The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Bigred

spores and live culturs of psilocybe mushrooms

was wanting to get some rock solid advice on prints and cultures so i can post it in the mycology section all help would be much appreciated anything from possesion to importing and state to state would be a great help

cheers bigred

As far as i'm aware it is illegal to posses any part of Psilocybe mushrooms including cultures of any kind in all aussie states & territories, it is certainly the case in Qld.

The only exception is spores "For microscopy only" since they are an important taxonomic tool.

Importing will attract an importation of drugz charge if that was what you were asking.

• Like 1

wat he said ^^^

everything is illegal but spore prints

wich may even be illegal in some states but im not aware of it

Just to add some drama to the mix, I've heard that it's illegal to take spore prints since you have to 'process' the mushroom in order to take one so keep that in mind.

Edit: but yes the spore prints are legal as far as I can tell.

Edited by Shamanistic

thanks will need to look more into it i know that for microscopy it is legal to study them will need to get a look at the criminal code wondered if you rang up th pigs would they help

Its legal to own prints - edit: prints are illegal in the ACT, and could possibly be ilegal in some in other states too.

Its legal to send prints in the mail from Aus to Aus - for microscopy purposes only. edit: Except to and from states where prints are ilegal.

It is illegal to import prints from overseas.

It is ilegal to own live culture (as it contains illegal drugs).

It is illegal to send live culture in the mail.

No idea about the legalities of taking spores from nature - but its probably best to err on the side of caution there.

Demz the laws, dun break em !

Edited by BentoSpawn

This all sounds like opinions.

Where is the legislation ?

• Like 1

thanks shorty im working on a list of legisation and hard facts to post in a thread in mycology if anyone is not %100 sure please dont post about it i dont want ANYONE getting in trouble i am seeing a foaf over the weekend and he works for customs so will update my results

all shroom legislation has been posted here before, so if anyone wants to argue the above points just look it up.

bentospawn has summed it up pretty well, although I'd be cautious about spores being legal in all states. In the ACT for example they are illegal because all parts of the species are illegal [regardless of drug content]. There may be other states where this applies too.

asking employees of various authorities is not the best way to get reliable information. eg, got into 3 arguments with the cops that were raiding me the other day cos he didn't know the applicable law. Had a big issues with customs earlier this year because they misunderstood CITES. And have arguments with quarantine pretty much every month because they don't know their own legislation.

• Like 2

thanks torsten could you pin a thread in mycology on basic rules and conduct so we all know where we stand and dont step over the line

this is up to the mycology mods.

how do i find out who is the mod for mycology

^^^go to the main page & click on "The Moderating Team" down in the bottom right hand corner... :wink:

thanks bro :wink:

• Like 1