The Corroboree
RyanVolle

MythBuster-Buster: "Plants can't feel" they say

I've heard that plants can't feel anything so how do they:

-know where to climb (for vines)?

-respond to voices?

just curious

FILL THIS WITH POSTS OwO

Thigmotropism is a plant response to touch, such as vine tendrils wrapping around things. But it is till in the aim of support to chase light. Plants are more sensitive than humans to touch..

Response to sound no idea, but have seen some response to music that have amazed me.

OwO

I understand what you and WB are saying but WTF does ^^^^that mean?? """""OwO"""""?

• Like 2

I understand what you and WB are saying but WTF does ^^^^that mean?? """""OwO"""""?

lol... no idea in words xD

oh wow?

• Like 1

If in doubt, Urban Dictionary!

It's either an surprised emoticon with the O's being eyes or it refers to oral sex without a condom.

• Like 3

For an example of plants reacting with touch etc you should check out Desmodium gyrans. It's awesome, the young shoots move to the sound of music! B)

Edit: Changed video.

Edited by ErraneousHerbalist
  • Like 4

If in doubt, Urban Dictionary!

It's either an surprised emoticon with the O's being eyes or it refers to oral sex without a condom.

._.

I can't remember where I saw it, I think it was Emotos video on water memory... but check out the response plants have to someone playing a sitar.

The sitar is usually tuned to C#...which happens to be the same pitching as the insects when they are going off.

I remember my science teacher telling me that when an animal is injured it will moan in the key of C.

We talked about it & wondered whether this was an attempt on the animals behalf to re-tune itself when its pitching is not right...like a correction that the captain of a ship would make to get back on course. I think in the video they were saying that the plant can lean up to 5deg in the direction of the instrument.

Sorry I have no links....

I've heard that plants can't feel anything

I've also heard that pigs cant fly, but I've seen the flying pigs with my own eyes, at the Royal Adelaide Show. :wink:

• Like 2

I've also heard that pigs cant fly, but I've seen the flying pigs with my own eyes, at the Royal Adelaide Show. :wink:

Classic... :lol:

Check out a plant physiology textbook.

pretty much everything happens through plant hormones and feedback responses.

You can find old textbooks at second hand stores or ebay etc. My plant phys texts are probably the most interesting books I own.

go read "The Secret Life of Plants" by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird.

go read "The Secret Life of Plants" by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird.

I second that whole-heartedly

THats awsome WaterBoy.. They will take over the Earth along with the Illuminati

^ shhhh! that's the BIG secret....plants are the Illuminati!

• Like 2

^^^I knew there was something about that whole illuminati thing...u don't know who they are, u never see them or here them.

They're obviously plants, flying under the radar, using their alternative communications...aha vewy twicky, as Mr. Fudd would say. :huh:

• Like 2

I shouldn't have said anything.. If you don't hear from me you guy's know why.

• Like 1

^^^I knew there was something about that whole illuminati thing...u don't know who they are, u never see them or here them.

They're obviously plants, flying under the radar, using their alternative communications...aha vewy twicky, as Mr. Fudd would say. :huh:

hinky...

plants are amazing

maybe windblown seeds for some species leave the atmosphere and wonder off into space and get caught in gravity of another planets so colonise other planets, the universe

• Like 2

plants feel and communicate and trip

they know when we have bad intent

all creatures know there is music in harmony with the Creation and music against Creation

listen to some in harmony music

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Peaceful_Music

save this one for meditation

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/w/images/7/75/Native_Japanese_and_Meditation_Music_-_Shakuhachi_%28Japanese_Flute%29.mp3

i bet there are triping/loving acacias on many moons on many planets

when we harvest be grateful, say thank you and whisper sweet things to the plant/animal, never kill in a depraved way

to save the flute music its on this page

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/File:Native_Japanese_and_Meditation_Music_-_Shakuhachi_(Japanese_Flute).mp3

• Like 1

i dunno about plants colonising space, there are better candidates, like fungus, or these things

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

i don't think anything other than light gases are able to casually escape earth's gravity. for something like a spore to escape would require a high energy event, like a cataclysmic volcano eruption or meteorite. then a propogule has to survive the journey and impact, remaining viable. i think it's totally feasible, but maybe not in the case of plants.

• Like 2