The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Slybacon

7 Day Adventure Alone

Hiya Trippers,

As some of you know I recently just hit the eject button and booked a holiday as far away as I can possibly get from my life for 1 week. I stayed up all night drinking JD and coke with close friends, passed out at 2 on my lounge. Woke up at 4AM and hit the 3 hour train to Sydney International. 33 has been haunting me lately and to my surprise my Boarding gate for the first leg was gate 33! Ah the universe. So at 10 AM I boarded a 9 hour Flight to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific. I really enjoyed this flight, It wasn't booked out so I got 2 seats to myself to stretch out. Nearly all the 3 seat rows had sleepers on them. Cathay Pacific is a 5 star airline so we got good food , quality drinks (not Jim Beam they had a choice of 5 quality black label bourbons and 3 scotches) and sexy air hostesses albeit a little shy.

So after 9 hours of drinking approx 1 double scotch per hour we arrived in the Dragon Country. I can really see why they call it this. I was really taken back by the beauty of this place from the Air. Lots of steep tall mountains clad with mist. I can imagine the folk lore now. As I type this Im 2 hours into a 5 hour wait for my connecting flight to Paris. I'm on my second double shot Wild Turkey and I feel brilliant, JJust need to make sure when I stand up I can get my self to the gate about 1klm away! Seriously this Airport is HUGE. Multilevel food courts in like 15 different areas. Its all more than I expected. I just spent $30 on a meal and 2 double shots. So now I board a 13 hour flight to Paris.... Hardcore travel time but its good to leave it all behind and see the world. Even if it is short.

Got some pics to follow soon! Just trying to shrink them for upload. Pm me yall MSN addresses. I really wanted to chat to someone whilst I was killing time and no one was online in my list.

Peace all. I'll send you some photos from Paris when I arrive.

Have fun man. Glad you're getting away from it all for a while. No doubt it will be far too short!

Good for you. Make the most of it hey!

Enjoy. :)

Sounds like itll be a blast, interested to see how long you can maintain the bender.

Paris....damn! Pics should be mint

Yee-ha!

Wish I had the funds to do something like this. Hope you enjoy the getaway Sly and can't wait to see the photos!

The way this is starting you should go that last little bit and end up in amsterdam ;)

33 was a most interesting year for me. but thn again,... somehow my life is filled with these 11 / 22 / 33 / 77 / 88 coincedences up to the point that it was crazy even for me. i was seeing 33 all around me.... it was an emotionally laden year. it started off with my colleague at work saying.... "woof" you need to take it easy this year.... jesus died when he was 33!" I said,...'yeah yeah yeah!' as in a sort of disbelief way. met my gf. the 33 miners got trapped,... and sooo many more even way out there 33 things. it really got to the point of being silly,... and trust me that i questioned myself over and over to see that i was not exageratin this 33 thing. even some people around me started pointing it out to me. but I am 34 now and things have cooled down,.... i am not getting # 34 coincedences that much lol.....

ahhhhh,... le french femme's....... owwww yeah!!! french femme with drugs,... that is even mooooreeee ohhhhh yeahhh! hahaha.......

have fun man!

Sorry to go off topic but since you guys are talking about co-incidental numbers popping up everywhere, I figure it might be worth watching this is you haven't already.

The Number 23 with Jim Carrey. Please note it is most definatley not a comedy.

Edited by dollarjuice

Have fun in Paris man. :)

im really keen to do something like this myself!! keep us updated, man... :)

UPDATE>

Departed Hong Kong International at 12 Pm for a 12 hour non stop flight to Charles De Gual Paris. Airport in Paris is Underwhelming after Hong Kong but it was not too much trouble. This time I was on an Old 747 and there was not One spare seat. I was stuck next to a nice asian couple with terrible breath. For the first 2 hours I had to keep jumping over them from the window seat and getting away just so I didn't have to spew....

