The Corroboree
Bush Turkey

WA internet users are being watched

funny. if some were truly planning disruption, i suppose the last place they would advertise was facebook. then again, some people are pretty fuckin dumb.

i'd like https, but also a members 2 forum would probably be a good thing, i wont be using tor as some have advised it is just as unsecured as roaming free whim, but i do suggest so chat on free wifi points and or shells.

• Like 1

it says this:

"In April WA Police Minister Rob Johnson said police would also have the power to search emails and text messages on mobile phones and laptops in "restricted areas" during CHOGM."

but april has already been, and it's in october, i dont understand this...

edit:

i should probably try reading shit properly first...

sorry for the dumb post

Edited by chnt

I think this is a wonderful idea and would not dream of doing anything to any royalty or any commonwealth constituents. Please police don't follow me or find out who I am i'm a loyal citizen who upholds commerce.

• Like 3

yes.

i believe i speak for the forum when i say, as are we all. especially our west australian members. :innocent_n:

• Like 2

im sick of this state! im outa here soon

Where you gonna go?

The US? UK? China?

Canada would probably be pretty cool.

i'd like https, but also a members 2 forum would probably be a good thing, i wont be using tor as some have advised it is just as unsecured as roaming free whim, but i do suggest so chat on free wifi points and or shells.

An SSL certificate would be nice! Either self-signed or from a costly american certificate authority for user convenience.

Tor isn't just like browsing with no security but it has different security concerns. It hides your identity to your target but not to the Tor network. People in the Tor network can potentially see the information you're sending.

You --> Tor Network --> Service/Website

Use it if you don't want to be linked to your browsing habits but not if you're transmitting sensitive details like your name/address/CC details. At the simplest level, it's anonymity at the potential cost of your data privacy (but not necessarily linked back to you anyway).

I hope you're all feigning shock, since nothing I read sounds particularly out of the ordinary, considering forums blogs and websites have been checked for years, an ongoing process that's not likely to stop anytime soon.

Oh and police intimidation? Shit, thats unheard of. :P

haha yeah meeks :P nabraxas im prob gonna go to canada on my travels but im driving round oz first then going overseas. it was already planned. i just thought it was funny that they actually tell you now their watching :P

True, like we didn't already know big brother was alive and well in 2011 lol!

im prob gonna go to canada on my travels

sorry, i thought you meant you were going to leave permanently for pastures greener.

canada's about the only place i can think ov that might be a better place to live.

whatever, have a great trip. :)

thought i might give this a bump due to chogm being held next week.

i would also like to ask a couple of questions.

concerning this statement: "In April WA Police Minister Rob Johnson said police would also have the power to search emails and text messages on mobile phones and laptops in "restricted areas" during CHOGM."

can anybody give light as to what specifically are the "restricted areas", and the dates from and to, for which the police will have the power to search emails and text messages?

i assume, perth cbd is a restricted area, but are there any others? perhaps the whole of perth is a restricted area.

i found the statement below here

From late Thursday 27 October to the early afternoon of Friday 28 October, St Georges and Adelaide Terraces between Plain and Milligan Streets, as well as Mill Street and a small section of Mounts Bay Road between Spring and Mill Streets, will be closed to all traffic to allow the movement of visiting dignitaries to and from the CHOGM Opening Ceremony.

These roads, at other times during the next two days will be closed again briefly while motorcades move through, but will be re-opened to traffic immediately afterwards.

Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 October 2011

so does this mean the times the police will have the power to search will be say from 27-31 of oct, or will it be longer than that?

thanks

canada's about the only place i can think ov that might be a better place to live.

i think that as well. then again my travels are limited. i just feel like the whole world is turning to shit. canada does seem okay though. lots of green power and public transport. my favourite things. plus others.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN