The Corroboree
Torsten

The federal model schedules are coming

I can see a big surge in the use of illegal manufactured drugs such as amphetamines and heroin as a result of all this, the yin that will come from excess yang (control)

I tend to agree with this, SallyD.

Repression doesn't work. There are more substances ('classic' and novel) available now than I've ever seen before, and many of them are stronger and less understood than anything a plant produces.

• Like 4

Yeah they haven't succeeded with anything else they've tried to ban, all they've even done with that mentality is opened the door for entrepreneurs and introduced a criminal element with all the associated social problems.

@Space Cadet - On the point of destroying plants what about plants grown legally before the legislation is rubber stamped. Is that going to be a grey area and are they going to offer any amnesty or buyback like they did when they banned semi auto weapons.

For some of us it's going to be like asking us to kill some of our kids, we've nurtured these things for years and it won't be easy to do destroy them.

Can I sue for emotional distress, I mean we're not talking about normal material objects here, it involves living and some say even sentient beings for the lack of a better word.

• Like 3

can i get my pitbull back! smell likes shit to me!! i battled tha same bastards 4 2 years to have my fuken dog back !!

fuken rat roxon cunt :devil:

• Like 2

now i mite have my brugz to fight 4??? i have just become a member of ibrugs and registered 6 new hybrids and have 30 new seedling of my new crosses ! FUCK!!

• Like 2

yeah, the nurseries that specialize in the breeding, propagation and saler of brugs are surely going to be able to claim compensation right? But... This in a way will make so many people criminals that people will realize how stupid the government actually is. Like the khat in perth, they are so common, police do not tell people to destroy them.

I assume, this law will only be used to prosecute people if there is also eveidence that they had intended to use them for illegal purposes. SO if u had intended extraction as the reason for growth and they can prove this, then u could get busted. But if u just grow them for growingthem and have no evidence that u had intended anythying illegal, then I assume u would be left alone. This is just how I assume it will be implemented. I doubt they will expect everyday citizens to become botanists overnight, nor would they train their police for it. It will simply be so if they prosecute u, they can also do u for u plants too, proving intent to grow, sell, supply, etc And I expect nurseries, old people and non ethno people to be left alone. It's just all of us that are fucked, but who knows, they might go all nazi like. But I doubt it.

• Like 2

^^ Yes, this is what I assume too. But what happens if they assume you are only growing these plants to consume them? These laws have gone way beyond

"Let's ban a few plants that we think are causing serious danger to society" which was sad enough, as it covered plants which had amazing medical properties as well as potential for harm, to

"Let's try and control anything and everything that people may want to grow, and give us an opportunity to further prosecute people when other evidence is weak" which covers an entire plethora of medical plants, some of which are only just beginning to be explored, most of which cause very little harm indeed to the careful user, and in many cases do good!

I expect nurseries, old people and non ethno people to be left alone. It's just all of us that are fucked, but who knows, they might go all nazi like. But I doubt it.

This would be like making a car illegal, but only prosecuting someone for driving it if they looked a bit young, shifty or had long hair. Or any other reason they felt like. But the "good guys" are okay and left alone to break the speed limit, drive on the wrong side of the road, being totally ignored unless they actually run someone over.

• Like 3

"This would be like making a car illegal, but only prosecuting someone for driving it if they looked a bit young, shifty or had long hair. Or any other reason they felt like. But the "good guys" are okay and left alone to break the speed limit, drive on the wrong side of the road, being totally ignored unless they actually run someone over."

That sounds about right.

What I find a concern is that if they apply pressure to these wholesale nursery business then they will be no longer viable so in not so much time where will these plants be found? Before you know it alot of this stuff will become rare, Rarer, Gone. I think it will just finish the high end wholesale nursery gig ( probably forcing a fair amount into black market/ ebaytrade etc which opens us up to backyard diseases dodgy hybrids etc) and living in Australia once its lost it will be a massive pain in the arse to get back into the country legally.

• Like 3

So I wonder how much a loph will go for when it becomes a black market product

Edited by myco
  • Like 2

So I wonder how much a loph will go for when it becomes a black market product

Bit coins on silk road!

yeah, the nurseries that specialize in the breeding, propagation and saler of brugs are surely going to be able to claim compensation right? But... This in a way will make so many people criminals that people will realize how stupid the government actually is. Like the khat in perth, they are so common, police do not tell people to destroy them.

I assume, this law will only be used to prosecute people if there is also eveidence that they had intended to use them for illegal purposes. SO if u had intended extraction as the reason for growth and they can prove this, then u could get busted. But if u just grow them for growingthem and have no evidence that u had intended anythying illegal, then I assume u would be left alone. This is just how I assume it will be implemented. I doubt they will expect everyday citizens to become botanists overnight, nor would they train their police for it. It will simply be so if they prosecute u, they can also do u for u plants too, proving intent to grow, sell, supply, etc And I expect nurseries, old people and non ethno people to be left alone. It's just all of us that are fucked, but who knows, they might go all nazi like. But I doubt it.

