The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Glass Roots

Why do my dogs like my cactus? T_T

I just got a cutting of SS02 and Lumberjack in and had them sitting in my room. I looked the other way for 5 seconds then turn back to see my dog gnawing on the new growth of the SS02!

I had to cut the tip off because it was tore up. Not cool. :unsure:

That sucks man!

But you could look at the positives, like they have dogs to sniff out truffles you have a super special dog that you could take into the desert to sniff out cacti :lol:.

• Like 3

dogs eat their own shit so who knows :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Feed it an older piece of SS02 with hardened spines, it might get the message.

My dog was eating a lot of my plants - several thousand dollars worth, it seemed like nothing was going to stop it from chewing them up. I read all the best advice on the web & contacted dog trainers with no success. All the best advice meant nothing to this fucking mutt.

So I sandpapered its arsehole and poured metho on it. After a few good sandings it got the message.

It now has a phobia for anything growing in a pot.

• Like 1

So I sandpapered its arsehole and poured metho on it. After a few good sandings it got the message.

lol you didn't.. ..... .

Feed it an older piece of SS02 with hardened spines, it might get the message.

My dog was eating a lot of my plants - several thousand dollars worth, it seemed like nothing was going to stop it from chewing them up. I read all the best advice on the web & contacted dog trainers with no success. All the best advice meant nothing to this fucking mutt.

Do you think this approach would also work for friends that always seem to tax your lighters?

I might give it a try.... :wink:

• Like 3

lol you didn't.. ..... .

No you're right I didn't. Dogs put up way too much of a fight to be able to pour the metho on.

I had to pre-soak a rag with metho so it was ready to go.

• Like 2

Do you think this approach would also work for friends that always seem to tax your lighters?

Give it try, but if your mates are anything like my dog they'll put up a good fight and you'll probably get bitten a few times.

They'll probably backslide and do it once more, so you'll have to do it again but after that I reckon your lighters will be safe.

Edited by SallyD
  • Like 2

dude get a lighter leash!!! one of my mate's has one attached to his glass thingy. its impossible to tax. $2 from a servo, just a retractable nylon string with a base that attaches to lighter on one end and the other end attaches to your wrist or smoko pouch or utensil Edited by whoami

dude get a lighter leash!!! one of my mate's has one attached to his glass thingy. its impossible to tax. $2 from a servo, just a retractable nylon string with a base that attaches to lighter on one end and the other end attaches to your wrist or smoko pouch or utensil

Yeah but they're not really going to learn anything that way, as soon as they see a lighter that's not on a leash the bastards will still pocket it like they've all always done.

I say try the metho and sandpaper "tek"

• Like 1

Yeah but they're not really going to learn anything that way, as soon as they see a lighter that's not on a leash the bastards will still pocket it like they've all always done.

I say try the metho and sandpaper "tek"

oh well at least you'd have one remaining lighter to use and wouldnt be totally F*cked for fire

Theres a Thread somwhere in that i write about my dog eating a 50 year old Pelecyphora Cactus. Shit was hilarious. Poor cactus tho.

Edited by Evil Genius

i have loads of plants round me dogs ya gotta show them its a no go from get go yo :wacko: its abit like ya shoe thing.. shit i dont have any shoes :wacko: not cause the dog ate them but 4 real i dont wear shoes .. i should start a topic bout forgetting ya shoes when needed??? :blush:

I may have posted this elsewhere...but just goes to show that no kind of pet is safe.

goats are terrible for eating cacti too, even big spiney old bridgies and stuff. damn things

Yeah that's one crazy cat.

His ID skills need a bit a work though he's going to be disappointed when he finds out that it's not even active.

I wouldn't recommend the sandpaper and metho tek for a cat, it would be like sticking your hand in a woodchipper when the metho kicks in.

Edited by SallyD
  • Like 1

man you come up with sone funny stuff. I might try it on my cat for shits n giggles

also my 2 staffys are cunts of things for knocking down my fenced off plant areas and wrecking havoc. the new pup is gonna get a datura seed pod jammed up his ass if he gets into mt green house again.

At least this isn't just bad luck on my part seeing as this is a general problem :blink:

Lucky I was there to watch her do it, otherwise byebye SS02. She would've really learned on the Lumberjack though... would've had to bust out the tweezers! :wink:

Sorry for dribbling so much shit in your thread, I know it's a serious issue, it certainly has been for me.

If I didn't have a laugh about it, I would have been committed by now.

Edited by SallyD
  • Like 1

If I didn't have a laugh about it, I would have been committed by now.

No reason to take life too seriously, it's not we're getting out alive. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

dogs eat their own shit so who knows :rolleyes:

then their owners allow them to lick their face... :-! Ewwww!

only true dog lovers realize what a gift it is to be licked with the poop-tongue. its an honour :P