The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Osbournes .... yawn

Due to circumstances beyond my control I was exposed to an episode of The Osbournes tonite.

I cannot believe people actually watch this shit. My most boring friends are more interesting than these people.

But seriously, I would love to hear from someone WHY they watch it.

Well I watched it because my daughter watched it and I'd never seen it before.

Couldn't believe how burnt-out ozzie is, how old is he, 75?

His wife is just so STRAIGHT< kelly is dumb, and the son is a nerd...

the wife goes past the white house and rings the president...what a showoff!

When that sucker george w. bush actually appeared on the screen I walked angryly out of the room...

I won't be watching that again...even "King of the Hill" is better

This show makes me fucking sick to my stomach. It's a fucking disgrace.

fucking americans. These Osbournes make me ashamed to be a mammal.

Chemical Shaman

monroe transferWhen you and your partner connect each other's assholes with a tube. One defecates through the tube, thus transferring the turds to the rectum of the other.

I find more appeal in staring aimlessly into the abyss of my belly button!

actually, Ozzy looks like he had a stroke. if that is the case then he is probably the least sad out of the lot. (and if not, then he is just really tragic). The wife is as dumb as those stupid dogs of hers.

The son acts like he is 6 or 7 and appears to have the relevant IQ. Kelly I didn't get to see much of, but from what i heard in the background she seems another manufactured pop starlet. A few months ago I saw her in a short interview at Fox studios in sydney and could't believe why any reporter would bother asking her any questions.

I found the whole show a grating experience.

"fucking americans. These Osbournes make me ashamed to be a mammal."

They make me ashamed to be an american.

I'm still proud to be a mammal though smile.gif

gom - I am really interested what makes people watch this. I understand people watching mindless drivel when it is entertaining - I think we all do it sometimes. But what I don't get is why people will sit through something THAT boring. The people who made me watch it were rock musicians and I let them watch it out of professional courtesy. Even they could not give me a reason why they were watching other than "but it's Ozzy!". However, that doesn't really apply to the younger crowd. Is Kelly really that famous that people put up with the bore just so they can be close to her?? (sorry, I am not in the rock loop and as far as I can tell, she has little talent).

I am intrigued why you daughter likes it? is there a new ingredient in prime time TV that I am missing?

my teenage daughter said she admired kelly because she was her own person .

but i want to know how someone who is like ozzy appears on tv,can sing and perform on stage,let alone remmember iyrics?

t s t .

Originally posted by Torsten:

Due to circumstances beyond my control I was exposed to an episode of The Osbournes tonite.I cannot believe people actually watch this shit

From someone who has admitted here previously that he watched Big Brother I find this claim a touch ironic wink.gif

For those who might care, I believe Ozzy´s had a couple of strokes, actually. His one saving grace- his brain lives like it´s still trying to be a rock and roll suicide.

Originally posted by Darklight:

From someone who has admitted here previously that he watched Big Brother I find this claim a touch ironic wink.gif

This is why I was asking for motives. Sure, I watched big brother a few times, but only until the only intelligent guy in the group got voted out (like second week or so). And no, I wasn't watching it because of his intelligence, but rather because the gay papers were making a big deal of his nickname - which was 'donkey' as far as I remember. You see, big brother did not interest me at all. It was purely a perving thing wink.gif

The Ozzy thing is totally removed from me as I can neither appreciate him as a musician, nor as an idol. I won't even start on those kids....

If it is really a case of nostalgic hero worship, then I can understand it (as it appeared to be with my clients), but that does not explain why it is so popular with the kiddies.

t st tantra - thanks for sharing that. I wasn't aware Kelly was actually respected.

Can someone tell me if Kelly has had more than one hit and if any of them were not covers?

Maybe it's just interesting to see how that family functions, and keeps it together...

or just plain W A C K stuff.....

yup , Ozzy looks worn out....

Actually, my daughter was watching itr for the first time too.

I asked her if she liked it and she said no.

She also said she's not gonna watch it again...there you go....

Originally posted by Torsten:

Can someone tell me if Kelly has had more than one hit and if any of them were not covers?

Not that I remotely like any of her songs, but is her recent "Shut up!" a cover?

purely scientific interest...

Why are 'The Osbournes' so popular?

Because MTV decided they would be?

[This message has been edited by Happas (edited 07 January 2003).]

Maybe its US gov. sneaky way of brainwashing, saying

"if you do drugs, this will definately happen to you", the effects, not the stardom hehe

hmm, im always one for a conspiricy.

sad isnt it

I'd like to tie that fucking Jack Osbourne to the tow bar of my VK Commodore and drag him through the back streets of Frankston North just to see exactly how many minutes that arrogant fucking smart-ass dipshit attitude flew before he had more holes knifed into him than a swiss cheese factory filled with 45 naked fat ladies with their pants removed. He needs a big fucking wake up call. Fucking arrogant rotten spoilt little mammas boy american fucko.

