The Corroboree
telemetric

Can we get a 'Media' forum under Culture section ?

Some where to collate doco's, movies, music and maybe books too that are related to or of interest to visitors of this site. Or maybe if that's a too big ask get one current forum sub descriptions to mention something that incorporates this.

Ive often come here to post something about a great doco or movie i just watched and not really know where was the right place to post about it.

The other thing thing that may be a bigger project of possibility is something a little more organized than a forum. As over time info seems to gets lost in the pagination except to those with the right search term or perseverance.

Maybe something like this,

http://docuwiki.net/index.php?title=Light_at_the_Edge_of_the_World

obviously anyone could just set this sort of thing up themselves but i think it'd be really good if it was actually part of the SAB site, with a sticky thread & links too it , and integrated into the forum/SAB landing page.

what do you think ?

Sounds good. I should get Soulseek up and running on my Mac if I can find a decent Mac client. It makes it easy to trade stuff, especially if you haven't got access to private trackers etc. I've got a heap of documentaries and movies and am always looking out for more.

i probably wasnt thinking even so much as having links to torrents etc. as that could be controversial, more just like imdb.

(id take up your offer for trade though at moment im stuck on wireless with small quota and speed)

Hi Telemetric, i dont like the concept of having actual media hosted here because the music and film industry are going bezerk about filesharing. Same for rapidshare and hotfile links. Not sure how the Australian laws about that are but i think it would be an unnecessary risk to take. Discussions about media on the other hand are very welcome in chill space. We try to keep the number of forums small so it doesnt look too crowded. Not sure if there are enough threads so it would justify making up a whole media section though. But if you guys keep on posting interesting media discussions, Torsten might probably think about one small media forum again. If i remember right, we already had that discussion a few years ago and he wasnt that into the idea. Could be wrong tho. My brain is a mess. :lol:

isn't the media more relevant in the respective forum? I mean, I don't go looking for media, I go looking for 'topic X' which I would search for in a particular subforum.

But I am obviously getting old and can't even get my head around itunes, so maybe I am thinking this wrong ;)

educate/convince me.

what's to get your head around, itunes is crapola. at least it was last time i tried it out. it messed up my system and all.

so what i was thinking on was just a section(forum) for people to post if they've watched a vid, read a book, listened to some music or what not and wanted to put it up as suggestions for others. this way its a go-to place for people looking for that sort of thing as well, so its easier to find that sort of thing if you dont know what to search for or are looking for something new without having to trawl through pages of threads to find something of this matter.

as i feel a lot of media doesn't strictly fall into category with the current respective forums.

eg: what cat would i post about the following:

a doco about Oxycontin addiction

a fiction like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fountain

Aldous Huxley's doors of perception

some new dub album you just love

an audio podcast of bear stanley at ega

thanks.

Just wanted to say that if a test run is implemented, I will support it. Cheerio.