I have had the police at my house a number of times to talk about my Catha but never was there intention to get me to remove it. It was suggested at one time but that was to stop people trespassing on my property. The thing that does concern me a bit now is they were compiling a register of all of the catha in the area so mine will be on that list.

As far as not prosecuting unless they can prove that you were going to use a plant for illegal purposes that is basically the law now. You can grow the plants but not consume or prepare for consumption. The alkaloid is illegal not the plant.

The difference with the new regulations ( if they stay the same as the draft ) is the plant will become illegal and this what I have a major problem with because I don't want it to be up to the discretion of the police whether they charge firstly me but also my parents for growing plants that they have grown for many years as ornamental plants.

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

many of the plants on the list dont contain anything active anyhow. though they are awesome exotic plants. many are on that list incorrectly as the net info suggests it contains xzy alkaloids, when in fact, it doesnt.

• Like 1

Khat plants are already illegal in W.A. GOT ;)

many of the plants on the list dont contain anything active anyhow. though they are awesome exotic plants. many are on that list incorrectly as the net info suggests it contains xzy alkaloids, when in fact, it doesnt.

exactly ghosty, this legislation is idiotic on a number of levels

• Like 1

i can't find an updated list of plants for these new regulations. from my reading it seems that (currently) they're just shifting everything from the old laws into this new set of regulations. so presumably for the time being everything's all the same as it is now? if i'm wrong can someone update me where there's a new list of plants?

i know i was aware of that list from before, but is it definite that those schedules are coming into force? because i can can't find a reference to that list in the new regulations (in post #11).

OMFG, are u serious!! Calcium is still on there! Along with Platinum and Palladium.. Um OK, Do they just means salts of those metals? Cause if they mean the metal too, then they should look seriously at the Perth Mint and any serious coin or bullion collectors. Sheesh!

And wat of the calcium? Calcium wat? cloride, carbonate, hydroxide? Lime for ur garden, brickies lime for cement will soon be officially lised precursers. OMFG, the government are such dumb shits. I am embarrassed to be the same species as the people who wrote this peice of trash!

• Like 5

They are fighting a loosing battle & they know it...

They are fighting knowledge but with their inovations of the internet & social media the esoteric & archaic knowledge spreads like mycelial strands...

Either severe curtailments of all percieved human rights will ensue or the light will shine through...

The end is nigh... or ignorance is bliss... The choice is ours...

• Like 2

wow. did anyone else see in the precurser list, that palladium is illegal? LOL we all have palladium! phones, computers etc all have allot of that metal. guess we are all making MDMA now too are we? palladium is just another metal i will recycle as to not waste anything. but... how do i sell it? can i sell it? is it illegal to recycle it? it must be removed during the process as such metal salts are a threat to the ecosystem. gee, a country gone mad. start saving your money folks, looks like we will have to get every plant on our land tested for "drugs" LOL. yes, including the grass too! am i the only one who see's dust storms comming? all this is just like that movie "idiocrazy" i can understand the attempt to controll the making of shit like methylamphetamine but for gods sake other plants. have we forgotton that lerenzo's oil came from lophoria. i mean as far as this dmt stuff goes, how the f***K are we supposed to know what has it and what doesnt? are these plants only illegal at certain times of the year or in certain environments? would it not be true to say that to remove this naturally occuring compound would mean killing most animals and almost all plants?? bloody australia and it's moron's in places of authority.

as I've said in times past, it is a true pleasure to live in the dumbest country in the world! well, at least our land is wild and awesome.

if thats the case then we must ban all fruits, seeds, spices, essential oils, amino acids, geesus tapdancing crist.... you could make drugs from anyfucking thing on earth IF YOU REALY WANTED TO. ok, simple isnt it? ban all foods, ban all plants, ban all animals, ban all metals, ban all salts, ban ya f*cking self, or just ban the morons that come up with all this bullshit! honestly, it's SO FUTILE it isnt funny. soon some smart-arse will find a way to make drugs from thin air, then we'll have to ban that too. stupid, stupid, stupid country.

and... i will need platinum to recycle my silver scraps to ensure purity of the silver items i will soon be selling (jewelery). oh, and i need to use labglass to do that too. so, i MUST be making drugs hey.. what bullshit. id cut of my own head with a paddle-pop stick before id make bloody drugs etc.

Doesn't this all turn on the phrase "minister's determination"?

AFAIK, Ministers already make determinations about a lot of things, we can only hope that the minister is wise enough in this instance to set up some sort of advisory committee to aid his determinations.

• Like 1