, I have heard of people having success where all theyve done is import cow shit and spread it then set up a sprinkler to come on for an hour before sunrise. takes a fair fuckin bit of shit to get started though

I read a post a while ago here (can't find it now :() where someone had inoculated soggy cardboard boxes with P. subaeruginosa spawn (or spores?), then once they were fully covered with mycelium they buried them in a freshly mulched garden bed and watered regularly. The next winter nice little fruits popped up. I have seen subs take a liking to freshly mulched beds in the past and always wanted to try this one.

Have a go!

so the subs should be okay in a subtropical environment? the heat wont kill them, and i will get fruit in the winter. and cubes in summer, sounds good.

trying to channel a kilo or two of fruit....we need rain baby!

Pinned near the top of the main mycology page is a thread named : Creating an outdoor patch for woodlovers or subs. Try that.

Edited by OPP

I was thinking about this very question last night. I honestly thought that it was not cold enough here over winter for subs. Will re-read the pinned post and research further.

Doubt azurescens as deep cold shock required.

I remember reading about that species when I borrowed one of Stamets' books from a friend. Always wondered if there were any areas in Australia where it might grow well. Not that I'd want anything to do with such a cold place anyway, but interesting to think about.

doo it, dooo it, I have heard of people having success where all theyve done is import cow shit and spread it then set up a sprinkler to come on for an hour before sunrise. takes a fair fuckin bit of shit to get started though

Now that's a no nonsense tek. Something even I might be able to pull off <-- follows directions poorly.

I read a post a while ago here (can't find it now :() where someone had inoculated soggy cardboard boxes with P. subaeruginosa spawn (or spores?), then once they were fully covered with mycelium they buried them in a freshly mulched garden bed and watered regularly. The next winter nice little fruits popped up. I have seen subs take a liking to freshly mulched beds in the past and always wanted to try this one.

Have a go!

These are W.A. Subs

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30361&hl=%2Bgrowing+%2Bwoodlovers

And these are a Victorian strain

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36598&hl=

Both done outdoors with great success

Just use ya head you need to try and replicate the right habitat

Ask yourself are they woodlovers ?

are they dung lovers ?

what species will your climate support

It's really a very easy thing to do with very little effort that's for sure ;)

Some people were having success at triggering winter fruiting by dumping bags of ice onto their patches. Might be something to try in those warmer climes especially. Small backyard patches can also be hand-watered during dry weather, so if the temperature's right you don't need to pray for rain, just grab a watering can!

• Like 2

This is true dumping bags of ice on a patch can help trigger fruiting

Do it late at night when it's coldest so it lasts as long as possible

• Like 1