First Impressions of Paris and the Parisians have been pleasent. I have not slept more then 10 mins since 4 Am monday morning. I think its like 3 or 4 AM in Australia on wednesday as Im writting this. I have tried to sleep but the Jet lag has my body clock all messed up. So failing sleep I headed in for Paris.

I caught the train in, wasn't cheap. About 50 AUD for 2 day pass! The city of Paris Blew me away!..... I knew it would be special but I wasn't ready for such an amazing city. I just walked and walked. I have some killah photos and as soon as I charge my laptop I will upload. The weather is perfect, the food is the best and the Art work is non stop..... I'll write some more detail after I sleep a proper 8 or so hours. The drinking hasn't finished yet, I think thats the only thing keeping me sane.

All the best hippies , I'll update you on the action as it un folds.

~boom

UPDATE>

Departed Hong Kong International at 12 Pm for a 12 hour non stop flight to Charles De Gual Paris. Airport in Paris is Underwhelming after Hong Kong but it was not too much trouble. This time I was on an Old 747 and there was not One spare seat. I was stuck next to a nice asian couple with terrible breath. For the first 2 hours I had to keep jumping over them from the window seat and getting away just so I didn't have to spew....

First Impressions of Paris and the Parisians have been pleasent. I have not slept more then 10 mins since 4 Am monday morning. I think its like 3 or 4 AM in Australia on wednesday as Im writting this. I have tried to sleep but the Jet lag has my body clock all messed up. So failing sleep I headed in for Paris.

I caught the train in, wasn't cheap. About 50 AUD for 2 day pass! The city of Paris Blew me away!..... I knew it would be special but I wasn't ready for such an amazing city. I just walked and walked. I have some killah photos and as soon as I charge my laptop I will upload. The weather is perfect, the food is the best and the Art work is non stop..... I'll write some more detail after I sleep a proper 8 or so hours. The drinking hasn't finished yet, I think thats the only thing keeping me sane.

All the best hippies , I'll update you on the action as it un folds.

~boom

wow, so far it sounds so overwhelming!!! i dont think i could handle :P i dont drink so, insanity woulda hit about 12 hours ago.. lol..

Hong Kong airport itself woulda been a 12 hour adventure :P ...

Been visiting all the artsy places in paris? doing the true "tourist" things? :) sounds awesome.. walking and walking, in an unknown exotic city, man, im even picturing the light spectrum being different there, lol... excited to get out on my own 7day world adventure...

Sleep well man, lol.. sounds like ya need it!! Cant wait for pics!!

Keep the updates coming :P

WowParis.jpg

SerenityParisPArk.jpg

4:33 hey...... Hmmmm

Edited by Slybacon

Late, huh? i feel bed calling... Looks like an amazing trip :) Great pictures :)

Edited by Ulca

Wow man definitely some amazing pics! I'm loving the one of the Egyptian style cat.

Paris in late summer! :wub: Nothing like it.

Missed that kitty... Cant believe i did that... guess i just needed some air..

Edited by Ulca

So I'm just starting to settle in and I only have 2 nights left :( I have made friends with a range of people but by far the nicest has been the indians living in Paris. I have been offered a place to stay in the city should I ever come back , and if you know many Indians they like to Party so thats always fun. I really didn't put much effort into sight seeing today. I just relaxed around the city. On the love front there are lots of opportunities in Paris. It really does have a romantic feel and there are plenty of places to meet nice girls. I met some ozzy girls in the club but they were to young for me, didn't make good conversation so I didn't persue that to much, however my 22 year old friend from USA was pleased when I brought them to the table. On a positive note I have a date with a very interesting girl tonight. I figured the 2 most important things I am looking for in a date is personality and fun to be around. Sure it helps if they are stunning but I can find the beauty in an interesting girl if she can make good conversation and similar interests. My date tonight can speak fluent French, Italian, English, Mandarin and Cantonese which makes for a very interesting accent. My family is heading back to europe in about a month, so if I can save enough I might come back. It is very expensive here, but very alluring.

~Boom~

Do it Bacon. Work if you can, slum it if you have to, but do it.

You won't regret it.