The Corroboree

Awesome post hutch

To add to your post, Hutch: This is part 1 of 3 so you'll need to set aside half an hour if you qwant to watch the whole thing, but a really interesting piece. Not sure about original sources, so you'll have to just take it at face value.

Worth a watch.

Hutch... you have blown my mind. I have vageuly heard of the Dogon people and how much they knew of the Sirius system (among other things). I can only wonder that if this were true, then why would this alien civilization have left us? If we were educated enough to remember information about Sirius, surely we would've been educated enough to remember why these extraterrestrials left us for a few thousand years? Did we advance enough and they thought their work was done?

If only history was incorruptible... then it would be a lot easier to figure things out.

Edit: I have decided to do some more research. And I found this article, which seems the much more likely explanation. http://www.ramtops.co.uk/dogon.html

Edited by bluntmuffin

Provided aliens did visit and share knowledge, and provided they were travelling using conventional methods (not worm holes or warping etc) A great deal of time would pass on Earth in the time it would take to make a return journey to Sirius... Can't be bothered, or even remember how, to do the calculations...

Thats nice!...I feel you are right there in some way...on death the illusion will dissolve and our true reality will become clearer....the fog of living will be lifted....we are kept trapped by design...Somethings we are just not meant to know right now.....

It is hard to imagine infinity and beyond..

buzz.jpg

Actually infinity is within reach for all of us. Just sit still every now and then.

We can also get rid of our illusions while in this life. Just got to be willing to give everything up.(Do this gradually... dont be drastic... the middle road!)

Our design basics (survival and reproduction)can keep our attention fixiated on the basics too much indeed.... But we have a gift,... we have brains. Use it, stimmulte it the right way and it will help to free you!

how do you know?

it's simple,... the multiverse is all a part of a greater universe. I am not a bible dude,... but I remember from school.... "The house of God has many rooms!"

I know in which room I am in. There is allot of love in it.

• Like 1

By definition, this is correct. What we call the universe may not turn out to be all there is, and therefore is not the "universe" but merely part of it.

It is pretty silly to think that we know everything of our "universe". So to clarify what I mean by 'the universe' is simply EVERYTHING!.... even the things we dont know about and also the things that we cant even imagine yet. So that also includes the part we can lable as the unknowable or the mystery. "So the universe is simply everything!"

`

Edited by Magicdirt

Yeah I wondered about that too.

If you could travel at speeds great enough to get there and back in 1 lifetime, all your relatives and friends would be dead by the time you got home.

Surely travel over large distances must use less conventional means, like wormholes or teleportation.

Maybe you can bend time like you can bend light...maybe time is just a part of our three dimensional perspective of things and is only relevant because we can't get our minds around anything else....and maybe not. I know I struggle at times but I find this stuff very interesting ...I think I read somewhere once that time was the fourth dimension and I think if you follow up on string theory they talk about 11 dimensions. One universe, multi universe or different dimension I don't know. Maybe its mind travel to the degree we couldn't contemplate..... I continually read reports by those who have had the privilege of dieing and then being brought back to life that the soul covers distance by thought alone. Think where you want to be and you are there. Time in that space they claim is also irrelevant.

As smart as we are we really know nothing...

• Like 1

Hutch... you have blown my mind. I have vageuly heard of the Dogon people and how much they knew of the Sirius system (among other things). I can only wonder that if this were true, then why would this alien civilization have left us? If we were educated enough to remember information about Sirius, surely we would've been educated enough to remember why these extraterrestrials left us for a few thousand years? Did we advance enough and they thought their work was done?

If only history was incorruptible... then it would be a lot easier to figure things out.

Edit: I have decided to do some more research. And I found this article, which seems the much more likely explanation. http://www.ramtops.co.uk/dogon.html

It is amazing stuff to read....here we have an ancient civilization way ahead of the best science of the day....AMAZINGunsure.gif

I would love to hear a skeptics view of the Dogon's....I mean how else can you explain what they have said in their own words. If you were to say they are wrong in the way they say they gained their knowledge I would like to hear in what other way you would think they came by such advanced information? Is the whole thing a major con? It does seem to be factual. Could you go as far as saying this is proof of alien life?

