The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

cool story

cleaning up my humble abode today i came across this in my paper work, i liked it, unsure how factual it is. but anyways-

His name was Fleming, and he was a poor Scottish farmer. One day, while trying to make a living for his family, he heard a cry coming from a nearby bog. He dropped his tools and ran for the bog.

There, mired to his waist in black muck, was a terrified boy, screaming and struggling to free himself. Farmer Fleming saved the lad from what would have been a slow and terrifying death.

The next day, a fancy carriage pulled up to the Scotsman's sparse surroundings. An elegantly dressed nobleman stepped out and introduced himself as the father of the boy Farmer Flemming had saved.

'I want to repay you' said the nobleman. 'You saved my sons life.'

'No, I cant accept payment for what I did,' the Scottish farmer replied waving off the offer. At that moment, the farmer's own son came to the door of the family hovel.

'Is that your son?' the nobleman asked.

'Yes,' the farmer replied proudly.

'Ill make you a deal. Let me provide him with the same level of education my own son will enjoy. If the lad is anything like his father, he'll no doubt grow to be a man we both will be proud of.' And that he did.

Farmer Fleming's son attended the very best schools and in time, graduated from St.Mary's Hospital Medical School in London, and went on to become known throughout the world as the noted Sir Alexander Fleming, the discoverer of Penicillin.

Years afterward, the same nobleman's son who was saved from the bog was stricken with pneumonia. What saved his life this time? Penicillin.

he name of the nobleman? Lord Randolph Churchill.... His sons name? Sir Winston Churchill.

Someone once said: What goes around comes around.

Cool story ey?

I like the sentiment, irrespective of fact or fiction :)

I don't believe stories have to be "real" to be "true".... thanks

Edited by Slybacon

truth is stranger than fiction so i believe this is true

I don't believe stories have to be "real" to be "true".... thanks

I completely agree.

the_river_retreat.jpg

Nice! Reminds me of Ivor Cutler's stories of his childhood.

I wouldn't be surprised if the story is true, fate has a strange way of interweaving peoples lives. Thanks for sharing the story!

jesuscoolstorybro.gif

:P

I have actually heard this story before. I believe it was actually a truthful recollection

elders had spoken word that was passed down through ....word ......not the net..........i for one have appreciated more than one elder making me 'a little more wise' from mind vistas open to my mind and thought through spoken word

Synchro, wtf has your picture got to do with your post in relation to this thread?

:scratchhead:

apparently not true but a cool story indeed :)

Nice! Reminds me of Ivor Cutler's stories of his childhood.

ivor cutler is the man!

a fly crawled over a sticky twig looking for hole, looking for a hole to sleep. but a green leaf hit him on his pearly wing & gave him a terrible wing ache.. hehe..

i ate a lady's bun, on her head.. she got a fright. it was a suprise...

are a few lines that come to mind =) there was a time when i was into doing kinda mind bending tripout 'chill' sets at parties where i used ivor cutler from time to time.. anyways

Cutler is God in my house. My kids scream "IVOR! IVOR! IVOR!" when we're on road trips in the car.

Cutler is God in my house. My kids scream "IVOR! IVOR! IVOR!" when we're on road trips in the car.

haha thats classic! great stuff for kids :lol: