The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
El Presidente Hillbillios

Anyone want a van?

I have a van i bought for my ungratefull daughter about a year ago i think. It was running and registered although had an oil leak in the front of the motor, a bad starter motor and a dodgy steering idler. I wanted her to learn the value of building something for yourself, even though it didnt need much. She decided it was easier to go into hock for a car worse than this one. Oh well some lessons must be learned and not taught LOL.

So i have a brand new starter motor and steering idler for it here. It will need tires and a battery plus fixing the oil leak and fitting the steering idler and starter motor for rego at least, although i dont think it need much more, i aint a mechanic. Doesnt really have rust, thats really good for one of these. It is a column shift manual and has a 1.6 litre motor. Was pretty cheap to run as i drove it for a week or so when it had rego to figure out its issues.

Im pretty sure it had a reco motor not long ago and had just finished a lap of Australia when i bought it. Trade for a plant, print or really anything on offer. Or free to someone that will love it and have some adventure with it. Im in south west sydney. Feel free to pm me of you intrested.

19372_1252125357606_1663691141_626677_6192141_n.jpg

IMG00080-20111120-0933-1.jpg

IMG00079-20111120-0932.jpg

• Like 9

This has to be the SAB giveaway of the year.

Onya hillbilly... What a champion !

may your pumpkins grow fat !

Its not really anything massive. I forgot to add i will help fix it for someone that is keen. Even to the point of giving it a flash new paint job.

• Like 3

if you put the starter and steering idler in i reckon it will drive. But it is out of rego

Whoa that's awful generous hillbilly!

What are you looking for to trade? Another car or just something random?

Id be keen as mustard if I could get to Sydney lol been wanting a van for yonks!

Nothing really, i mean it would be cool to get any gesture in return. But id rather it went for someone to have an adventure than money.

• Like 1

how about that eh?

put it in the serial trading thread

VVVVV gets some pach seeds VVVV

VVVVVV gets van VVVVVV

VVVVV gets pap som and sida all seeds VVVV

• Like 7

IMG00079-20111120-0932.jpg

There should be a bong on that table.

• Like 4

HB: Your generosity is limitless. Your photoshop skills on the other hand...

It is mate, don't worry what the haters have to say. :wink:

Its not really anything massive. I forgot to add i will help fix it for someone that is keen. Even to the point of giving it a flash new paint job.

The paint job looks sweet as!! Wouldn't change a thing haha it screams road trip van, I think I like the floor most of all that's a wicked pattern!

I think I like the floor most of all that's a wicked pattern!

You could even play snakes & ladders :lol:

Nice one Bruv

Should make it on condition they share pics of the Ethno road trip :lol:

This is such an amazingly generous offer. When I read the thread title I started thinking "What the heck kind of plant is a 'van'?"

Unexpected, brilliant, loving it. I hope it goes to a good home. :)

Hillbilly you're a champion.

It has half snakes and ladders and half roads to play toys cars with LOL

:drool2: Hahaha that's hell good!!!!!!

Can't believe your daughter doesn't want it she's missing out hard

i can't believe nobody has made an offer. i hereby offer one small brug cutting, unrooted. slightly dry. includes free grasshoppers.

i would have been so keen on this had i not recently fixed up a high top longreach panno. just gotta build a bed really, throw all my camping junk in and off i go to squander my annual leave. what a life.

seriously if you don't want this van then you've got bigger rocks in your head than HB for giving it away.

I think a few of us think there are those that could use it better than us. I know if I made an offer it would just sit around, potentially never being fixed up and operational. Though it would be great for roadtrips. Perhaps some were waiting for someone to start a bidding war too haha, though it does get down to hillbilly's discretion.

• Like 1

Could have done a EGA auction or something, make a bit more cash for the event :)

Sounds like you got it sorted though :)

Edited by Jonstn

I waas thinking about that, but i kinda came to the conclusion that it may not go to someone who would really appreciate it then. Id rather give away, to someone really keen.