The Corroboree
Bread Filter

Catching a Thief - drumthumper001

I was forced to listen to Bum City Thumpers on youtube because of this, and am now deeply scarred. Can I please have $100 also?

• Like 7

Shoes are easier to source at gigs as I like to remove them from crowd surfers. It teaches them not to get up there again. If they do then I take their socks.

classic! :lol:

• Like 3

Bum City Thrashers seem to be a decent bunch of guys and have done the right thing here.

I think we should definitely give them the benefit of the doubt until this is sorted.

I am hoping that my Loph that is meant to arrive today is beautiful enough for me to just forget the whole ordeal and drumthumper001 can keep his money.

• Like 1

I fail to see why the band should suffer bad reviews, items thrown on stage or industry blacklisting simply because of one member who has deceived you in a transaction entirely unrelated to the group. The rest of the band have absolutely no obligation to assist you, and by hanging threats over them (or even plotting to do so) is poor form. It's none of their business, nor their responsibility.

How silly of us to think that business associates or memebrs of a group have no responsibility for the actions of one of their members. So you don't boycott a radiostation because of one offensive shockjock? You think it's Ok to vote for politicians who hang out with convicted corrupt business people? And you think it's OK to support a band that has an outspoken nazi leadsinger? How is a thieving toerag as a band member any different? Poeple are judged by their deeds and by who they surround themselves with. "Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are..."

The band has plenty of options. They can distance themselves from him or they can pitch in to fix the situation. Or they can at least put pressure on, which is obviously what happened here. Good on them! Credit where credit is due.

Breadfilter, not sure if the charge back will work. Even for Visa it is very difficult to get it after 90 days. They always make you fill in the paperwork, but they never actually pay. Some cards or providers go to 6 months, but that is rare.

How silly of us to think that business associates or memebrs of a group have no responsibility for the actions of one of their members. So you don't boycott a radiostation because of one offensive shockjock? You think it's Ok to vote for politicians who hang out with convicted corrupt business people? And you think it's OK to support a band that has an outspoken nazi leadsinger? How is a thieving toerag as a band member any different? Poeple are judged by their deeds and by who they surround themselves with. "Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are..."

The band has plenty of options. They can distance themselves from him or they can pitch in to fix the situation. Or they can at least put pressure on, which is obviously what happened here. Good on them! Credit where credit is due.

Breadfilter, not sure if the charge back will work. Even for Visa it is very difficult to get it after 90 days. They always make you fill in the paperwork, but they never actually pay. Some cards or providers go to 6 months, but that is rare.

Thanks for that T. I didn't think I'd have a chance either but the guy from the bank sounded quite confident. The paper work for me to sign is in the mail.

I hope it is just resolved tomorrow if the Loph arrives and I can put this all to bed.

Nice. I'll give you $50 for it. :)

Are you serious? I thought it was fair for the $200 and was going to leave it until I read that.

it looks in reasonable condition, at least its not fucked. You were willing to pay him 200 for it probably a bit steep but you agreed so I'd call it square.

• Like 1

it looks in reasonable condition, at least its not fucked. You were willing to pay him 200 for it probably a bit steep but you agreed so I'd call it square.

I always was planning to do that. Where did I say otherwise?

I am just gobsmacked that Psylo thinks it is worth $50.

I think Psylos just pulling your leg mate :)

• Like 3

Hi Bread Filter, that's just me being Psylo. Glad it worked out for you, and you got a nice specimen for your collection.

Nice pups, nice roots. When she's all happily growing again you will be glad you persevered.

Good work