The Corroboree
Psylo

Surgery Admission

How long has she been vaping for? I pretty much only vape now but some minor throat irritation damage may still have occurred. I just prefer to cover my bases. When I was in hospital last week (kidney infection) I had to come clean to the doc about my current codeine abuse, very much fearful they wouldn't give me any painkillers but I also wanted them to know panadol wasn't going to help two squirts of piss for the pain, only the fever.

fuck combustion hombres.

hey schmancy, i notice your ween theme there, i first heard push th' little daisies at about age 12/13, but didnt properly get into them until i was about 20, quebec is my fav.

you're not a member of any music forums by chance are you?

codeine really fucks with my digestive system, and it basically does not relieve any pain what so ever.

We must be aroundish the same age :) I never had pocket money so all I had was a shittonne of blank cassette tapes and JJJ, many songs taped which I didn't even find out were Ween (or Primus, Soundgarden, et al) until a few years ago a new friend had put on CDs and I was like I know that song! Had NO idea, especially Ween being as all over the shop with style as they are. GREAT feeling! Quebec's my favourite, too and happened to have been the only album I'd bought before I'd heard the other albums, fantastic aural landscape travels! Nah this is the only forum I go to anymore, most of my friends are in bands so I get a lot of recommendations from them (and here where I fell in love hard with Shpongle) and my new boyfriend with a slightly different taste in music range so I love hearing new things and it's wonderful to share new music love with him although I can't fucking stand Creed which he loves (and I told him honestly to his disappointment but I'm not going to lie and pretend to love that shit the whole time I'm with him lol).

Yeah constipation's a hellbitch, and I have to use fair amounts to dull any pain. Luckily though I was still given morphine and then endone, I was feeling like shithouse enough as it was without having to put up with abdominal fire :/ The dosages weren't going to help my abuse but while I was in hospital I convicted to check back into rehab to detox (have to wait til tomorrow to start organising that)

You young whippersnappers with your fancy audio cassettes and your boomboxes and your hypercolour shirts. When I was a boy, we used to carve gutters into of shellac, dictated by the vibrations in the ceiling of the concert hall (and bingo club on Wednesdays).

Hmm, I was was 20 when Daisies was released :wink:

Edited by Psylo Dread
  • Like 1

holy shit he likes creed!

my primary group of friends have a whole bunch of token bands and other things which we make fun of all the time, creed is one of those bands, they are the pinnacle of marketed pop shit...

you gotta use all your powers to influence him away from shitty bands like creed!

haha shpongle is like the token band for all these entheo-related forums, i dont think i have heard all of their/his stuff, and it's been a couple of years since i last listened to them, i should venture that way sometime in the near future.

i've had chronic pain (neck, shoulders, back) for the past several years, i couldn't say how long exactly. up until early 2011, i wouldn't even touch paracetamol for a headache, but the pain got to the point where i caved and started using paracetamol/ibuprofen, to no avail, moved up to otc codeine, to no avail, prescription for tramadol, some relief sometimes, no relief others, then codeine/tramadol combo, tiny bit more effective, but still not all that much... i'm doing a lot better lately though so i haven't needed pain killers for a number of months, good riddance. good luck with kicking the habit, and try a bene-fibre type supplement if you aren't already, it really helps.

i'm low 20's, etou?

Shpongle are the shizzle, my nizzle. Saw them live in 2011 under a perfectly balanced cocktail of substances.

jealousy, regardless, i saw autechre in 10, i was completely sober and it was just 2 dudes looking at their macbooks, no lights, nothing, and it was the most amazing thing ever!!!

purest bass i have ever heard, they never cease to amaze me with their creative mastery and perfectionist skill.

I was at that Shpongle gig too, Psylo :D The crippled chick with cheshire cat grin and pupils the size of dinnerplates. Wiiicked!