It is important to remember that although many parts of the Dogon legends seem to ring true, other portions are clearly mistaken. One of the Dogon's beliefs is that Sirius B occupied the place where our Sun is now. Physics clearly prohibits this. Also, if the Dogon believe that Sirius B orbits Sirius A every 50 years, why do they hold their celebrations every 60 years?

So did alien fish-men pay a visit to ancient Earth and give the Dogon their knowledge? Or was the Dogon's culture contaminated by western visitors? (The story of the Dogon and their legend was first brought to popular attention by Robert K.G. Temple in a book published in 1977 called The Sirius Mystery. Science writer Ian Ridpath and astronomer Carl Sagan made a reply to Temple's book, suggesting that this modern knowledge about Sirius must have come from Westerners who discussed astronomy with the Dogon priests. The priests then included this new information into the older traditions. This, in turn, mislead the anthropologists.)

Or could the Dogon's have had ancient technical or non-technical means to find this information out? Or is the whole thing just a matter of coincidence?

Edited by botanika

To add to your post, Hutch: This is part 1 of 3 so you'll need to set aside half an hour if you qwant to watch the whole thing, but a really interesting piece. Not sure about original sources, so you'll have to just take it at face value.

Worth a watch.

Yes thanks mate...it was worth a watch....

Imagine if we find that 12th planet that astronomers now say they also think exist's blink.gif...what if they are correct and Earth was once part of this 12th planet......I did think however that the moon was knocked off of the earth by a huge impact from a foreign object.

I liked this statement..."Modern man is on the path of REDISCOVERY"....could be true if they find that planet but they did have an amazing grasp of our solar system thats for sure...and 5000 years ago and recorded on date-able stone/clay tablets..I think that adds a bit more credibility to it if the facts given are true.

I can see Botanika' s point regarding the Dogan legends but I think there is more to that one than meets the eye....

Maybe we are not the smartest kids in the solar system......maybe we are playing catch up.....

Edit: wouldn't want to run into any of them anunnaki's .....or maybe I already havebiggrin.gif

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sumer_anunnaki/anunnaki/anu_28.htm

Edited by hutch

The sumerian texts were written 6-7000 years ago [don't quote me] - and they address teh fact that we have planets which our scientist did not know about until recently, on the scale of things that is. They also say that Nibiru collided with a planet in our galaxyand threw a peice out into the far reaches and that is how ??pluto was born. The collision wasn't with our moon though, details are fuzzy at this hour. Genesis IMO is taken and adapted straight from these texts.

Nibiru is from another galaxy and it takes 3600 years approx to circulate so the annunaki would be 1year old every 3600 earth years and if tehy travelled to earth it would be sensible to travel at the time of closest margin. They might not need to bend time to travel.

Necronomicon is said to be based on the sumerian text. and the creation stories describe heavenly bodies at war [Gods or planets?] In teh Necronomicon howeverwhen hthe mad arab enters teh zoneii and returns all of his family/village have long died.

I am just ranting cos I am tired.

Aren't the dogon the tribal africans in little clay hutsI did see a doco on the I am sure.

Re: rediscovery : I have felt that thepeices of teh puzzle are coming together slowly, but I also find myself looking @ mankind and thinking its all a big con game especially Christianity and other religions.

I once read also that in the original texts of teh bible they warn about 666 but 1 muslim dude wrote that he recognised it as a symbol for islam or for allahor something like that and when the text was interpreted it was thought to be greek and so a warning in greek about 666 or a warning against islam? I think the sumerians texts probably have more truth to them than either christian or islam doctrine.

