The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigred

Dam You Possom and Bush Turkey

i have tried to get along I have left food out for you every night but you dont eat the fresh fruit or seeds but feast on my prized plants i think we need to come to a agreement or its going to end badly you might have to be relocated

Heh don't do what idid to keep the cats and animals out. I got a dog who now digs holes twice as big as the cats. At least he doesn't shit in them though. Nothing worse than brushing the dirt out smoothe only to run your hands through cat shit. I wonder if they would be large enough to set a sensor light off? something along those lines could be enough to scare them away.

I didn't know we had a member called 'possum' :scratchhead: .

:)

Hey Bigred,

Possum can be tricky little things, I relocate snakes & possums on the goldy, but haven't relocated a possum in years for the simple reason, I can only remove them for roofs not the back yard tree & once I have trapped the possum it has to be relocated no more than 50m away for were I caught it,

These are the laws in place for possum removal.

There are company's in Australia now that make devices to keep possums out of your garden, electrical devices , lights, scents etc......

Good luck deterring your new friend, if you have any questions fill free to let me know.

Cheer

jox

Lol I though you where talking about forum members at first haha

I got a nice possum trap from ebay that works a treat. But while I was away a possum chewed the bark off the entire trunk of our 5yo grafted mango tree. It has been ring barked for the first meter off the ground and will certainly die. It must have been hungry waiting for the fresh buds of spring to appear.

Bush turkeys taste alright but possums are the go for sure, especially younger ones. The cuter the better lol.

He struck again but he ate a heap poppy seedlings ahhhh :uzi: i just want to fill him full of lead lol ,i got a awesome little greenhouse from bunnings so a lot was saved. I am going to have to trap him and take him for a drive but i dont want to take him from his natural habitat he has more right to be here than me .

someones roof in suburbia is not his natural habitat.

(FU%K that he was her first, he has more right to be here than you................................. na just kidding.)

A balance has to be found with people & our native wildlife in sububia, Its always good to try a friendly salutation for the both of you. I will say be careful what you wright about, as trapping, or killing native wildlife can cost you about $12,000 & time in jail. There are plenty of deterrents around, it cost a little bit to set up but your problem will be gone. If you relocate the possum into the bush somewhere else he will most likely be kill by another possum & a new possum will move in to your place.

Good luck.

Possums are mean motherf@#kers. I was having a quiet drink and smoke with someone in a place where he had been watching a ring-tail possum bring up her three little babies in the roof, and along came a nasty brush-tail who chased the mother away and proceeded to knock the three babies off the beam, one by one. They didn't make the fall.

Suffice to say, the night was over, and it was a timely reminder that set and setting is so important on any psycho-active substance, as the emotional hit was really nasty. I would strongly recommend getting a trap and moving the fella well away from your property, but they are quite territorial so expect it to come straight back - it won't be wanting to take on another possum in it's own territory, so keep that trap handy til it all goes quiet again.

I am not sure if there are foxes in AU, but in the USA we can get fox urine at some garden stores which is a nice deterrent for small creatures.

Plenty of foxes in Australia

Plenty of foxes in Australia

especially at the beach on the gold coast

hell you can buy my piss after a big night, that will scare the jesus out of most things, might even take paint off. lol

Be glad you don't get these bastards, they REALLY make a mess of the garden.

post-8867-0-17387300-1348980144_thumb.jp

turkeys f.jpg

turkeys f.jpg