The Corroboree
Schitztrip

Stoner/Tripping Music....

Guest will3

Cloudspirit,

I like William Orbit too...Loreena Mckennit like Sigur Ros? I guess the plaintiff movements are similar!

Internet certainly makes the world smaller, my friend married Birgitta (http://www.this.is/birgitta); and we all lived with another man in a house on the north coast together for a few months.

Julian.

Originally posted by gomaos:

I shall never forget "Rage against the machine's" Killing in the name of..."

Yes if this furom ever needed a theme song that would be an excellent candidate, "FUCK YOU I WON,T DO YOU TELL ME".

The answer to the immortal question is without doubt Back in Black no further responses or correspondence shall be entered into. waterdragon it would seem we are among the more mature members here but you just can,t beat the classics and besides old age and treachery will always overcome youth and agility.

Originally posted by shroomy:
Originally posted by gomaos:

I shall never forget "Rage against the machine's" Killing in the name of..."

Yes if this furom ever needed a theme song that would be an excellent candidate, "FUCK YOU I WON,T DO YOU TELL ME".

I second that.

Authority needs to be disobeyed

Guest SOUTHERNER

ahhhhhhhh the sweet sound of silence

Music for my alternate consiousness's:

Spiritualized - write emotionally powerful music over large aural soundscapes. They have a new album coming out towards the end of the year which utilises over 100 musicians.

Spacemen 3 - drone-drug-rock.

The Necks are a excellent Aussie band who specialize in album length songs which gradually evolve into somethink different.

For some Tassie tunes try Slide: http://ids.tuu.utas.edu.au/~gheydon/slide.htm or Waiter: http://www.waitertheband.com . MP3s are available!

Guest Trichus

anyone know an easy to use ftp site, or somewhere to upload some stuff...?

Plenty of places around give you free web space. A lot of them block mp3 files so check that out first. If worse comes to worse you could always re-name the file temporarily , then all the person has to do is rename it back once they've downloaded it. Cute ftp is a very easy to use ftp client. You can download it for free from www.globalscape.com but it is also a trial version.

If you have some music to share with the world you could just put it into your shared directory using napster. Then if anyone searches for it they can download it straight from your computer.

Guest wira

Spaced - I wasn't going to say anything here, I thought maybe no-one would know what I was talking about, but you might appreciate some of these albums for inner journeys...

Coil - Time Machines

Terry Riley - A Rainbow in Curved Air

Tangerine Dream - Electronic Meditation, Alpha Centauri, Zeit, Atem, Phaedra

Herbie Hancock - Crossings, Sextant

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Kraftwerk - 1, 2, Ralf & Florian

Algarnas Tradgard - Framtiden är ett Svävande Skepp, Förankrat i Forntiden [that's one album title - they were from Sweden, in case you're wondering wink.gif]

I figure it's a waste of time trying to describe most of this stuff, a lot of it kind of defies normal categorizations...

[This message has been edited by wira (edited 14 July 2001).]

Guest wira

Here's some more trippin' favourites...

Amon Duul II - Phallus Dei, Yeti

Hawkwind - In Search of Space, Doremi Fasol Latido

Ash Ra Tempel - Ash Ra Tempel

Agitation Free - Malesch

Annexus Quam - Osmose

Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum, Outside Inside

Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill

Butthole Surfers - Hairway to Steven

Can - Tago Mago, Ege Bamyesi

Clearlight - Symphony

Deuter - D, Aum

DOM - Edge of Time

Dzyan - Time Machine

Embryo - We Keep On [skip track 2!]

Faust - Faust, The Faust Tapes

Fifty Foot Hose - Sing Like Scaffold

Funkadelic - Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow, Maggotbrain

Black Sabbath - Paranoid, Master of Reality

Gong - Camembert Electrique

Grateful Dead - Anthem of the Sun

Groundhogs - Split

Guru Guru - UFO, Hinten, Kanguru

Hairy Chapter - Can't Get Through

High Tide - Sea Shanties

King Crimson - Lark's Tongues in Aspic

Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley

Lard Free - Lard Free, I'm Around About Midnight, III

Flower Travellin' Band - Satori

Mother of Invention - We're Only in it For The Money

Night Sun - Mournin'

Silberbart - 4 Times Sound Razing

Quiet Sun - Mainstream

Spacecraft - Paradoxe

Morton Subotnick - Silver Apples on the Moon, The Wild Bull

White Noise - An Electric Storm

Zanzibar Cob - Muirbiliuqesid

Endgame - Avatar

You won't find most of this stuff in your local music shop unless you have a pretty unusual local music shop [except maybe the Butthole Surfers and Kyuss].