I'd LOVE to heap shit on him about Creed, I really really would lol but I try to be a bit more forgiving with other peoples' taste in music these days (but with Creed it's really hard not to), I guess a lot of people think Ween blow the big one too... but those people suck lol.

I'm 29 for another month... not 30 yet dammit! *clings to misguided sense of "youth"* though funnily enough I felt more like an old fart at 20 than I do now.

(I hoped we weren't derailing the thread then I realised Psylo started it anyway so... :bootyshake: )

Heyyyy wait a minute, I think i was talking to you after the show, outside the Enmore ! I was definitely talking to someone in a 'chair, If my memory stretches back (I was very charged, and also post-shpongle euphoria). Tall dude, beard, wearing an orange shirt with an image of Ganesh on the front. Ring any bells ?

Edited by Psylo Dread

And people can derail away, I think the crux of my enquiry has been addressed.

i've had chronic pain (neck, shoulders, back) for the past several years, i couldn't say how long exactly. up until early 2011, i wouldn't even touch paracetamol for a headache, but the pain got to the point where i caved and started using paracetamol/ibuprofen, to no avail, moved up to otc codeine, to no avail, prescription for tramadol, some relief sometimes, no relief others, then codeine/tramadol combo, tiny bit more effective, but still not all that much... i'm doing a lot better lately though so i haven't needed pain killers for a number of months, good riddance. good luck with kicking the habit, and try a bene-fibre type supplement if you aren't already, it really helps.

I used to have chronic back and neck pain, every couple of months i would get c4-c5 disc protrusion making my arm go numb and felt like daggers in my neck.. agonisingly painful muscles and lots of related injuries, went on for 7 years til I found my orthobionomist... after 8 sessions with her, Ive been feeling like a normal person now for 5 or 6 months so far (havent even been back in 2 months)

Just had a big bike crash and smashed myself around, all i got was a twinge in my back! I am astounded and relieved, usually i would be crippled with pain and unable to move my neck.

Highly recommend!

--edit--

http://www.janinemccarthy.com.au/

--edit--

if you go.. tell her I sent you, she'll give me a discount, and then I can see her more :)

Edited by niggles

I'd just tell the doctors the truth it if were me, but only because they are doctors, and their job is to know the crap and not fall into any.

Also, the stories about the public health system denying analgesics, are most often related to those who had habitual abused opiates/opioids, and the doctors won't give it to them, simply if their tolerance is up and it won't work in the smaller doses used in hospitals. I knew an addict who got refused pethadine when in labour giving birth, and got quite cranky about that, but in her anger only proved the hospital staff correct to have denied her any. Some heroin addicts say never to tell, because you won't get any in hospital if you tell, other addicts simply never tell because they know better than to speak of the devil, and Narcotics Anonymous members say to tell that you have a morphine allergy if you ever had a recreational use habit, so that the hospitals won't kickstart a new habit, which has happened to recovered addicts enough times that everybody needs to take due precautions.

As for smoking and an operation, the doctors aren't normally judgemental about all our bad habits, as it is our bad habits that keep them in their jobs too often. So they have heard it all before. The point about telling them, is that if something went wrong, they'd need every detail of information they could get, to figure it out properly. They might say no operation without a few weeks clean, or, they might say, how much, how often, and just take notes. But if they were going to say no operation without a few weeks clean, then you'd need to know that, right, or else you would not be asking here.

Just tell them. Doctors don't habitually phone the cops, not unless you lied and told you were tying your missus up and forcing her to smoke it with you.

Alternatively don't tell, and suffer in silence if anything goes wrong. Most folk don't tell about cannabis, but in my mind, it would be the opium derivatives folk ought not tell about, and everything else we should. But if we tell anything hard-to-hear to anybody, it ought to be a good doctor.

If I were you, I'd worry more about finding a doctor who you could trust with the knowledge of your actual habits.

She's decided to lay off the green and the alcohol entirely for the next 8 weeks, and focus on getting in tip-top shape before she goes under the knife.

