The Corroboree
trucha

Signing in/out oddness

I was curious about something that is a new experience for me.

I'd been thinking I'd kept forgetting to sign out due to noticing that I was still signed in.

In the last few days I've deliberately signed out (now several times in total) and carefully watched to see that I was indeed signed out yet when I revisit this site I find I'm somehow either still signed in or was signed in again without me doing it.

No problem but its a bit strange hence my question.

• Like 1

same problem

IndianDreaming - -

No, I live in a rural area with a copper wire version of DSL so everything starts to crawl if I try to work out of more than one window at a time.

At some point after signing out I've also shut my computer down and gone to bed.

• Like 1

^ I need to learn to shut my computer down and go to bed sometimes - I have square eyes :) Good luck, I have no idea what could be causing the auto log in issues...

• Like 1

Yeah I've noticed a couple times it's automatically logged me out after staying auto-logged in for several weeks.

sign in occurs automatically here as well. seems that "remember me" for log in details is ticked on default. i could only circumvent auto-log in by deleting

-temp internet files

-cookies

-index dat files

-history

-last download loc

however that procedure needs to be run after every log in :huh:

• Like 1

^^Same here.

I'm curious what changed?

I never altered anything in my settings and used to have no problem logging out and back in.

yep mines doing the same thing.... good to know the ghost of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin isn't fuxin w/me

Just out of curiousity, what browser are you in? I just recently switched to googlechrome and just wondering if the same issue might be a browser thing as im not all that used to this one yet but it sure beats the hell out of IE

Edited by Spine Collector

There is already another thread discussing this, but no resolution yet. It is obviously not a server side issue, but I haven't worked out which settings at the user end cause it. It is not doing it on any of my accounts on either firefox/IE/opera, ranging from Xp to windows7. When reporting problems pelase ALWAYS report browser and operating system [and possibly the type of device] as otherwise there is no way to try and replicate the problem and hence no way to find the solution.

• Like 1

Thanks Torsten,

I'm using a MacBook and OS X (version 10.6.8)

The particulars of the device:

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 Gb 1067 MHz DDR3

The browser is Safari version 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)

Edited by trucha

I'm also having the same problem. Thought I was forgetting to sign out, but today

I clicked on SAB forum, saw that I was already logged in, so I signed out. I closed

the forum page and then clicked it back on and was still signed out.

But, when I went off line then back online and clicked on the SAB forum page I was already

signed on! Tried it 3 times with the same result. Not good!!

Dell computer

IE Browser

Roadrunner for IP

If I use only "private browsing" I stay signed out fine.

Otherwise it signs me back in automatically.

The other day I deliberately signed out and found I was still signed out when I came back briefly another day. I did not sign on again that time yet this visit I am once again signed on automatically.

Clearly a glitch persists albeit erratic. Is this involving some sort of evercookies?

Edited by trucha

I use firefox and win8, I ask to stay logged in forever but it still logs me out when I restart, I have firefox set to delete all cache and cookies by default.