The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

Romney is 'yesterday's news'

Forced to take a back seat as President Obama switches into disaster management over-drive, Mitt Romney is already looking like yesterday's news. Especially with his plans to kill off the Federal Emergency Management Agency now coming back to haunt him.

IMO, this is the knock out blow that will finish Romney's attempts to take from the poor and give to the rich.

From Medical care, to economic bailouts, to disaster relief, why shouldn't the American Government be there to help it's citizens when they need it most???

Here is Romney's speech in which he says he would kill off the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Good riddance Romney!

http://americablog.com/2012/10/romney-fema-hurricane-funding.html

• Like 1

told you sandy was obama's handiwork

• Like 2

Romney did it to himself. People will have a long hard look at what he said, about everything he has said, and their conclusion will be.. "F#%K THAT FOR A JOKE!" (Just like their eventual perceptions of Sarah Palin).

Nothing like some sobering reality to open peoples eyes to pure bullshit.

• Like 1

Not that Obama is some amazing golden solution OC. But good news for those who believe in change!

Long live the left

The fear here at home is that the Repugs have muddied the waters enough -- through a slew of less-than-trustworthy polls and Faux's non-stop Obama bashing -- to give the impression that the race is a close one. If they can just give the perception of a tight race, then altering votes on the unverifiable electronic voting machines can be done without raising too many eyebrows.

I've read that this is particularly possible when the polling puts the two candidates within ten percent of each other. Any more than that, and vote flipping would be too obvious. This makes sense, as in our last election, Obama beat McCranky Pants by a huge margin, making any attempted nefarious vote altering impossible to conceal.

Og help us all if this comes to pass, as my gut tells me that we're about to experience another disturbing and 'surprising' election, reminiscent of the first (and second, come to think of it) shrub election. Romney will narrowly win, against all odds, with close enough margins to seem feasible. Scares the bejeebus outta me.

My only hope is that wiser folks have already thought this scenario through, and made suitable precautions against voting machine fraud.

• Like 1

As much as I find Romney repugnant, I've always thought Obama to be a squib, and his 4 years in office hasn't changed my opinion.

If the Yanks had a Republican version of Malcolm Turbull, and I was a citizen over there and the Turnbull doppleganger was running, I'd happily be voting Obama out of office.

Although come to think of it, such a bloke would be a Democrat anyway, even though Turbull is conservative by Aussie standards...

I like mal turnbull. He seems to be pretty level headed with big balls. Mitt Romney destroyed Obama in the last debate- to be honest I do t think it matters who is pres or pm it's the big corporations hands inside the puppet (IMO )

I like mal turnbull. He seems to be pretty level headed with big balls. Mitt Romney destroyed Obama in the last debate- to be honest I do t think it matters who is pres or pm it's the big corporations hands inside the puppet (IMO )

Yeah, if Malcolm Turnbull was the leader of the libs, then I’d be definitely be voting for the liberals next election. I hate gillard! Her unethical mentality is clearly highlighted by how she was prepared to use her own father’s death for political gain. Also, breaking international law and abandoning people in desperate need of assistance with her refugee policy, for the sake of a few votes, was a low act. Someone should ship that heartless bitch off to Nauru! That would true be poetic justice.

Btw, I don’t know what debate you were watching, but there’s no way Romney ‘destroyed’ obama in the last debate. Romney clearly won the first debate, but imo obama clearly one the 2 debates after that. Of course it all comes down to personal opinion, but there’s no way you could say Romney ‘destroyed’ obama in the third debate, when obama clearly stood his ground in the last 2 debates.

I also think your opinion of it not making a difference who wins the up coming US election, is completely false.

Basically, Americas got 2 choices if they want to hold onto their world dominance. First choice is to invade Iran and take full control of the Persian Gulf, which would probably end up being the catalyst for world war 3. There second choice is to start making the transition to renewable energy and stop relying so much on oil.

Romney is clearly and advocate for option 1, where as it seems obama is going for option 2, since he hasn’t invaded iran yet. Imo, the outcome of the upcoming US election, will have a huge influence on the satiability of the civilized world.

• Like 2

Iran...

Dont tell me you fall for the iran propaganda over there too?

We get most of our oil from other people to begin with.

Iran is happy to sell what oil they can export when we arent killing their children with murderous sanctions.

Iran is not suicidal, they wont attack the US. They havent initiated a war of aggression on anyone in 400 years!

Iranians may seem strange to outsiders, but so do my neighbors. I dont kill them. I'm strange, glad my neighbors havent killed me :wink:

International inspectors have confirmed, over and over, that they are not developing nuclear weapons. Politicians have to misquote their findings out of context to even imply otherwise.

Its only the jibberings of fanatical zionist war mongers addled with the lust for power that makes iran sound like a threat.