Again, I won't try to describe them all individually, I've already taken up too much space, but it's mostly 70's stuff, very varied and experimental stylistically, unhailed gems that I really treasure and have all been tried and tested wink.gif

I love a bit of Motorhead too, but for me that's more music for drinking and smoking smile.gif Then again I used to listen to early Godflesh [Godflesh and Streetcleaner] a lot on mushrooms when I was much younger, I guess it depends what mood you're in [or what mood you want to get into wink.gif]

[This message has been edited by wira (edited 14 July 2001).]

lately ive been listening to a range

of music whilst under the influence

TOOL

NIN

A PERFECT CIRCLE

PRIMUS

APHEX TWIN

HALLUCINOGEN

CHEM. BROTHERS

WARP BROTHERS

COIL

PINK FLOYD

ROGER WATERS

JESEUS RODRIGUEZ

THE DOORS

TALKING HEADS

HARD FAST PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE

Guest cloudspirit

Chemical Brothers!

I use my Chenical Brothers Cd to get rid of folks that sometimes appear and crash on me couch....."I Guess I Should Have Known"

ive been insanely busy,

and still tracking a digicam,

soon,

ill post a new subject under'shamanic drums'

Coil

Chris & Cosey

<>Music Fantastique

<>Pagan Tango

Robert Leiner

<>Visions of the past

William Orbit

<>Bassomatic

<>Some of the Strange Cargo Series

<>Torch Song

<>Hinterland

Vangelis

<>Bladerunner

Single Cell Orchestra

-Transmit Liberation

-Kudowbuz

-Knockout Drops

The Stone Roses

-Fools Gold

Global Communication

Dead Can Dance

Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrad

-Now we are free

This Mortal Coil

Massive attack<>Mezzanine

-Protection*Brian Eno mix

Placebo

-Pure Morning

Klaus Schulze

-Stardancer

Hooverphonic

-Out of Tune

-Nr9

Depeche Mode

-World in my eyes

-Never let me down again

-Blasphemous Rumours

-People are People

Sheila Chandra<>Weaving my ancestors voices

Amorphous Androgynous-AKA Future Sounds of London

-Fat Cat

Delerium, Delerium and more of the one and only Delerium unless of course you count, look below--->

-Metamorphosis

-Temptation

-Myth

-Rememberence

-A Poem for Byzantium

-Inner Sanctum

-Underwater

-Nature's Kingdom

-Fallen Icons

-Heavan's Earth

Frontline Assembly Aka Delerium

-Silent Ceremony

-Mortal

Aphex Twin

-Polynominal

-Analogue Bubblebath 1

-Dot

Red Planet Soundtrack

- The Tower that ate people

Beaumont Hannant *

-Water & Space

Aural Float

-New Frontiers

Psolonaut? off the Pi Soundtrack

-Third from the sun

Air-album is Moon Safari I think.

-all I need

Tool<>Lateralus

Zoviet France

-Angel's Pin Number

Pete Namlook

-School of fish

Gary Numan<>Exile*

-The Angel Wars

-Dark

-Absolution

-Prophecy

System 7<>Water album

-Alpha Wave

-Sirenes Tranquility mix.

PowderFinger

- My Happiness

Future Sounds Of London

-Papua New Guinea

-Expander

-Cascade Off the 12" not off lifeforms

Bob Marley and Lauryn Hill

-Turn your lights down low

Orbital

-Lush 3-1

-Illuminate

Wallflowers

-Heroes

Love spirals Downwards

The Cure

-Lulluby Remix off the 12"

U2

-Talkin about the end of the world

-The fly

-Mysterious Ways

Seal

-Crazy* And a couple of the mixes are kickass if you chop it up in soundforge or Cool Edit Pro.

Tori Amos

-Cruel

-Carnival

-Datura

-Glory of the 80's

-Suede

-Angie

http://www.audiogalaxy.com/ is the Shiznit. For a lot of your obscure music Needs.

[This message has been edited by ?SaToriBluE? (edited 19 July 2001).]

lookup KaZaA... kAZZAAAAAh!

I used to upload gigs and gigs of music to people through audiogalaxy a week until telstra capped the freedom plan, it was my feelgood act of selfless joy and sharing frown.gif. Really pissed me off that did. Yeh I do buy a lot of music, if it can actually *be* ordered, that is. I ordered Gary Numans Exile like 6 weeks ago, and it never came in, what am I supposed to do, wait? I can't get the remixes at all. Since ordering things I want hardly ever come in, I don't fret it. When the music industry get their shit together to centralize and actually make available on the net, the music I want at a high enough quality then I will start paying for my downloads np. As long as they are reasonable about it. I am all for artists getting their share of money, from the true happiness they give to me through their music, I would preferably pay them direct and in the like 2 opporutnities I ave had to do so have done.

