The Corroboree

hey , i know that when u want the best drying of flowers you do it in the dark for a week or more (MJ stuff).

so should i do that with Datura metirial??

what is the best way to dry it's flowersleaves?

I'd be tempted to check them in a oven on a low heat on pan I'm pretty sure the toxic compounds are fairly heat safe.

If your going to dry it slowly I'd make sure there is a good air flow as I know brug flowers tend to go moldy if you stick them in a confined space.

[ 30. July 2005, 02:39: Message edited by: bloodbob ]

brug flowers won't dry withut heat as the sugars are hygroscopic. The leaves will dry very quickly, but will have the green taste locked in that way. Various curing and fermentation methods that are used for tobacco or cannabis can also be used to reduce the sugar and chlorophyll content of other herbs to make for a smoother smoke.

I dry my brug flowers by chopping them into squares, and laying the squares on a piece of paper on a flat area.

I turn the flowers every day until they are dry.

Seems to work quite well.

dont wanna open new topic so:

i have almost 30 plants in my garden but every creature like: spiders,little green worms and many more things comes only to my brugmansia! why is that??

they eat everything and makes holes in the leaves... i tryed today my garlic solution i hope it will work...

they are tasty, but they are also hardy. I use pyrethrum on mine.

i boil pyrethrum, chilli and garlic then spray it on. great with every plant.

What would be the most popular/safest brug or datura that people use and their desired method?

used to play with it in high school when i didnt know shit, just grabbed some orangish flowers off the tree and boiled them. i think i was really lucky back then.

I personally prefer dried Brug flowers, but my guess is dried corkwood leaf will be an excellent (if not the best) smoke. Waiting for my seeds to sprout (cmonnn spring! :D ) to find out

If any kind souls want to hook me up with some plant matter so I can experiment (and boy have I been experimenting) we can find out even earlier.

Is there any info on the pyrolisation of corkwood seed/flowers?

tell me guys - why i did not get any effect from smoking dry flower of my brugmansia?? could it be because i dry it in the sun for 3 days?? emmm

nothing effects me?? fuck!

Originally posted by Tomer D.:

could it be because i dry it in the sun for 3 days?? emmm

Probably. Herbs are supposed to be dried in shade. The UV in sunlight kills many things.

I dry mine on my desk, so they don't get a lot of light.

How much did you smoke?

3 bowls after big mj smoke...

and nothing even close to little effects...

i heard about people who make datura cream...i dont how they do it but i heard it works very well.

the active alkaloaids get into the blood somehow...

but the problem is you dont know how much you took from the stuff...it can be overload on the body...

Tomer, can I recommend you try it without the mj?

The tropanes have a very comfy synergy with ganja and it can be hard to place unless you get on a really high dose of the brug (when you start seeing shit).

I have recently Collected some Brug Flowers and leaves from the local Botanical Gardens. I have mixed a tiny bit with MJ and have a cone or 2 before meditating i find it very useful :)

Also Smoking it just by itself is quite any interesting feeling :)

Apoth how much would one have to smoke b4 u starting seeing things? is that even possible by smoking?

It's definitely possible using datura seed. My guess is roots would be just as active as seeds, if not more so. I will attempt to find out once my D. stramonium v. tatula finishes seeding :)

I've never managed to get visual hallucination with leaf or flowers though.

Brugmansia seed is far too precious to smoke

so you say to wait for seeds and than it will kick my head...

ok thanks for the advices...i have to try smoke it again...and this time without mj...maybe i'll get more luck next time....

i even don't know what kind of datura i have...

apoth can u accept my pic of datura to your messangericq? i just cant upload this pick beacause i dont have a website for this so... if u can pm me your icq number and i;ll send u the pic... thanks

some daturas don't contain atropine/scopolamine, but rather just meteloidine. Not sure what the effects of this are, but I don't think they are strong or even pleasant.

