The Corroboree
lucid1

Ebay - T.peruvianus or is it?

not a peru but definitly worth $100 , Carnegia gigatea?

saguaro ??? I want it !!

thats cheap but imagine trying to move that..

• Like 1

Pretty amazing.

Its in Victoria for those interested.

You'd need a flat top truck to move it,l crane or something mechanical

Cool!!

Do you reckon it would fit on top of my commodore?HaHa

I'll do a run down from the Goldy on the weekend B).

• Like 1

Either Saguaro or Terscheckii. Awesome Plant...if you´d buy that in a nursery, you´d pay thousands not hundreds.

• Like 2

I've been racking my brain since it was listed, trying to think of a way to get it without a crane :) how heavy do you's think it would be?

400/500kg?

^^^ Block and tackle possibly.

Bet the spines would do some damage!!!

• Like 2

Maybe more, assuming cacti weighs similar to water by volume if it were a 5m x 40cm cylinder of water it'd be about 600kg or so. I assume that beast would probably be 40cm thick to.

I think you'd be needing a crane or some sort of pulley/rigging system for that weight, definitely not the sort of thing you'd wanna drop.

i reckon if you stood a box trailer on its tail right next to it, then strapped the cactus on with ratchet straps. Then dug out the roots and tipped the box trailer back on its wheeels with a winch on the front of a fourby. That would work. But be fkn carefull.

I have seen trailers specially built for moving trees with this kind of tek.

• Like 4

i'd be happy chopping 2 metres of the tip off and planting that

so grotesque. i must have it

• Like 2

yeah terscheckii or something.

I imagine it will be pretty messy to undig this. definately requires some moving gear.

A pain..

I would rather buy a smaller one for less and wait .

I was thinking if I won it I'd get a 6m ladder with ropes tied to either side of the top ,stand it up against it, strap the top 2.5m to it and have two ppl on the other side of the fence holding the rope or tied to the tow ball of a car and lowering down once cut in half .

What do you's think ?

Looking at the new photos that have been put up I'm not sure it's either Saguaro or terschecki, looks more like it perhaps could be Stenocereus thurberi

I was thinking if I won it I'd get a 6m ladder with ropes tied to either side of the top ,stand it up against it, strap the top 2.5m to it and have two ppl on the other side of the fence holding the rope or tied to the tow ball of a car and lowering down once cut in half .

What do you's think ?

Im not an engineer, but i reckon it would bust the ladder in half

• Like 2

It still looks like a trichocereus to me, rather a T.validus and not a terscheckii judging from the sparce areoles and not to long spines.

Difinately does not look like a stecereus thurberii, where's the pipe organ shape, reddish todark spines , dark areoles etc

mushroom man, your idea about ropes and all is great, even though this is a very heavy item and it might need pro gear / more people to hold etc.

but the most difficult task will be to unroot the root system. I doubt it this can be done without caussing considerable damage to the rest of the patch and root systems.

except if they're selling the part above the ground

• Like 1

you'd have to make a frame and look for someone with crane and a trailer big enough to move it,.... you might want to have an excavator too to dig it out..... ideed,..... find the right person that wants it and he/she will pay more then 1200 $ at least.

be aware if how easily you can access the yard...... otherwise you need a big crane hahahaha........

I think that a big landscaper with its own equipment is the right person for this job if he or she wants to make a a few $$$

• Like 1

seriously, will it grow like a normal trich cutting if you cut off the tip and callous it off?

i'm sure i could get about 2 metres in the ute, and leave the rootball in the ground

seriously, will it grow like a normal trich cutting if you cut off the tip and callous it off?i'm sure i could get about 2 metres in the ute, and leave the rootball in the ground

It should be, I would think it would take a long time to root though.