Which means that on the very day of her discharge, there will be a three-day keg party at our house ! Hula hoops, limbo competition, 80-proof moonshine, bucket bongs & napalm poi ! Woooooooot

• Like 2

great decision because its giving recovery the best possible chance.

but... i would say some green would actually help recovery, since it'll allow more sleep, more rest and easier to eat (all the important things to heal, food, rest and sleep!) And better than sleeping tablets.

withdrawal can cause more problems due to restlessness, insomnia, night sweats etc all lowering the immune system. if these happen i wouldn't stop, just reduce use, and definitely continue during recovery to keep the body is its happy zone.

your body's happy zone will be whatever its currently used to.

Heyyyy wait a minute, I think i was talking to you after the show, outside the Enmore ! I was definitely talking to someone in a 'chair, If my memory stretches back (I was very charged, and also post-shpongle euphoria). Tall dude, beard, wearing an orange shirt with an image of Ganesh on the front. Ring any bells ?

Uhh possibly! I remember garbling something to someone after the show; all I mostly remember is ziiiiiiiing brain euphoria!

I had my wisdom teeth out on the public system and was fully baked when I went in, the hardest part was not drinking before hand, esp with the dries :P

Not recommending it, but it's wat I did and was fine.

Oh, and it was not light intake either.

Edited by naja naja

i wonder if something like this would help that naja

biotene-antibacterial-dry-mouth-toothpaste.jpg?1291229697

has anybody tried it?

I had keyhole surgery on my foot

they used a general wouldn't recommend using pot around the time of the procedure when I awoke I felt horrible, confused and the taste in my mouth....... that was something hard to forget

didn't feel better til the next day

peace

p.s tops on the vaping! I'm hoping more and more people switch the habbit to vape the difference is crazy......also much easier to have breaks for some reason. I think it might have something to do with the inital smoke hit

Edited by danshaman
  • Like 1

i wonder if something like this would help that naja

a>

has anybody tried it?

I call that stuff 'stoner gel' its pretty funny, it works, but only use a teeeeeeny tiny amount or it tastes fuckin gross and your whole mouth goes... gel like and.. ugh it sticks to your teeth and is just ridiculous.

Its a great product used correctly, stops you getting bad breath helps your teeth maintain integrity by not drying out ..

I give it +1 for useful and amusing.

got some at home if anyone wants a sample tube.

--edit-- I have some sample tubes, it is a different brand, and it comes in 'mild minty flavour'

previously I have tried a lemon flavoured one, which is fine.. until you put too much in your mouth...

Edited by niggles

which product in particular niggles, the toothpaste?

and in response to another of your comments, as i live in perth i will not be seeing that lady so i cant tell her you sent me.

sorry_cat.jpg

I had my wisdom teeth out on the public system and was fully baked when I went in, the hardest part was not drinking before hand, esp with the dries :P

Not recommending it, but it's wat I did and was fine.

Oh, and it was not light intake either.

Try giving a BJ with the deserts. :o

which product in particular niggles, the toothpaste?

and in response to another of your comments, as i live in perth i will not be seeing that lady so i cant tell her you sent me.

a>

lol that one says toothpaste.. the ones I am referring to is an artificial salivia mouth gel you use for the drys... nothing to do with toothpaste at all sorry.. :P

but its pretty funny and also useful.

Well, Mrs Psy went under the knife today and is presently in hospital recovering. The nurse gave me some filthy looks when I suggested that *I* needed some endone & oxy as well. How rude, I pay my taxes, I want hillbilly heroin too !

Ultimately, the subject of smoking dope came up in the pre-op a week ago, and they basically said just to lay off the weed for a few days. No drama at all. In saying that, she stayed off green and alcohol for about three weeks, but will be dying to get home and pull out the vape in a few days, I'm certain !

Anyone know where I can get myself an XL nurses outfit ?