The Corroboree
Ethos

Current poll, should Australia follow Colorado and Washington and legalise Cannabis

As the title says on the Drum webpage they have a current poll going asking Australians to vote as to whether they think we should follow Colorado and Washington and legalise cannabis, here is the link to vote;

http://www.abc.net.au/news/thedrum/polls/

I personally think there is a lot more then 30% of Australian that would like to see changed laws regarding cannabis use, so I am making and effort to share this page on facebook and post it here because in this day and age technology and social media tend to work quite well at getting certain messages across to the people we want to hear them.

• Like 3

70 % against. who is voting in this?

:o

Edited by obtuse
  • Like 1

Yeh i know, it just means for every 6 people supporting the cause there is 16 people that are against the cause.

But even at 31% (if that was converted to entire australian population) means there are more then 7 million citizens willing to support the cause

Religious lobby groups I reckon, they have become a very powerful force recently on polls and areas such as comment sections on newspaper pages and the likes.

Its like the bastards swarm like locusts these days at the first sign of "green pick" to drown out any opposing view.....

• Like 6

Its now at 32%, like always stoners are just late to the party.

I think its realy heartening even at its current level, its a big ask going from illegal in every state & being the same schedule as heroin with no recognised medical value & a harmful drug to being legal. Colarado was alot different where they had legal medical use in other states than legal medical use in their state & now legal recreational use. I think that gradual transition makes it much easier for most people to accept so keep in mind the question they are asking.

Check out this poll its on the same page if you scroll down a bit.

Should ecstasy and cannabis be decriminalised in Australia? Yes 54% No 39% Not sure 7%

6953 votes counted

• Like 3

They should ask if ppl would be happy to pay more in taxes & levies to combat cannabis use.

• Like 2

34% say yes

go vote people :)

Currently at 50%, vote if you haven't already :)

53% ! Mind you, its a Federal funded site, in reality the are only creating the vote to log IP addresses.

• Like 1

Well psylo if that were true I guess the feds would have a tough job on their hands sorting through 9000 + i.p. adresses, 54%

Yea, theyre going to have Metallica's IT team help with the task.

55%

• Like 3

63%. I noticed it was on r/trees (A subreddit on reddit)

63% against

37% for

12041 votes counted

unbelievable :BANGHEAD2:

edit: atom is right. i'm stupid, no excuse.

Edited by nabraxas
  • Like 1

63% against

37% for

12041 votes counted

unbelievable :BANGHEAD2:

I think you've got it the wrong way around

63% looks good, but while spam works for the religious groups it also seems to have worked when the ethnobotany groups woke up to the game. A quick look at the other polls reveals that 62% of people think that male circumcision shouldn't be banned (ouch), and that most polls only gather around 5,000 votes. Our poll has 15,000 - this 5000 is somewhat close to the 33% who don't want cannabis to be legalised. Is our small group of ethnobotanists the only people in Australia who want cannabis legalised?

Edited by whitewind

dropped back to 51%. :o

obiously the other side have got wind of the change in votes and doubled their efforts.

lets triple ours.

:devil:

Edited by obtuse

50/50... crazy.

I wonder what % of the 50% against drink alcohol and/or smoke cigarettes

• Like 2

hmm it is some what dissapointing, that in Australia today there are still people that will vote against something because that thing is not in their own personal interests.

I mean seriously who in this day and age still has negative stigmatic view in their heads from years of brainwashing propaganda, if they do and they still see it as a harmful gateway drug knocking on the doors of our communities ready to corrupt our youth and turn their brains to mush, well I guess there are a lot more ignorant Australians then what I thought.

Maybe we should vote to close certain churches as they are a gateway to harder things like child abuse...

• Like 4

There are many many Australians who make ends meet from growing and selling MJ.

If I happened to be one of those people, I would not be wishing for it to be legalised.

Our domestic blackmarket industry here in OZ is HUGE and this would have a very profound effect upon it.

That being said, I am all for it and think it would be a huge step forward. ( voted )

• Like 1

I think if it were legal the people who already posses the skills and knowledge of growing cannabis in Australia would become the people running things at top of the industry.

If cannabis became legal for recreation like alchohol or cigarettes the demmand would either stay the same or increase due to people being more open to purchasing a legally available product, this would be a bonus to the growers as the prices would stay approximately the same while the market grows therefore the growers would end up making twice as much as ever before.

People will eventualy get sick of having to find dealers that are 'on' only to end up spending their money on some crappy schwag half hermied bud, if cannabis was regulated at least the quality would be consistent