The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

Saving youtube clips

What gives, they seem to have blocked all the online converters form doing their job. Is there any way around this?

keepvid seems to be working

Depending on your browser , you could hunt down and add on/plugin to do the job.

I find jDownloader spot on for YouTube clips, as well as files hosted on just about all file hosting sites, even those with pesky wait timers and download limits!

IDM (internet download manager) is good too...

Use a plugin. The standalone progs have never done all i needed.

Flashgot addon doesn't seem to be detecting anything, which is probably what OP was talking about.. eatfoo, can you confirm the plugins you are using are working on youtube?

jdownloader is great, grabs every version when you copy the link so you can choose mp4/flv, 720p/1080p etc, and is also very useful for downloading files from cyberlockers.

I normally use keepvid these days, and it's working fine at the moment. StreamTransport is another one I use sometimes. It only works a fraction of the time, but sometimes works on sites that aren't supported by keepvid, so it's sometimes useful for grabbing a vid off more obscure sites.

• Like 1

I use Ultimate Youtube Downloader extension for Chrome and find it pretty good. It adds a 'Download' button near all the standard Youtube buttons for selecting from the different formats (resolutions) available for the current video. It also automatically skips any Youtube ads.

I'm sure I had an equivalent extension for Firefox, when I used that browser.

I love jdownloader, discovered it 4 years ago and havnt looked back, not just for YouTube but for anything that is hosted online. It's the bomb :) highly recommend.

http://jdownloader.org/

real player video downloader works .. sometimes

i installed downloadhelper (firefox extension) the other day, works well and you can convert it on the fly to a number of different formats when you download.

I had this problem...it turned out to be that my version of java was outdated. Plugins/Addons are always a possible culprit as well. I run Chrome, not sure about you...but I always steer clear of addons and "download managers" whenever I can. Call me paranoid but IME you're often getting shit like adware or those annoying "buy me/activate me" lockout things.

I used Internet Download Manager last time i downloaded a clip,but that was a few months ago,so not sure if it still works.