Obama...

Change!?!

I didnt give obama $1 because I knew he'd never give me change :P

If americans wanted change they would have voted for the girl I voted for (McKinney, not Hillary aka. Romneyette)

Obama continued illegal wars, continued illegal sanctions, continued giving weapons of mass destruction to brutal foreign governments, and continued giving away our economy (bailouts are one thing but he didnt even try to regain control of the economy, he just tried to slap a bit of lube on our asses before we bent over to the corporations again).

Obamacare is a ridiculous insult, more corporate pandering. Its now considered a TAX to FINE us for not buying a product from a private company. They actually got that penalty in the law books as a tax! If upheld that opens the door to being taxed for NOT owning property, or NOT buying liquor, for example. I guess that counts as change, but so would contracting herpes.

Romney...

I would have been surprised if he won anyway, The reps seemed to be blowing this election on purpose just like they blew the last one with a senile bigot and the incompetent caribou barbie. Romney is a bigot, a fanatic, and a obvious toad of the mega rich at a time when the majority are wishing billionaires werent getting all their money.

I dont think the republicans want to actually be in charge while this country collapses again, it would be bad PR, they just want to stand off to the side and mock the democrats as they loose control.

Nelson+Muntz+-+haha.jpeg

• Like 3

Obama has sanctions some pretty heavy covert "war" operations in the last couple of years. I wouldn't fuck with him. Bin laden was executed in a "suburban" house with family present. Thats not very left lol

I'm just glad I don't live in America. Our political situation is currently a sorry mess but over there its like this grotesque beauty pageant gone wrong with chest pumping and white teeth and no one giving one fuck about the most vulnerable people in there population, because they don't vote??. I think we will probably be there in a decade but until then. Educate yourself and your kin before you join the slave class. lol

• Like 2

@Auxin. You’re missing my whole point mate. Firstly, I never said Iran was going to attack America, or that they were a threat to anyone. Lol, rather its America who is the threat to Iran!

Yeah, the US doesn’t necessarily have an interest in invading Iran, pacifically for there oil reserves. But a large amount of the world economy revolves around the US being the unchallenged dominate power of the region and having full access to the Persian Gulf, Iran is a major threat to that. This is a major concern to the US, since china is just waiting for an opportunity to challenge the US dominance of the region. If Iran blocked Americas access to the Persian Gulf, it would be the perfect opportunity for china to just slip in and take over as the dominate power of the region, which would compromise Americas status as the unchallenged world power.

In other words, if Iran was to halt access to the Persian Gulf even for a short time, then the world economy will come to a complete halt and Americas unchallenged world dominance would be compromised, which could very well cause a complete collapse of the US economy.

As for Obamacare, are you aware that the US is laughed at by the rest of the western world for not having a government funded healthcare system? It just blows my mind how Americans could consider themselves the luckiest people in the world, when there own government doesn’t even provide them with basic healthcare.

Yeah, Obamacare may not be perfect and is far from the government funded health care system the rest of the western world is privileged to, but at least he's done everything in his power to do something to try and ensure that all US citizens are capable of accessing basic health services.

Anyway, Obama might have continued a lot of the BS from the bush era, but he has gotten out of Iraq and has a plan to get out of Afghanistan. He has also done a lot to deal with the anti-american mentality that was so prominent around the world during the bush era.

I don’t want to come across as rude or anti-amercian mate, but your country is fucked either way, the American economy has peaked and it will never be what it used to be. What else is it that you expected him to do? His only human and can't just pull trillions of dollars out of his arse to bring the US economy back to what it used be, those days are over. imo, he has held the country together better than anyone else could have done.

But anyway!

Peace

Edited by jabez

I love the whole where pulling out of Afghanistan and iraq is a good thing mentality. Those places are going to go to shit powerfully the moment the forces leave. Afghanistan will be back in insurgent hands before lunch time the day the troops march out. You can't beat people with "Passion" (read religious zeal) especially when its all they have.

• Like 2

Yeah there never was a viable exit strategy for iraq and afghanistan and there never will be, so long as the US is involved, because the US is adamant that they be converted to american style democratic republics with american laws, american economics, and american customs.

The foundations for making every country in the middle east into little-americas just doesnt exist. It goes against the cultural context, it goes against the momentum of their history, the infrastructure isnt there, and people are too illiterate to even give democratic elections the thin veneer of credibility that america has in its electoral customs.

