Sign in to follow this  
tripsis

Done.

Done

Edited by tripsis

Its possible to buy one from amazon.com brand new and delivered for $515.30

Maybe you bought one when the Australian dollar was weaker :(

Edited by BentoSpawn

That model is huge ! Is this able to get up to temp on a domestic stovetop, or do you need a gas burner?

Even the mid size models need to go on a gas burner or a rocket stove so that monster is definitely needs a flame

• Like 1

oh hell. Im getting a 921 next week, I guess I had better go and buy a burner and a bottle. Is a standard regulator OK, or would a HP reg be better?

oh hell. Im getting a 921 next week, I guess I had better go and buy a burner and a bottle. Is a standard regulator OK, or would a HP reg be better?

I have the All American 921. It works on normal gas stoves and even electric stoves. I'm talking about the electric stoves that have the flat surfaced burners, not those shitty coil ones.

I kinda know your pain, Tripsis. When I bought my 921 Amazon was only sending smaller things to Australia such as books, DVDs etc. I had to get mine delivered to a friend in the U.S. and then get it forwarded to me. This was when the Aussie dollar was a lot lower too so not only was the cooker a lot more expensive to buy the shipping on it to Australia was fucking expensive. Big businesses can get big discounts on shipping because of the economy of scale. Competition between shipping services to get the business would also help them out too.

Really? That's balls.

Yeah sorry to be the one to break the bad news to you, can definite see why you might have thought $550 would have been a reasonable starting price considering what you payed originally.

Your pc is totally badass btw :P

You could cook a small child in a 941.

I like babies.....

Well done with a bit of bbq sauce

What's the best way to get a pressure cooked baby out of an AA941?

With a fork!

If they are chewy then your obviously not cooking it at high enough pressure for long enough :P The meat should fall right off the bone !

Edited by BentoSpawn

If you're a real connaisseur of babies then you'll always remember to shake them first, just like a British nanny.

• Like 2

What's this about needing a gas burner?

I can't speak for All American pressuer cookers -- but in my old house, I used my 23qt Presto on a shitty old stovetop -- the kind with electric coils

And yes, for babies -- shaken, not stirred.

Edited by SYNeR

Indeed, My dear Mister Bond.

I was talking about high volume vessels concerning an unrelated project not 1/2 an hour ago with neighbour, and I mentioned the AA921 (because i'm, like, sooooo excited) and he made the startlingly obvious comment that while the capacity my be 20+ litres, the volume of water is going to be far less, being that it's working on autoclaving principles to steam sterilise. So for what Im guessing would be less than 5L of liquid, I don't see how this would be an issue on any standard stovetop, even my shitty coil stove.

Thank sweet Allah for my laziness that I didn't get a chance to go to BCF today, as I was planning to purchase a 3-ring burner and a HP regulator. Looks like I saved myself some coin.

What's the difference between a baby and a Mars bar?

About 500 calories.

• Like 1

When i tried putting my 925 full of spawn bags on an electric stove it really struggled to maintain temps and kinda buckled the support brackets that hold the heating coil on SWMBO's stove, we were due for a new stove anyways.

You dont need a HP reg just a standard single burner will do but i have found that cutting down a metal drum to form a wind shield around the PC helps hold in the heat around the sides & reduces the amount of gas you use even when running it inside.

The pressure cookers dont need much heat at all to keep it at a point where the steam is just "dribbling" out of the release valve. If your going over this point then all that steam that you can see escaping the pressure cooker you can assume part of that is coming right out of your substrate, do dont crank the heat thinking more is better because it isn't.

Id say a coil stovetop could do the job.. however getting the precise temp dialed in on an electric stove to keep the steam just dribbling out is way more of a pain in the ass than with gas.

Edit:Looks like Shortly has a good reason not to use electric stove pressure cookers !

Whats got 2 arms and 1 legs ?

A baby that didn't fit in my pressure cooker.

Edited by BentoSpawn

I use the electric stove with my 10L PC no problem, I'm just not allowed to bring the AA anywhere near the kitchen ever again.

Plus ive found i can get it up to temp in half the time with the wind shield around it & i dont know that i want to be balancing a rusty old chunk of oil drum on the new stove, might not go down too well with the boss.

If it doesn't fit you obviously need to talk to Tripsis about his monster PC

The thing I hate about electric stoves is that it's harder to get the temperature right. I hate them for cooking food too since you don't get instant heat and if it's too hot then the plate won't cool instantly.

• Like 1

I think were at a consensus here... babies are better cooked on gas

Take the shit talking to another thread and another sub-forum please guys.

• Like 1