The Corroboree
Bread Filter

Shrivelled Lophs

over a matter of several hundred dollars, i would be busting balls if that is what i received in a trade BF. Seriously... that is one very very rough deal ! quite shamefull really !

Maybe if you could brush off the dirt so they are more visible and then show us a more detailed close up of at least one we could help more.

P.S ( this guy really told you to use fine sand as well ? :unsure: )

Yeah. I followed the instructions to the letter.

I'll get a better photo later tonight when I get off the ice. Unless I lose some teeth of course :) Tough game tonight, playing the angry old guys.

Be carefull BF, lol sounds brutal.

Thinking back, I had a similar encounter with someone that sent me a heap of loph pups, which were claimed to be plain LW and were simply very average caespitosa pups, that had obviously been cut off moments before being roughly chucked in a box and sent on over.

I lost a lot to rot as they were not calloused too.... i wonder if it was the same bloke :scratchhead: :scratchhead: I would almost put money on it actually ! .

I suppose that is what the trade thread is for BF. Its a good way to warn others off inferior and predatory trading !

• Like 2

Hey BF,

Looks to me you got the raw end of a bad deal mate & to think some members didn't take the time to say thanks for redistributing those A pleb seeds last month.

I have only had good & positive experiences here & love being a member, but for members to take advantage of other members is wrong!

Maybe theses ungrateful members should be named?

Anyway, I have a bit of spare cacti seed here at the moment (a lot of different species & variety's), If you are interested in growing from seed, please let me know & I will be happy to help you out.

Regards

jox

• Like 1

Mmmm

I don't know, a few years ago I'd have been busting balls like Tipz said, but these days I prefer diplomacy first.

If that fails then I bust balls.

Hope you can sort it out mate, I don't think you got your moneys worth.

Hey BF as long as they arent subjected to so much water they rot, they will rehydrate when they sprout little roots. And that will take a little time, so relax.

Unless they are rotting or suffering frm a fungal infection, the only way they will die is if you overwater them!

I would nt reccomend a humidity chamber - at all!

If anything I would move them into trays of cacti & succulent mix, find a warm, safe spot with indirect light and give them a very light spray about every 4 days.

Seriously. They will be fine. They just need some time to grow their own roots.

Conflicting information, I knw, but I remember rooting the tiniest little buttons (smaller than peas!) frm my partner's 1st loph and they shrunk alot.

Just sit back and give them a chance.

In the mean time, at least let this extremely rude seller know you are less than happy with your purchase.

They would have known they were being rude, just pushing it to see what they cud get away with.

Please help them to recognise what a shit-cunt they have been.

• Like 2

:lol: busting balls is my my of saying to very sternly and strongly pursue a refund or replacement or some kind of settlement ( diplomatically )

Not literally bust his balls... I am very anti-violence sallyD

If "xx" does not come to a worthy agreement on this one BF I will also send you a couple of very choice pups, large and well calloused and free of charge. I hate seeing people get ripped off !!! even more so when they are too kind to kick up a fuss about it too.

( did this happen to be the trade that you waited 3-4 months for after paying BF ? if it is and then this is what you got.... im almost tempted to drop his name... but i suppose etiquette states that it is not my place to do so... but you really should )

Edited by tipz
  • Like 5

These don't look dehydrated. they look dead. I am not the greatest Loph grower, but I don't ever propagate them in winter as they are dormant and hate to be messed with. And we are not even that cold up here. Then again, if I am not mistaken you actually did order them in summer, but the slack trader hadn't bothered sending them for months.

So how long ago did you receive them? what did they look like when you got them?

have you detailed this situation in the reputation thread?

• Like 1

It seems to me that etiquette has clearly been ignored by the seller.

