The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

Giant pumpkin contest!!

I hope you've got access for a forklift or a truck with a hiab to lift that monster up & weigh it when it's fully grown.

Yeah got a forklift lined up from work lol. Long way to go yet but.

I think it going to pass what we grew last time in the next couple of days. :o

And Stillman claims he has no skills. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Got

• Like 3

And Stillman claims he has no skills.

Skillman

• Like 9

^^hehe^^

I been smashed by winds here and have a lot of split stalks on the vine, not sure if it can be saved yet, will let yas know how the surgery goes

• Like 1

16 days set.

DSCF2476_zps9cbc6d1e.jpg

DSCF2478_zps6ead6630.jpg

see how far it lifted the vine. I think if I had not raised it the fruit may have snapped clear as this plant is anchoring itself to the ground everywhere.

• Like 4

Skillman

Do you think if we get enough votes we can get his username changed without his permission? Surely Hillbilly has the power? :lol:

• Like 4

1459977_10201924383705572_1300441059_n.j

Mine is still alive after multiple chicken attacks, but i think skillman has me beat easy, even if his dies now LOL

• Like 5

16 days set.

DSCF2476_zps9cbc6d1e.jpg

DSCF2478_zps6ead6630.jpg

see how far it lifted the vine. I think if I had not raised it the fruit may have snapped clear as this plant is anchoring itself to the ground everywhere.

looks plastic too me

• Like 3

a coupla days above 20 have my pushed the punk's on :wink: still getting cool/cold nights.....the sun is burning into the skin now so thats a good sign as well.

Your daughter is going to love watching that thing grow it just gets faster and faster from now on in stillman.

• Like 1

She thinks its awesome, I got her to hand pollinate the flowers and so she feels quite happy with her work. Races down in the morning and then after school comes back and tells me how big its got. You can actually see it grow over a day.

Edited by Stillman
  • Like 2

This thing is putting on some serious weight everyday. Not even 20 days set so long way to go. I'm just hoping it hold together now. The weather has me spooked its been hot and humid with winds and threats of storms and heavy rain in December...lol

DSCF2495_zps749556a2.jpg

Edited by Stillman
  • Like 8

Hey Stillman what are you going to do now your pumpkin has outgrown your 300mm ruler. I suppose you could tape blazer to the end of the green one that should last for another couple of days. :)

Maybe you should invest in one of these.

linereel111.jpg

Cheers

Got

• Like 3

Cut mine back and buried what I can but not looking well. Am going to clone and replant, should have plenty of time still. No matter what have to set a personal best so Im in till the end.

Maybe Stillman might have a super awesome magic clone for me :)

• Like 3

No matter what have to set a personal best so Im in till the end.

Same here mate :) seems it'll possibly be a one horse race but still fun to see what we can come up with.

My vine is finally on the move, small flower buds and curling tendrils now obvious.

• Like 2

Same here mate :) seems it'll possibly be a one horse race but still fun to see what we can come up with.

My vine is finally on the move, small flower buds and curling tendrils now obvious.

You never know :)

• Like 3

Its really early summer heat here I've waste a hell of a lot of water on this thing already. I'm working on some clones Nothink.

• Like 2

Don't give in yet folks...stillmans has thrown down the shock and awe - but he is gunna have a battle ahead of him soon with local climate. Its going to need some serious water just to keep the vine standing.

lol ...my battle is the start - blew a gale last night and I have snow settled on the tops of all the hills that surround me....and was out last night protecting these babies from falling snow.....its just so wrong (shakes head....).

But I've got them through it without any damage I think.

DSCF9030_zps07730467.jpg

EDIT - just you wait.....Incog is gunna Bradbury us....lol

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 3

I recon incog is still swinging the mattock :)

Your vine is looking healthy WB. I was thinking of you when I saw the national forecasts over the last couple of days. At least you won't be having to water it much. :)

What has happened to the westerners. Spring has eventually arrived so they should start taking off now.

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

Mine are just showing the leader vine now, with flower buds etc forming. I was gonna take a photo but they're looking wilty in this heat, so I watered them and will take a photo soon, once they rehydrate.

Don't wanna look to embarrassed...

• Like 3