The Corroboree
qualia

if you could go back in time to any time what would it be?

and why?

i'd go back to say the turn of 5th century BC, many of the most influential human thinkers were around then:

pythagoras

laotzi

gautama buddha

confucius

plus i think it would've been fascinating to see the social dynamics at that time, central municipalities surrounded by small villages/farmland with vast expanses of unfucked "nature" (for want of a better term).

ok now you go......

• Like 1

Yesterday.

Had a pretty good day.

• Like 6

Yesterday.

Had a pretty good day.

yesterday i didn't even have use my ak,

i gotta say it was a good day

Yesterday.

^ that would be like Ground Hog Day? lol .

I would like to go back to the 60's... i don't think i need to give a reason :wink:. ( i was alive in the 60's but was like 1 year old...but i did get to see my older sisters have a good time).

I would also like to go back to the late 1800's. I like looking at old photos from around that time. It all interests me.. from the rich and fancy clothing, and nice architecture buildings, right down to the other end where clothes are made from flour bags, families living in one roomed houses, cosy and warm by the old wood stove, small huts,horse and carts, early cars... etc... Yeah, i think i would like to take a 'trip' back there.

• Like 1

Yeah Buddha and Lao-Tsu would be a kick. But I think Lao-Tsu was a grumpy librarian before he retired and wrote Tao Te Ching so maybe not great to talk to. Socrates would have been a hoot to check out too. Imagine sharing some hemp with him, he liked a good old bacchanalian drunk-fest.

More recently, I would love to have checked out the Kerouac/Burroughs/Ginsberg to Ken-Kesey scene (beat/hippy border). They would have been intellectually exciting times.

• Like 2

I would like to go back a few years and get to South America when Terence McKenna was talking around a fire at Palenque.

Would love to hear him in person.

• Like 2

dinosaurs

definitely dinosaurs

I wouldn't go back to any time. I think we probably have it better than anyone in history (at least we do in the West), and wouldn't want to risk getting into a bad situation by going back to an earlier time.

• Like 1

Ahhh finally, Well here I am.... I found this thread in 2037, And well.... here I am... Jeez do I have some things to share with you guys..... :lol:

• Like 1

I wouldn't go back to any time. I think we probably have it better than anyone in history (at least we do in the West), and wouldn't want to risk getting into a bad situation by going back to an earlier time.

it's a peculiar side effect of time travel where one is rendered invincible, and able to perfectly understand the language and culture of the time thus assimilating perfectly,

I suppose it would be pretty cool to meet some scientists from the past and tell them how our technology has advanced based on their theories. I'd maybe take my phone with me and show Newton the video of Armstrong stepping onto the Moon.

Ahhh finally, Well here I am.... I found this thread in 2037, And well.... here I am... Jeez do I have some things to share with you guys..... :lol:

actually you inspire an interesting ancillary point, i would love to know how current language will evolve over say a millennium.

in 1000 years time will our grammar "devolve" (so to speak) to simply symbols again (i'm thinking f.e. "lol speak")?

it seems already technology (i.e. typed communication) is changing language structure, and language is disappearing at a rapid rate.

with globalisation, will there be a one world language in 1000 years time?

or will there even be a written language? is writing too time consuming and will be made redundant?

i'd love to see what it's like.

actually you inspire an interesting ancillary point, i would love to know how current language will evolve over say a millennium.

in 1000 years time will our grammar "devolve" (so to speak) to simply symbols again (i'm thinking f.e. "lol speak")?

it seems already technology (i.e. typed communication) is changing language structure, and language is disappearing at a rapid rate.

with globalisation, will there be a one world language in 1000 years time?

or will there even be a written language? is writing too time consuming and will be made redundant?

i'd love to see what it's like.

J >>

lol

erm, tricky question in all honesty,

im barely able to deal with now!

um that Sodom of gemorrah? spelling? sounds like the only place in history worth visiting. and the safest. if only you could come home like it was one big red light district.

just my 2c.

• Like 1

1977, great cid back then, but mainly to see my first girlfriend, yeah still holding a bit of a flame,

then again I doubt she will want to screw a 53yo even though I have a few more tricks and a lot more confidence than back then.

The sydney music scene was going off every night, from Tactics, Thought Criminals ,Birthday Party to the Saints and Radio Birdman and a heap more.

It tried but never returned to those heydays.

I could plant some Caapi vines that would be cranking by the time I got back to 2013 !!

• Like 1

well i would go back a couple of hours before oz lotto or go to September 10 2001 and set up a camera in

front of the pentagon

Edited by bigred82
  • Like 2