And I ain't talkin 100 flavours of Britteny Boobjob Spears or a trillion flavours of Goa Mono trance. Or a quadrillion flavours of Drum and Boredom. I am bein a bit rough smile.gif

I know what I want and I don't think I ave ever truely heard it yet. My current playlist runs for at least 24 hours now, I think and I am still not satisfied. I don't think I will ever get that Underground Science Record on the Plink Plonk Label that haunts me in my dreams frown.gif

I am way behind the curve when it comes to understanding information technology at the level I should. I am still determined to put together a little hobbiest sound studio though for my own entertainment. I would like to in future, work with information technology far more closly, especially involving electronic music and music in general, at least at the hobbiest level. I would love to develop a group dedicated to digitizing vinyl and whatever other outdated recording mediums that are losing ground to modern ones and sharing obscure sounds that would rock. Maybe streaming and shoutcasting music across the net in an integrated website kinda rant, forum thing. Not for a few years though. English course, maybe more english courses, uni, woman and good friends, integrated dataflow network training, irrevocably alter the entire course of human history for the better, in that kinda order smile.gif I can dream. I can see my digital, multi dimensionally tentacled empire of knowledge sharing right now smile.gif Imagine that. So many things you can do. Music, Philosophy, Entheogenics, drawing together and reaching out, touching the lives of 100's of millions of people.

Dataflow Culture is the religous text of the new millennium.

And now for something completely different. Let me introduce you all to Nutty Mcshithead smile.gif

http://www.campchaos.com/cartoons/napsterb...goblin_56k.html

hullo

following is a link for information about a radio show i listen to semi-regularly..

It's called Hybrid (probably taking its name from Michael Brook's album) and the broadcast is every Sunday night at 8.30-10pm, on community radio station 106.7, PBS FM (Melbourne)

..you can listen to the station's broadcast via webstreaming..

check out the program grid..they're truly ecclectic and all the presenters are volunteers with a passion for the sounds.. lots of electronica, alternative, jazz, country & assorted oddities

the station is kept running by subscribers/sponsorship only.

Back to 'Hybrid' -

All the music/sounds have an 'ambient' feel.

It's been running for 8+ something years.

Check out the site, if you please..it has artist biographies grouped roughly by 'genre'.. (ie, deep ambience, atmospheric, jazz & 4th world fusion, post-classical, fragments of sound, etc) & weekly playlists.

Recently featured was

smile.gif

Many will find something to suit

I know for certain that the show's presenter would absolutely love to receive any feedback about the show & the website.

If you listen to the show, keep in mind that Andrew (the presenter) seems to go through 'seasonal changes & periods'..

ok, that is all..

Hybrid

coin.

[This message has been edited by coin (edited 19 July 2001).]

Honestly I give up on Australian Music distributers I am moving my entire music searching interests to the net I think. If you want the truth I think I am taking a little longer to adapt then I should ave, you got to remember I wasn't brought up to shop like this. The world wasn't like this when I was young. Can't believe I am saying that smile.gif Takes a while to get used too.

My music tastes are mainly limited by what I have heard and what I know nothing about. That's pretty much it. A lot of music collectors are really reluctant to share their music knowledge. I don't fall into that category thankfully, I am from the opposite extreme. I just lack input from sources other then my own. I would really like to rectify that one day. I got a plan too I think.

God dammit I finally remembered the name of that record store in The Netherlands, Ellesdesia. I had a bunch of friends a few years back who opened me up to using the internet to find music.

Gotcha. http://www.ellesdesia.nl/

Now if only I could remember that other kickass one I used to know.

Morpheus is an interesting new program similar to NApster, It allows you to download music and videos,, also if you are disconnected you can resume downloading later which is a most welcome feature.

The good thing about really Alternative music is although it can be hard to find and buy they don't have as many gripes about giving it away!

Guest MICHAEL

but this is an outrage! no brittany, no christina, no mya... I'm ashamed to call myself a member of this forum! I felt sure that a list as esoteric as wirra's for exaple might have at least some room on it for Nikki Webster!

Hmph! I'll be in my trailer!

...like...um...she's the one who sings "theres a tidal wave of mysticism flowing through our jet age generation"...right?

wink.gif

this has been a most interesting thread how bout we change tact a little and diverge into tripy film clips. that one by m and m or d12 purple pills i believe its called with the guy dancing in that really spikey cactus costume cracks me up every time, I must have one biggrin.gif.

the red an yellow an purple pills

is a cool clip

how about that one with the baby in the

womb i think it's mezzanine by Massive

Attack or californiacation by RHCP

heaps of Tool clips are good

more later

psycho0