The Corroboree
mud

Do u blog, facebook or tweet?

Do u facebook, blog or tweet  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And if so, do you use the medium for personal artistic expression

commercial reasons

or for social networking?

I probably can't create a poll for shit, and intend to adjust it as i care (can) to

but yeh, im just lookn for (thought'd be interesting) a lil snapshot of y'alls idea's

on how you 'share' and why.

Edited by mud

Wouldn't it be a more appropriate indicator of this community if you included 'none of the above' as an option ?

• Like 2

No I don't use any. But I think I'm the exception rather than the rule, I must be the only person at work who doesn't use Facebook :blink:

However, I have always had this vision to one day combine Youtube, Twitter and Facebook into one super-website. I'd call it YouTwitFace.

• Like 5

I have an obnoxious facebook account where I post abstract information and complain about social situations without offering any way to fix them.

• Like 2

I have an obnoxious facebook account where I post abstract information and complain about social situations without offering any way to fix them.

Are you every facebook user ever?!

welcome to the world of facebook, where you are free to stalk people you dont know and have never met, and have complete access to view images like this...

312858_264716760233199_100000846307396_745678_626042974_n.jpg

(mother & daughter)

what a wonderful world

• Like 3

mum was never the same after cocky bit her finger

• Like 1

Wrong thread!

Edited by chilli

I use all of them for all of those reasons, they're pretty much necessary for business' these days (I'm a photographer). Though twitter I haven't really used, I do have an account but I don't really do anything with it.

Chnt and I are always laughing at the douchebags we have on our facebook... I never really post anything personal, but I do post photos - except rarely of myself.

However, I have always had this vision to one day combine Youtube, Twitter and Facebook into one super-website. I'd call it YouTwitFace.

That's so funny, Chnt and I were just hearing last night about a new business venture a friend of ours is working on - part of which actually does that. It's like a social media platform thingy specifically for businesses. It even does shit like has "timed updates" for all of these sites, so you keep an active presence on them even if you're away on a business trip and shit. Pretty crazy. It could potentially make him extremely financially successful.

and finally the day will come when i will cash in the "owe you one" that he owes me

then i will take over the world.

is it wrong to view friends as assets?

is it wrong to want to cut up your friends and eat them?

• Like 1

so one of my facebook "friends" posted a status update and things kind of got out of hand, please consider having a read.

Miranda

I wanted to buy this nutrition book but I saw the cover and the type face is papyrus. I will not buy anything that's printed in papyrus or comic sans. Ever. I just can't take it seriously. Kind of like alternative medicine.

Jordan

Think again.

Miranda ‎^

it hurts. Nintendo may be an exception!

Jordan

No way, this clearly proves how Comic Sans or any type can be used as a logo and still have the same impact.

Miranda

An established logo perhaps, but not a book or anything that conveys "serious" information.....

Jordan

Good point. Or subtitles in a billion dollar movie.

Lucy

Pffft alternative medicine, far better than the comic relief offered by gp's , just in case antibiotics for common colds trained to sell legal drugs not treat people, cholesterol tablets that stop hormones functioning, comments like that s...uck! Health of people will be best served when people drop the stigma and adhere to both sides of the fence. And I never judge a book by its cover, the cover designer is near never the person who wrote it, so gives no indication of writer or material inside cover. That's my word

Jordan

If you have comic sans on a cover, chances are it was the writer who designed it haha

Lucy

My point about alternative medicine still stands I don't give a flying f**k about text covers as long as I can read it, clear communication, honesty and the earth are my priority

Jordan

No wayyy, good design way overshadows content. Just look at all those Apple products on the market.

Miranda

I agree with you that prescription medication and antibiotics for things that can definitely be improved/aided naturally is just ridiculous. You can't take pills and expect them to help if you don't look after your mind and body. There ar...e some exceptions though and I believe that modern medicine is definitely beneficial in a lot of cases as nature can aid but not always cure (in my opinion). I think I trust in nature to help me prevent/lower my risk of contracting illnesses/diseases but as I said, I don't think natural remedies can cure.See more

Lucy

Maybe for the masses, but I know plenty of people who like the info or product not the color it is, I do know what ur saying though, it's hard to deny when marketing uses our senses against us to take our $$$$$ it's the name of the game an I dont play it!