It is really worthwhile to ID your tropane containing plants before consuming them :rolleyes:

Tomer D.:

apoth can u accept my pic of datura to your messangericq? i just cant upload this pick beacause i dont have a website for this so... if u can pm me your icq number and i;ll send u the pic... thanks

There is a SAB gallery.

http://www.shaman-australis.com.au/gallery2

No point starting a new thread.

Anyone got any advice on harvesting datura root?

How long do I have after the plant finishes seeding before it "dies"?

Will this dying process lower root mass too, or will the above ground part die, then the roots?

id imagine the roots would be one of the first things to go.

Still thread starting abhorrent, and thought this little abstract I just found might interest some:

quote:

Germination of light-requiring seeds may be induced by very brief exposure to sunlight during soil disturbance through the very-low fluence (VLF) mode of phytochrome action. We studied the effect of soil water availability after cultivation on the photoinduction of seed germination in two important weed species, Datura ferox andChenopodium album. In daily-irrigated plots, seedling density was 1- to 4-fold greater in plots cultivated during daytime than in those tilled at night. In contrast, when plots were not irrigated soon after tillage and rainfall was excluded, no significant differences were observed between seed germination in daytime vs night-time cultivated plots, although seedling emergence in night-time cultivated plots was higher than in non-cultivated controls. The average critical value of soil water potential required for the expression of VLF-induced germination was higher than –0.5 MPa (at 3-cm depth during the 6 d following cultivation). Dark germination was less sensitive to decreasing soil moisture than light-induced seed germination. The promotive effect of the light signal perceived by the seeds during daytime cultivation is maintained for several days (ca 6) in drying soil, even though laboratory data suggest that the far-red-light absorbing form of the phytochrome inducing the VLF photoresponse is unstable, disappearing in less than 24 h. These results reveal the complexity of interactions between the light signal and other environmental factors that control seed germination under natural conditions.

Basically it says what T has been saying all along, along with some nice experimental data.

I hopefully plan to start experimenting with a reasonable way to germinate Datura when you want, rather than neglecting it till it sprouts :P

Datura is something ive been curious about but never really considered trying, certainly by ingestion, having read some horrific trip reports im interested to know what u guys get out of it? How long does it last smoking it and how r the effects different from eating?

Botanica, search for posts by Apothecary, about it.

I'm pretty sure he likes to smoke tropane-containing leaf matter.

There have been a few discussions around the forum about this.

Orally ingesting tropanes is very dangerous, most of the people on this forum who have used them successfully seem to smoke them.

The safest bet seems to be:

dry leaves from Brugmansia, Datura, etc.

Smoke one 'cone' of plant matter.

Wait 10 minutes.

Smoke another cone.

Wait 10 minutes.

Repeat this until you get desired effects.

The warning sign is cotton-mouth, supposedly as soon as you get this, you should stop smoking it.

Then sit there in a half-drunk/half-stoned stupor for the next few hours.

Oral ingestion is used if you want to 'trip', but is so risky, it's probably not worth it.

Find a medication with Tropanes in it, so you can measure the dose, and then experiment with that, if you want STRONG effects.

I've personally never used Tropanes, but I've researched it, and read posts on here quite a bit.

Hope that is of some help. :)

benzito - thanks ill check the posts, doesnt sound like my thing though. id try dmt if i had the chance but datura and amanita shrooms scare me, despite them winking at me from the roadside sometimes...

botanica:

Datura is something ive been curious about but never really considered trying, certainly by ingestion, having read some horrific trip reports im interested to know what u guys get out of it? How long does it last smoking it and how r the effects different from eating?

The oral effects are pretty unpleasent except for the body high which I enjoy. If your planning on tripping your balls off I'd work up to it over several weekends. By that I mean make a big standardised batch of flowers or leaves by grinder/brekaing them up and then on say friday nights take an ever increasing amount.

You should wait a few days between each oral use because the 1/2 life of some of the compounds is like 12 hours in blood plasma.