Given that, we could A) continue to make a mess there for decades more (out of iraq!?! we arent out of iraq! We werent even out of iraq under clinton, we were bombing it weekly, just the TV didnt bother to say so), or B ) apologize, promise humanitarian aid (and no weapons), actually follow through on it!, and just get the fuck out and let them be the architects of their own countries. Sure there will be in-fighting and maybe even civil wars but it will be of their creation and of their responsibility. No nation proudly stands on its own when its a slave to another nation, as long as we dictate their governance and their laws and their lives it'll just be a fucking mess. If they want something stable, let them build it. Pride in the accomplishment will make them want to maintain it.

Look at india, the british fucked around there for a long time trying to make it a little subservient clone of england, it never had a chance of working because it wasnt england! Only when the indians decided to make their country for themselves did it work... it wasnt without pain but in the end it created stable countries.

Similar examples are sprinkled all over asia, south america, and africa.

Obama...has also done a lot to deal with the anti-american mentality that was so prominent around the world during the bush era.

Well that wasnt difficult, Bush was so horrible that the first person to come along who wasnt bush was guaranteed the new "Thank_God_He's_Not_Bush" Nobel prize.

the US is laughed at by the rest of the western world for not having a government funded healthcare system

As it should be, as it damn well should be.

They should also laugh at us because 75% of us are fat and 97% of us are diseased and its a thing we are gleefully doing to ourselves because of infantile addiction to trivial pleasures with no obvious measure of wisdom or maturity.

Odd that so many still fall for the myth of american exceptionalism, and proceed to build mcdonalds's and buy cell phones and drink coca-cola so they can become fat and diseased like us.

Laughing at us is fine, but I hope its followed by honest introspection.

Edited by Auxin
  • Like 3

I love the whole where pulling out of Afghanistan and iraq is a good thing mentality. Those places are going to go to shit powerfully the moment the forces leave. Afghanistan will be back in insurgent hands before lunch time the day the troops march out. You can't beat people with "Passion" (read religious zeal) especially when its all they have.

Saddam Hussein was the one who kept Iraq reasonably stable in the first place. It was the 2003 invasion that caused civil war amongst the tribes and resulted in the whole country completely falling apart. The damage is done, not much anyone can do now, except just let them fight it out amongst themselves. Foreign forces occupying the country, just exacerbates the problem.

Afganistan is even more complicated, its very naïve to think foreign forces are having any influence on stabilizing the country as a whole as it is. It’s an ancient undeveloped country without any resource to build a working economy (except for the poppy). Foreign forces occupying it, just motivates religious fanatics who don’t belong there to come in and repress the afghan people even more than they already are. I don’t think anyone knows how the country of Afghanistan can be stabilized, but I very much doubt it can be done by westerners armed with guns.

They should also laugh at us because 75% of us are fat and 97% of us are diseased and its a thing we are gleefully doing to ourselves because of infantile addiction to trivial pleasures with no obvious measure of wisdom or maturity.

Odd that so many still fall for the myth of american exceptionalism, and proceed to build mcdonalds's and buy cell phones and drink coca-cola so they can become fat and diseased like us.

Laughing at us is fine, but I hope its followed by honest introspection.

Yeah no doubt, Australia seems to consider the US culture of junk food and trival pleassures as the definition of success and we most definitly strive to be a mini US. The culture and lifestyle you mention has definitly become the western way of life and is in no way confined to the US.

• Like 1

hey I agree I don't think we should be there at all. But you can't go and create a shit storm, murder the only man/ men ruthless enough to keep order in a very violent country and then leave and say well our work is done here, we've de stabled them nicely, empowered dangerous fanatical factions and we've given the rest of your religious zealots reason to matyre themselves...now lets go home and get fat on Macdonalds. lol.

Edited by Stillman

Romney wants to increase the military's budget by one third (on credit card). Of course he wants to attack Iran, he talks openly about it.

Attacking Iran would be the biggest mistake the US has ever made, worse than Vietnam and Iraq combined. Don't Americans learn from their mistakes?

Electing Romney would be America's Biggest Mistake EVER!!!

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 2

I personally dont care either way, nor does the majority of the world..the US is trapped in its own importance. I recently read Obamas book " Dreams of my father" whilst it was done way before he was president it really is a crap book. His dreaming, drawling stream on consciousness was really sad to read and whilst it showed essentially he is a nice human being, my opinion is that he is a little wishy washy and weak inside. On the outside he is charming and has a powerful voice and speaks well but it all comes across as a bit actorish and fake to me. It wouldnt suprise me if he was actually an actor. Thats the worst i can say, and if he stays well....the world will still be the same place and he will be universally liked, but i dont think he will be a great person in the annals of history.

Via straight looks and being a purposfully shallow statement, Romney looks the man to me. Whist Obama sounds like a leader, Romney looks like the most perfectly cast President i have ever seen. He looks like the ruler of the world, but he doesnt come across as pretentious and totalitarian. I like him just from what i have seen. If he is mormon and rich and backflips and has views on abortion etc etc.....good luck to him. Its a free world. I think Romney will win and i think he will go down in history as the man who rebuilt The USA.