Dnt just let it slide BF, who ever it was should feel deeply ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1

Wat the fuck dude hate to jump on the band wagon but you got ripped the fuck off you could have bought a couple of packs of seed for 40 bucks or somethin and grown 4 times the amount to that size In a pretty short time

Thats just a straight up ripoff

put it this way I recently spent just under 400 dollars on lophs and I probably couldn't tell you how many there was

somewhere around 30 lophs grafted to Perez most of witch are probly slightly smaller than a tennis ball

a heat mat worth 2-300 bucks

I think it's a 250 wat large light with ballast

a smaller flouro light setup

and around 40 - 50 lophs all seed grown 3-4mm

aswell as a seed grown loph about the size of a 50 cent piece probly slighty larger

Aswell as a couple of other things

So much I can't even remember even got a timer for the lights to

To put it bluntly you got screwed big time mate

Hey c'mon there's no need to round up a posse just yet.

Clearly I missed something that has happened several months back with trade agreement and delivery. Now a bit more light has been shed on the subject is does seem a bit shady, but let's give them time to negotiate.

The ball is in BF's court now.

maybe there was salt in the sand??? might help to use washed river sand next time

maybe there was salt in the sand??? might help to use washed river sand next time

I was thinking the same thing. Secondly, white sand is full of light and the plant won't know where to send it's roots (if they even are somehow still alive). Secondly, there's not enough energy in those little guys to make big roots, so if they do root, then you'll have to transplant them very quickly.

I think they are dead though, as they have turned black. I can't think of any plants that come back after turning black.

• Like 1

respond to whoever the seller is,if the buttons didnt arrive in good nick expecially when its a decent amount.. How where they, when they first arrived BF?

They are now in coarse washed river sand. Massive props to everyone for the help.

copyofshrivel4.jpg

Again this is a rescue mission guys not a character assassination. I don't like to start trouble.

• Like 1

Hey BF,

Looks to me you got the raw end of a bad deal mate & to think some members didn't take the time to say thanks for redistributing those A pleb seeds last month.

I have only had good & positive experiences here & love being a member, but for members to take advantage of other members is wrong!

Maybe theses ungrateful members should be named?

Anyway, I have a bit of spare cacti seed here at the moment (a lot of different species & variety's), If you are interested in growing from seed, please let me know & I will be happy to help you out.

Regards

jox

Thanks heaps for the very kind offer jox. I am not that good with Cactus seeds so will have to pass.

:lol: busting balls is my my of saying to very sternly and strongly pursue a refund or replacement or some kind of settlement ( diplomatically )

Not literally bust his balls... I am very anti-violence sallyD

If "xx" does not come to a worthy agreement on this one BF I will also send you a couple of very choice pups, large and well calloused and free of charge. I hate seeing people get ripped off !!! even more so when they are too kind to kick up a fuss about it too.

( did this happen to be the trade that you waited 3-4 months for after paying BF ? if it is and then this is what you got.... im almost tempted to drop his name... but i suppose etiquette states that it is not my place to do so... but you really should )

Thanks for the offer Tipz but I am more than happy to pay for them.

Yeah that was the sale. It wasn't much fun.

These don't look dehydrated. they look dead. I am not the greatest Loph grower, but I don't ever propagate them in winter as they are dormant and hate to be messed with. And we are not even that cold up here. Then again, if I am not mistaken you actually did order them in summer, but the slack trader hadn't bothered sending them for months.

So how long ago did you receive them? what did they look like when you got them?

have you detailed this situation in the reputation thread?

Yeah. That's the case.

I really hope they are not dead but you'd be the one for me to believe T.

They arrived on the 15th of June. They looked nice and plump when I received them. I really don't feel comfortable with leaving people bad feedback as I don't want to start anything. Plus I am still hoping to buy from the seller in future as well.

Wat the fuck dude hate to jump on the band wagon but you got ripped the fuck off you could have bought a couple of packs of seed for 40 bucks or somethin and grown 4 times the amount to that size In a pretty short time

Thats just a straight up ripoff

put it this way I recently spent just under 400 dollars on lophs and I probably couldn't tell you how many there was

somewhere around 30 lophs grafted to Perez most of witch are probly slightly smaller than a tennis ball

a heat mat worth 2-300 bucks

I think it's a 250 wat large light with ballast

a smaller flouro light setup

and around 40 - 50 lophs all seed grown 3-4mm

aswell as a seed grown loph about the size of a 50 cent piece probly slighty larger

Aswell as a couple of other things

So much I can't even remember even got a timer for the lights to

To put it bluntly you got screwed big time mate

Wow you did well. I dream of purchases like that.