Jordan

Guess I'll just quit my job then hahaha

Lucy

The cure is prevention - and blanket statements like that first stated don't help ur industry or mine. Be way less people in hospitals if not for people believing in magickal cures. And the worlds over populated, and fear of death is marketed , I'm way out there but you cant choose what ur own experience has presented to u
:)
I value what ur saying though Miranda

Fairy

I fucking loathe papyrus.

Chnt

natural medicine can and does cure many things that western pharma cant do shit for, you'd be surprised. the whole basis of western medicine is to treat symptoms, not to cure. there's no cure for stupidity, oh wait, there's a natural medici...ne for that too... addicted to alcohol or heroin? why not try some ibogaine, not only will it lessen the severity of withdrawal symptoms, but there's a high probability that your addiction will be gone after using it only ONCE. tell me what western medicine can do for addiction? tell me what western medicine can do for mental illness like depression and anxiety? anti-depressants are basically useless apart from the placebo effect, but if you want to gain some weight then go ahead and take them, anxiolytic drugs are addictive and have a high potential for abuse (plus they only treat a symptom and never cure, and they commonly cause more problems, which is also true of many other western drugs), the withdrawals are some of the worst, natural medicine has an extremely high success rate for things such as depression and anxiety, as well as many other things. multiple western drugs are based on natural medicine or are synthesised from plants. nature is one of the most complex things known to man, and actually most of it is virtually unknown... not trying to attack you, i'm just really passionate about this, nature is my friend, and western medicine has caused a huge number of problems

Emily

Not too sure about natural remedies. The concentration of chemicals is often too high for cellular machinery to cope with. Think about it- when's the last time a banana cured a cold? I think homeopathy works much better because it actually stimulates the cells to heal themselves, rather than just bombarding them with huge amounts of various chemical compounds.

Chnt

homeopathy is a type of natural medicine, your view of what natural medicine is seems to be somewhat limited.

Emily

It is a branch of it admittedly, but homeopathy takes out the "bad" chemicals. There are some very nasty chemicals that plants have evolved as a defence mechanism over time- you don't want to ingest that. There are things that God created that shouldn't be used medicinally by mankind. The rest is homeopathy

Chnt

"god" jesus fucking christ i'm sorry i said anything, did you know that there are an infinite number of possibilities when it comes to things we can speculate on, like the universe, the afterlife and many other things... the existence of "...God" or one religions definition of "God" is only 1 of an infinite number of possibilities, and relatively simple mathematics shows (with limits) that 1/infinity (1 being any theory, ie, christian belief in god, and infinity being the number of possibilities for what exists and what does not) approaches 0, 0%, ie, the existence of "God" is basically 100% incorrect, therefore it is ridiculous to hold such archaic beliefs, when really no one can ever know "the truth" getting back to the real world... what you're saying about "bad" chemicals is basically irrelevant to this discussion.

Fairy

Please read:

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.jpg

Alternative medicine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org

Alternative medicine is any healing practice "that does not fall within the real...m of conventional medicine."[1] It is based on historical or cultural traditions, rather than on scientific evidence.See more

Miranda

I think my vague and impulsive statement lacked an explanation of what I meant. Mental illnesses and issues such as addiction, insomnia, depression and anxiety can stem from so much and can often be heavily related to physical and emotiona...l imbalances, lifestyle factors etc. I agree, trying to treat such things with purely western medicine is not always beneficial and may be more harmful than good. Natural therapeutic alternatives can help to aid in one's restoration and control of personal balance. St John's wort, vitamins, herbal supplements, teas and plant based foods etc can help in some cases - I take vitamins daily, I strongly believe in the relationship between food and mood/body functioning. I guess my point is that it depends what the disease is. And also what you believe in and what you're taking. There are so many homeopathic remedies that I have seen in stores that claim to do all kinds of weird and wonderful things with the prifairy argument that they are natural and non-invasive to the body. The thing I hate about many of these products is that they probably haven't been tested, there is probably nothing that backs up the claims made. Obviously many of the ingredients won't be harmful, but they can also have a placebo effect. Can they really do much good? All these ridiculous products that claim to detoxify your liver or whatever, fair enough... probably don't do any harm but probably don't do much good either. I'm not really referring to these general and wide spread (mostly lifestyle) based diseases/illnesses. I'm talking about hard core stuff - like natropaths that think you can cure cancer with plant based extracts/supplements, or huge disorders through hands on healing. Natural medicine and homeopathy may aid the body in healing, but it can't always control the physiological processes that occur when a disease is present. You can't really fight bacteria off with natural medicine (as far as I know). You can't stop physiological dysfunctions entirely.

Emily

Beware of what the government recommends you take though. Remember thalidomide? If you look at the stats, one day it will turn out that something as innocent-sounding as vitamin B supplements will have some horrific effect because they were over-manunfactured and synthesised to the point where the body no longer recognised the original chemicals. Really, the only solution here is to... See more (troll link)

Fairy

I feel like people are missing what alternative or natural medicine actually is, it's not just products, vitamins/tablets blah blah... The term encompasses a really broad range of natural therapies that are significantly more complex than j...ust supplements and that sort of thing. Acupuncture, Chiro and those more physical therapies are also considered "alternative medicine", plus countless other things including types of psychological treatment.

Maybe one point that everyone can agree on is that neither western/conventional medicine or alternative/natural medicine is able to cure every single ailment/illness/dysfunction.

Chnt

‎"alternative medicine" is an extremely broad term encompassing much more than what has been talked about in this discussion, there is a plethora of information about all the different types of alternative medicine, what they can do, how they work, etc etc etc, forget everything you think about when it comes to what alternative medicine is, because that is only the tip of the iceberg.

· Emily

I understand that different people have different belief systems and what works for them may not work for other people. However, I can no longer avoid pointing out that there's an official name for alternative medicinces that have been *proven* to work. It's called medicine.

Chnt

what kind of redundant statement is that?

Fairy http://static.someec...322619fe546.png

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image003.gif

http://static.someec...322619fe546.png

static.someecards.com

Emily

You could say that about anything. For example "forget everything you think about when it comes to what alternative medicine is, because that is only the tip of the iceberg".... What kind of redundant statement is THAT?

Fairy

Miranda, I was using those 2 therapies as examples of the fact that alternative medicine isn't just the oral treatments you were listing. As I said, in reading the comments you and others wrote I felt that alternative medicine was being tal...ked about in a very limited sense. As I just said. I also said that neither alternative or conventional medicine is capable of curing everything. So I can repeat myself, or you can just argue pointlessly because it's fun.

Chnt

actually what i said is extremely relevant to this discussion but you seem to be way to ignorant to get that... and yes miranda, TCM & chrio can be included but still, when i said plethora i really meant it...

Miranda

Ok cool, so acupuncture and chiro can be included, it makes no difference? As I said, I'm talking about major physiological dysfunctions/ "hard core" conditions/diseases. Acupuncture/physio et et et may help with non-life threatening disea...ses and in the scheme of things yeah taking natural remedies for insomnia and depression is useful but I'm talking about heart attacks, hypertension, diabetes, sepsis, cancer, lactose intollerance, Irritable bowel syndrome/spastic colon etc to name a few. Tell me how natural medicine will treat these?

Fairy

Um what the fuck..

Fairy

Should I copy and paste my last 2 comments?

Emily

Goddamn it guys, I already trolled you. Say things other than "something something ignorant" and "see more". Please. I would actually genuinely like to be informed about this, and only got annoyed earlier because nothing concrete/convincing was actually said. So go. Educate me :)

Fairy

Just read the wiki page.

Miranda

Had some typos in the previous? Kind of stupid but you guys started this argument from a facebook update I wrote for lols about type faces?