And that Kelly Osbourne......well.....

It's blantantly obvious that there were some MAJOR complications at birth, so I don't know why the hell they are trying to parade her around like she's one of us when she should be locked in a fucking cage along with all the other of her kind to be jabbed at with sticks and have people walk past and go "awwwwww, poor thing, I would feed you some bread crumbs if I could actually bear to look at you for more than a couple seconds at a time."

No wonder they paint her up like she's a Michelin Drag Queen.

This is the result of EXTREMELY bad parenting people. These motherfuckers are screwed for life.

Guest mandragora

l

Edited by mandragora

ERRRRRRM uh i have watched it a bit mainly because i have 13 black sabath albums and several of ossies solo records, to say he wasn,t much of muso is bit harsh torsten he certainly used to deliver a lot of individual raw rock unlike a lot of the shit these days wich is all just rehashed shit and samples, but hey im a fan and therefore biased. the show itself comes with some laughs mainly for me because of the way the dude handles such a fucked up bunch,

: "I Love you all dearly but your all fucking mad"
honest remark i thought. um im not stupid enough to not know a lot of it is a sham, the guys a showman and always will be but there still seems to be a lot of down to earth basics about him concidering hes life.Cant say i have watched for a while and i dont keep track of when its on but if i come across it whilst surfing ill watch it. oh and hes english not american but i supose hes been there long enough to be corupted

[This message has been edited by shroomy (edited 13 January 2003).]

shroomy - I said I can't appreciate him as a musician. That does not mean he is a bad musician. It simply means that to me personally he and his music don't mean anything. I could say that about a lot of rock musicians same as you would say that about a lot of techno producers wink.gif

I for one did like the very first Black Sabbath album (simply titled black sabbath) but from album 2 on they just became too commercial (and also kicked their lead guitarist who was way better)and now that they've become supercommercial....oh well

I didn't realise that you were supposed to have sympathy for every character in a TV show in order to enjoy it. F'rinstance, I found most of the people in Sylvania Waters (arguably one of the first "reality" shows) to be absolutely horrifying. That didn't stop me watching in rapt fascination, however :-)

As for the Osbournes, I find their dysfunctional nature and fooking inability to fooking express themselves to be fooking hysterical. The show adds a new dimension to the concept of Beverley Hillbillies smile.gif My main gripe is when they _don't_ stage something, becaase things can get a little slow otherwise.

BTW, Ossie reputedly did something like 1000 acid trips in his heyday, before the booze and coke became his preferred tipple. Food for thought perhaps?

Originally posted by gomaos:

I for one did like the very first Black Sabbath album (simply titled black sabbath) but from album 2 on they just became too commercial (and also kicked their lead guitarist who was way better)and now that they've become supercommercial....oh well

Many bands have succome to fame & fortune

just a few that remain stable....

Allot of bands / musicians have the tendicy to become more refined and grow out of their ways, and that's when allot lose that edege they once had.

get older, andlose that Anarchist edge

get older, and lose hippy thing you had going and become a yuppie with a nice suburbian home, pet / dog.... smile.gif

get older, lose your mind and get althzeimer or parkingson..... so dont let that edge soften.... live for the cause!

keep your eyes on the target!

be well

Ozzy: drooling, shambling, drug fucked wreck. I don't think he was thinking about his future when he was eating entire sheets of blotter. At least he is a 'genuine' celebrity, having done something original in his field.

Sharon: If anyone on this show was going to get bowel cancer it was going to be her. Deeeeeep in denial, and what is with those little frickin dogs?

Jack (?): voted most likely to suicide before 30. nuff said.

Kelly: Eeeek! kill it! kill it!

I watched half of one episode. I lasted until Kelly put a plastic-bottomed electric kettle on the stove and melted it, then chuck a nana when everyone else laughed at her (and rightly so). It was at this point that I realised that by watching this dross I was lowering myself to these people's level. Never saw it since. Except for once at a mates place, I caught about 30 seconds of Ozzie throwing a ham through the neighbours' window.

The whole 'reality TV' thing is fucked, it's almost entirely devoid of true reality, almost like as soon as a camera gets involved it is no longer real. I guess from a philosophical standpoint it can't be considered a reality if its jut being spewed at you from a TV and you are a passive observer of past events- how is that reality?

It's all a conceit, and yet another form of ethically empty space filler. Along with our junk-food lifestyle we now have junk-TV. Wanna keep the 10 year old quiet? Give em a packet of crisps and put on the Osbournes. Fill their bodies with nutrition and their minds with knowledge.

waz

Waz, word..... word! Thank you for helping to realize!