Sorry for all the replies in separate posts guys, I haven't got the hang of multi quoting yet.

Ive recently lost a 50c coin sized loph to the rot, looked exactly like yours and had a peanut butter smell after poking it with my finger. Ive got barely any experience with grafting/degrafts so I cant comment on that, apart from my opinion that they may have been too small to try and root.

Good luck with them, let us know if they get any better!

Edited by klip247

If they were plump on arrival then you can't complain other than about the timing. Mind you, if someone sent me summer cuttings in winter then to my mind they might as well have sent dead cuttings. But I don't know how you folks in Vic propagate lophs and winter might be a fine time for you. I am surprised though that you waited till they were ALL dead before seeking help here. You also have no climate information in your profile, so I won't bother offering any help.

I am more disturbed by the fact that PD had no respect for the efforts made by mods and myself to finally make this trade happen after months of delays, promises and lies. Quite the contrary, the way PD described the forum members [ie his customers] left no doubt that he had no respect for anyone here. I do not feel comfortable about anyone trading with him again because he has made it clear with his words and actions that he does not care about anyone here. This has all the makings of becoming the next grand rip off. I will also state right now that I will make no effort to recover any losses for anyone who was aware of this situation. So if you think you want to put yourself into that situation again, please don't involve the mods when it goes wrong.

• Like 1

If they were plump on arrival then you can't complain other than about the timing. Mind you, if someone sent me summer cuttings in winter then to my mind they might as well have sent dead cuttings. But I don't know how you folks in Vic propagate lophs and winter might be a fine time for you. I am surprised though that you waited till they were ALL dead before seeking help here. You also have no climate information in your profile, so I won't bother offering any help.

I am more disturbed by the fact that PD had no respect for the efforts made by mods and myself to finally make this trade happen after months of delays, promises and lies. Quite the contrary, the way PD described the forum members [ie his customers] left no doubt that he had no respect for anyone here. I do not feel comfortable about anyone trading with him again because he has made it clear with his words and actions that he does not care about anyone here. This has all the makings of becoming the next grand rip off. I will also state right now that I will make no effort to recover any losses for anyone who was aware of this situation. So if you think you want to put yourself into that situation again, please don't involve the mods when it goes wrong.

I wasn't complaining I was just trying to get some idea whether they were rescue-able or not. I have had a lot on my mind lately and have only just started getting back into gardening. I thought they were done for a while ago but just had the idea today to ask for help here.

I am in the A.C.T. but the Lophs are at a mates place just over the NSW border. So climate is cold in winter hot in summer. I have updated my profile.

I have since been in contact with Tipz and will do my business with him in future so that there is some protection.

I am really sorry if I have pissed you off in any way Torsten. This is not my intent whatsoever.

Also the location was there, although cryptic. It was listed as "meeting place" which is Aboriginal for Canberra.

I thought this was OK as it had been like that for years.

BF I have just been looking through the thread thats very unfortunate. did you have them in a light box or something or with a lid on the container? I'd say lack of humidity due to there size probably knocked them off. As a few have mentioned winter is not the best time, but as our dutch masters have proven climate can always be controlled. I hate to say it but those are well dead.

BF I have just been looking through the thread thats very unfortunate. did you have them in a light box or something or with a lid on the container? I'd say lack of humidity due to there size probably knocked them off. As a few have mentioned winter is not the best time, but as our dutch masters have proven climate can always be controlled. I hate to say it but those are well dead.

No. I wasn't instructed to do that. They were just in the take away container.

I'm not a loph expert thats for sure, but I reckon thats were its gone wrong.