Fairy

I think there was a discussion going on, and I contributed, and Chnt argued because he enjoys it and has strong opinions. Then you argued with my simple addition to the conversation that I felt that alternative medicine was being misrepresented, which severely pissed me off.

Miranda

Yeah Fairy, I know that you were giving me examples. I don't understand the scope of alternative medicine? Fair statement? I'd just rather look after myself, use what has been tested and trust in things that have been scientifically proven AND what works for me is all.

Miranda

I don't think I argued with you at all about your examples. I made some comments on them to show you that I acknowledged that alternative medicine is broad? But cool story?

Fairy

KBRO

Miranda

Pretty sure we're all just discussing what we believe in. You guys have had imput, doesn't mean anyone is right so chill the fuck out.

Fairy

I'm pretty chilled, in front a fan and everything... And chnt is playing some video game...

Miranda

Ok. I just thought by the "severly pissed off" part that you were severely pissed off is all.

Fairy

Your comment annoyed me by making me feel like you didn't read what I wrote properly, and didn't understand that my comment wasn't actually about what you were talking about, it was about the definition of what alternative med is and how it's used, nothing much else. I guess it's hard to interpret emotions through a screen.

Fairy

And also, I was trying to make the conversation less of an argument - in saying that people can probably agree that neither form of medicine cures everything, yet you were are like makes no difference blah blah confrontation... so I'm all like, what the

Miranda

I read your link so that I was on the right page. Everything I said still applies. I actually don't even know how this turned into an argument. I'm not trying to have a go at either of you...?

Fairy

I don't know what you mean, I was just joking with the wiki link/picture thing

Miranda

I thought you thought I didn't understand what natural medicine was. I even scouted the wiki page in case it was all wrong. Anyway expressed my POV. No such things are truths by themselves, a truth is always in relation to a point of view. This is just my point of view.

Fairy

Well I still fucking loathe papyrus.

Miranda

Well that was pretty much why i even wrote this stupid update. I loathe papyrus and comic sans. That was my point :P Point made!

yeah chnt, apples can't cure aids so all natural medicine is pointless. get it through your head.

thanks for reading.

and yeah, we should just kill all nature cause it has no purpose.

so are all those people your friends, or just facebook randoms that cMe about from other 'friends' ?

If they are not your friends, why are they on your facebook as 'friends'?

Why is it more important to have a high number of 'friends' instead of being genuine to oneself and deleting their sorry asses from your page?

What is the ratio of your friends (in RL) compared to your 'friends' on facebook ? 1:10 ? 1:20? 1:100 ?

If the ratio is not 1:1, then why? By 1:1 I mean that if you have one friend in RL, you have one friend on facebook, and he/she is the same.

Poke you, honey.

The person that was our "friend" is Miranda, who is now the ex of chnt's friend. The others were just people commenting on her status, not people we know. I have a "friends list" full of people I don't know, have never met, are randoms that I would enver talk to - they're all on my "restricted" list meaning they can't see anything I post unless I specifically make it public. I also have my friends list hidden, so nobody see's who is on it or how many there are.

i dont have that many people on my list, and heaps of friends in real life aren't my friends on fb... if people add me and i dont like them i just put them on a restricted list so they see the same thing as if they weren't my fb friend, which is basically nothing... probably half or more of my friends list are restricted, a small number have access to view stuff and they are my actual friends (well the ones that i like). miranda is the ex of one of my friends. but actually it's not all bad having people you dont like on your list, i get a good laugh out of the shit that they post, albeit a frustrated angry laugh most of the time...

as for a ratio, fuck knows, perhaps 1:100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

ah... what she said.

• Like 1

Why restrict them, instead of deleting? I beleive the answer is that it looks good to have a high count of "friends" on this pathetic social control overlord. For the most part of all the clones in the wheel, fb users are little more than victims to a capitalist juggernaut

You can gloss it over as much as you like, but its still a shallow and pathetic tool that is dumbing down society. Fuck , chnt, walk away, you are better than "them". Delete the shit for good, not this wussy "i can return at any time"cowardice