The Corroboree
MyPageOfManyInterests

I thought i'd say hi.

Morning all. My registration came thru this morning so just thought i would say hi. I am female and reside in south east qld. I know nothing at all about plants and am married to a horticulturist that jokes that the best plant is a dead plant lol

My curiosity is to edible plants, i would like to be able to learn every weed or bush that is edible on my property, though they do tell me our land is on an old volcanic moutain (not sure if their spinning with my head lol) and nothin grows here but gum trees. lol

So hi to you all, i have been enjoying reading your forum for about 3 weeks now and feel like i know some of you so well lol

Edited by MyPageOfManyInterests

Howdy :)

welcome if your in south east Queensland consider coming to a meet we discuss sustainable farming ethno living etc and we are having one this weekend

Welcome to the Corroboree MyPageOfManyIntersts. Lots to learn about plants around here. :)

if your in south east Queensland consider coming to a meet we discuss sustainable farming ethno living etc and we are having one this weekend

^ Wow, your meets sound technical, at our Melbourne meet, we just eat, drink, and talk shite...

:)

• Like 4

Welcome to the forums :)

Hello and welcome

Hi and welcome. Theres so much infomation on all types of interesting plants on this forum. Enjoy

welcome if your in south east Queensland consider coming to a meet we discuss sustainable farming ethno living etc and we are having one this weekend

Morning BigRed - yeah i know about the meet and ty so much for the invite. Before i was approved, i actually contemplated turning up to say hi. I am about hmm maybe 2 hours away inland. Maybe 1.5 hours - not sure. But unfortunatley my platform in my pool yard is being built by hubby and his mate this weekend and i need to be here to be the cold water and hot coffee waitress. By the way, just thought i'd say, i think ginger hair is gorgeous and so are freckles :)

Edited by MyPageOfManyInterests
  • Like 1

Hi everyone who welcomed me - thankyou :)

Amazonian - if i went to a meet - believe me all i would do is talk shyte and eat lol, I read what these people post and i am lost after the 3rd word :)

Welcome to the Corroboree MyPageOfManyIntersts. Lots to learn about plants around here. :)

^ Wow, your meets sound technical, at our Melbourne meet, we just eat, drink, and talk shite...

:)

so do we

Heym, welcome ! Good to see another female on the board, to offset the giant kransky fest that is SAB. :innocent_n:

While many members come here with an interest in entheogenic plants, a vest majority of us also grow vegetables, and there's always people willing to trade seeds, often species that are rarer than you'll find at your local nursery. There's also a lot of knowledge on various bush-foods that you might find growing as natives.

Edited by Psylo

Hello and welcome!

I think its great you would like to learn about edible weeds, im on the same learning curve to maximise the free food i can get :-)

If you are after any vege seeds at any stage, shoot me a PM and i'll send you lots.

Enjoy your stay!

Heym, welcome ! Good to see another female on the board, to offset the giant kransky fest that is SAB. :innocent_n:

While many members come here with an interest in entheogenic plants, a vest majority of us also grow vegetables, and there's always people willing to trade seeds, often species that are rarer than you'll find at your local nursery. There's also a lot of knowledge on various bush-foods that you might find growing as natives.

Because of the kangaroo and wild life population at my house, i have had to plant my vegie garden in pots in my pool yard lol the yard was all rock, so my garden is serving two purposes now. Food and decoration lol i am praying the possums don't discover it. I have so many books on bushtucker food but I don't seem to be able to confidently say - 'oh that is that one, yes i can eat that' lol I think that i have identified a plant and ask hubby and he looks at me and says 'NO' lol

Hello and welcome!

I think its great you would like to learn about edible weeds, im on the same learning curve to maximise the free food i can get :-)

If you are after any vege seeds at any stage, shoot me a PM and i'll send you lots.

Enjoy your stay!

How kind are you to offer that to a total stranger. I am not 100% comfortable when i look out at the world and then when i look within, i see dependency. That dependency is too a supermarket and a chain supply. I don't like that. So it is a big learning curve to see what i can eat without killing myself lol