The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ghosty

lab glass

ok. this has given me the shites. i imported labglass some time ago. i found there was issues to owning this stuff and went to the Police station to enquire about obtaining and owning this gear for my business. they placed on file, my intent to obtain lab glass so as to abide by QLD laws. i did, everything right by the laws of this land. got raided the other day and the warrent said "unlawful possesion of thing" or some such rubbish. how the hell am i in unlawful possesion of these things when i went to the Police to ensure i had logged my intent to purchase this gear and thus be in lawful possesion of this gear. now, i dont mind the raids etc. given the nature of such tools, but i did feel a little like a criminal when my needs are legit and the purchase was logged with Police long before i made any order for such gear. i just dont get it. i was told "i have allot of gear here" what?? it aint much, about 5-6 rbf, 3 condensers, 2 still heads, 2 thermometers, few stoppers, 2 vigreux, and 1x 3 neck flask for my reactor, along with a few gas take-off heads. is this normal?

all used for nitric acid making and silver metal reclaiming. im told they will keep raiding me too. is this right? am i supposed to treated this way for the rest of my days because i have some tools that i need? they treated me well as i would expect. but i just wonder do they have the right to raid me at time of their choice for the rest of my days till i get the shits with it and throw all the gear out and give up on my business??

Sounds like this should be in 'Legal Matters' - but it certainly sounds unfair, and probably illegal [edit: what they did to you] (although these days what passes for legal is increasingly rights-quashing). It might be worth to root around the laws yourself, or if you have the spare money but lack time - then a lawyer. I don't know for sure though - but I definitely think it's unfair.

yeah. i though it was one raid only. i dont have money it all goes into the setting up of this business at this time. been a 2 year struggle to do so and i plan to start production and sales this year, all going well. this gear is needed to ensure i can compete with online market given the over pricing of everything here this is the only way i can do it. taking for exaple nitric acid, anywhere else on earth is around $2.70 per litre, by the litre. here though, typically, around $37.00 per 500ml. obviously i need to make it myself due to shipping issues with 68%conc nitric.

& then I looked at ur location "QLD".... :BANGHEAD2:

more QLD bullshit ... here's to the boys in blue :wave-finger:

So I assume they didn't seize anything? Try asking for advice in the legal sub-forum, you can't be the only one to have gone through this.

I thought that "unlawful possession" meant that they either thought you had stolen the thing or didn't have a licence/etc for it. Wonder what the hell the "thing" in question was?

Unlawful possession is a very wide term, that includes; (you guessed it) "things" that you cannot lawfully obtain. IE some lab equips.

Im pretty sure "recieving" stolen goods or stealing itself are the offences preffered when dealing with stolen items.

& then I looked at ur location "QLD".... :BANGHEAD2:

more QLD bullshit ... here's to the boys in blue :wave-finger:

Exactly the same thing happened to a sydney member and that was a few years ago too

He wasnt even buying anything that required an end user declaration either

things were a few condensers and round bottom flasks, still heads etc. oh, and a hotplate. all are end use agreement items. hard to even find out what the hell that means on the net here. just wonder how when they raided me they seemed to have no idea that i went into the police station down the road and made sure it was placed on file that i was after such gear. nah, they didnt take anything at all, they used a lazer scanner of some sort to see what i had used this stuff for. only metals and some work i did on Bhut Jolokia Chilli's =) they told me "gee, you like your chillis dont you?" LOL sure do!! =P speaking of chillis, i have not forgotten about the bhut jolokia seed packs to be posted soon. in fact they are ready to bag up now. will get onto that and post many packs out to members here. as far as end use agreement goes though it means (i think) that you can have them but must let QPS know about them and your intended use. it is nice that im able to have them as life would be a bit tough if i was not able to have such gear. all in all raid was ok. just thought it would be a little less formal. thought we could go about it on a more "friendly level" being told to sit here, and that i am detained kinda shit me. i mean, where the hell am i going to go? i aint doing anything wrong. perhaps they deal with so many people doing the wrong thing they can no longer be relaxed about it. i can understand that. i thought it was entitled them to one raid only. guess it will be an ongoing thing, this is what shits me. it isnt nice to have your house raided and i just wonder what my neighbours think? i will have to inform them of why they came here and that all is OK. just looks bad to others. this i dont like.

but ghosty, i just did a quick search on the interent and the results came back as that three necked flaks are illegal to own. Maybe it doesnt matter you contacted the fuzz about your legal intentions?

bloodty hell, does that mean you can't make your own biodisel out of fish and chips trays?

my transvestite mate told me he's starting a glassblowing course soon, then it's doing a welding course.

i says

"Sharon why do you want to do that?What's Clive going to say?"

Sharon says

"I wish you would dissolve into a drop of green fluff, that way i could just vaccuum you up!"

Ofcourse, i retorted witha aquippy remark full of wit...........but deep inside i found a new way to feed my delusions.

well i not sure about 3 neck flask be illegal. it is the basis of my birkeland eyed reactor. the police document states single neck reaction flasks too.. lol. realy? a single neck flask is a reaction vessel is it now qps? lol yeah right... i can show them photo's of a "reaction flask" and it sure as shit aint single neck. my flask dont even have a vacume port with tap. that aint right is it! seems to be allot of bullshit in qld. no shock there... anyhow, i guess i just have to put up with this crap for the rest of my days. im sure that in 10 years or so they will come to see that I DONT LIE and just get over it. i saw some condensers on SAB and wondered how the hell is that possible to sell given the drama i have gone through with such device. anyhow, i guess thats just life in qld. on a far more important note, how the hell does a gay person move to hawaii? when i cant get and dont want a wife? i am sick of this country and all it's bullshit and am very seriously looking to move.

The raid probably had nothing to do with the local plods. It was probably instigated by 'intelligence' provided by customs to the regional drug squad. They are not likely to check local records for what intent you registered.

EUD are a requirement on the supplier, not th buyer. So by importing you do not need EUD's but you make yourself a bigger target for raids.

Sgt Wanky might have told you he'll be back, but in reality if you stop importing they are unlikely to look in on you too often. It's more of a threat to let you know that they will keep an eye on you, which they use to justify their failure in the original 'intelligence'. Yes, they need to make YOU feel like a criminal in order to justify their unethical behaviour. Don't let it get to you. The fact you had it all in the open and had a legitimate reason means they probably won't be back unless you import again or unless you are somehow connected with drugs in another way.

Are you sure the glassware was even what started this? Maybe it was purchases of other chemicals. Nitric is of interest to them and so is silver.

Ditto what Torsten said. You maybe should search up on the laws about such things...