^ really? i find so much wrong with this post its not even worth my time to type complaints. the one thought i will leave you with, why do you imagine the 'leader of the world' to be a middle aged white man, perfectly cast for the role. an abhorrent statement.

• Like 1

I personally dont care either way, nor does the majority of the world..the US is trapped in its own importance.

I think the majority of the world cares a great deal about another unprovoked US lead invasion. Though, I’m sure you don’t care less about nuclear war, I wouldn’t expect anything less from a self-proclaimed dumbass. Not that I’m calling you a dumbass or anything horrible like that, I’m just agreeing with ya

the one thought i will leave you with, why do you imagine the 'leader of the world' to be a middle aged white man, perfectly cast for the role. an abhorrent statement.

It seriously is!

Tweedle dum or tweedle dee ?

Future geopolotical moves on " the grand chessboard " were planned long ago and will be carried out as planned, regardless of the distractionary puppet seeming to be in charge of such decisions

• Like 3

dionysus, how can i reply to your statement when i dont know what you find wrong with my statement besides not agreeing with my statement, if i believe that romney looks the man and you find that abhorrent, then in reply because your talking in riddles who the do you "imagine to be the leader of the world" ?

jabez you live in a dreamworld brother, i may be a self proclaimed dumbass in reply to being called a dumbass by being mistakenly misquoted as condoning legal drugs by the leader of this site when in fact i never said such a thing but your conspiricy theorist ways are starting to get a bit worn out and tired and you should probably stick to what you know best, which is a mystery to me?

i think its funny how people get so worked up over politics when they know the least about it, this is how wars start jabez...from people like you who like to inflame other people opinions. did i say anything in my post that was directed at anybody else but anything else as my own personal comment, i expect critisism but i dont expect insults...work on your manners brother.

^ really? i find so much wrong with this post its not even worth my time to type complaints. the one thought i will leave you with, why do you imagine the 'leader of the world' to be a middle aged white man, perfectly cast for the role. an abhorrent statement.

It seriously is!

but why? many of the most powerful people in history have not been white, nor middle aged, nor necessarily even male. egyptians, persians, greeks, romans, normans, saxons, mongols, indians etc, there have been so many dominating cultures in the history of the (known) world run by so many colourful people i don't think it appropriate to say the ruler of the world image is clear cut to be the suit-clad white (quasi)christian. right now india, pakistan, china etc could just as easily end the world as the next president elect, we just won't hear about it as much on our Americanized news service and they may not be as mentally lacking is some US officials to do so. every day 'white' becomes more of a minority in the US, as other racial groups stick together to fight 'white oppression'.

santiago, the first part of your post i had no problems with, it was that you asserted romney to be the better man because he looks white, and implied barrack is good because he doesn't sound 'urban' (a real thing, the black president has to sound white because people like yourself may not vote for him otherwise). i'm sorry if my thoughts on your post were wrong, but i'm really sick of people bringing 'race' (no longer an accepted anthropological term) into the discussion (as you may not have, but, i may have misread the word 'cast' in the context of compairing how the candidates look). why can't it be enough barrack is a murderer and a con artist that he will lose, and not that he isn't white and doesn't sound black.

can you please quote me where i mentioned anything to do with skin colour, by cast its pretty self evident in the post where only a few world before i mentioned "actor" cast is cast as in hollywood type casting not skin colour, and i never mentioned anything about urban, as a matter of fact i said obama had a powerful voice, there was nothing about race or creed or urban etc etc, now your on about con artists and murder gees man settle down.

its funny how your sick of bringing race into the discussion when your the one that brought it in.

jabez you live in a dreamworld brother, i may be a self proclaimed dumbass in reply to being called a dumbass by being mistakenly misquoted as condoning legal drugs by the leader of this site when in fact i never said such a thing but your conspiricy theorist ways are starting to get a bit worn out and tired and you should probably stick to what you know best, which is a mystery to me?

i think its funny how people get so worked up over politics when they know the least about it, this is how wars start jabez...from people like you who like to inflame other people opinions. did i say anything in my post that was directed at anybody else but anything else as my own personal comment, i expect critisism but i dont expect insults...work on your manners brother.

Settle down Santiago, I was just screwing around with ya.

Though, I find it ironic that you accuse me of being ignorant of the truth when you praised Romney as some saviour of the world, yet don’t give one logical example as to why Romney would make such a perfect president. Except for his appearance, which came across as a little racist btw.

For the record though, Romney has implied he would invade Iran given the chance. I would be interested to know what one of my opinions of mine you consider a conspiracy theory?

Edited by jabez
  • Like 1