Sorry don't know why I ended up going down this thought train.

anyway just googled it and found one thread not the original article I read but it shouldshow what I am on about for whatever reason. http://www.formermuslims.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2787

i don't think you mean galaxy both times you said galaxy, maybe solar system.

i liked one particular idea that there is a brown dwarf (a small, slow-burning star) in a severely elliptical orbit around our sun. when it comes close to the sun, nibiru can pass in amongst the well known planets.

have their been developments on the astronomical front? i remember those videos showing a possible nibiru being censored by three different "google-sky" type sites.

Uhh yeah like i said was tired and could not think of the correct words - re: Nibiru, It was said that it could be seen in the soutehrn skies and tehn teh whole thing just died, so who know but when you look at the stories of sumer, it all makes sense, to me at least. If some great planet larger than ours was to come near say Mars as the Sumer story goes and the people of the time think these celestial bodies are at war because they know a collision is imminent, they would write it down, They woul also prepare for the next time it would happen and the astro science they show in there stories would be be best preserved on a clay or stone tab over paper. So these planets are described as celestial beings and down the track when Sumer is all but forgotten and the verbal stories have changed like in chinese whispers, another race is developing language again andwrites down the verbal stories but not understandingthat the celestial beings are planets, the true meaning is lost and replace with soemthing that eventually becomes God of the heavens or similar. Then someone writes teh bible and it is God and Satan etcetc

Uhh yeah like i said was tired and could not think of the correct words - re: Nibiru, It was said that it could be seen in the soutehrn skies and tehn teh whole thing just died, so who know but when you look at the stories of sumer, it all makes sense, to me at least. If some great planet larger than ours was to come near say Mars as the Sumer story goes and the people of the time think these celestial bodies are at war because they know a collision is imminent, they would write it down, They woul also prepare for the next time it would happen and the astro science they show in there stories would be be best preserved on a clay or stone tab over paper. So these planets are described as celestial beings and down the track when Sumer is all but forgotten and the verbal stories have changed like in chinese whispers, another race is developing language again andwrites down the verbal stories but not understandingthat the celestial beings are planets, the true meaning is lost and replace with soemthing that eventually becomes God of the heavens or similar. Then someone writes teh bible and it is God and Satan etcetc

Is that like saying the 12 wise men were the 12 signs of the zodiac? Christ is not the the son of god but the SUN of god....

Is that like saying the 12 wise men were the 12 signs of the zodiac? Christ is not the the son of god but the SUN of god....

G'day Hutch, How the Fuck are you and are you feeling better?

Well I do suppose its similar except with Christ it was knowingly written organised by I think roman emporer Constantine [and I still am not thinking too clear (-: ] who had a jew write the texts for him so the romans would control chritianity, as christianity was growing in numbers. This is why you see angels with halo's because the romans worshipped the sun and hence the Roman Catholic church.

Edited by dworx

Just read my post from last night,lol How many typos and other errors I always type the as teh but usually pick it up and others and fix them once the bulk is typed.

Apologies........ to all.

Well I do suppose its similar except with Christ it was knowingly written organised by I think roman emporer Constantine [and I still am not thinking too clear (-: ] who had a jew write the texts for him so the romans would control chritianity, as christianity was growing in numbers. This is why you see angels with halo's because the romans worshipped the sun and hence the Roman Catholic church.

The story of Christ has been told before in history many times. I can't remember at the moment the amount of time that is supposed to amount to an "age", I think it was about 2150 years and if you can believe every thing you read we are moving into a new age in around the year 2050........( I wont make that one) We are in the "age" of Aquarius..each change of age comes with a new story that is mainly the same form of the virgin birth of Christ on the 25th of dec to the 3 days of death leading up to it, like when the sun is in it's lowest in the sky and it hangs there for 3 days and then it moves one degree in the sky...rebirth...

Its way deeper than that, I am just going on memory but I can dig more up if your interested....I believe with all my heart there is a god....the Christ story can be explained...Religion....could it be the biggest con on mankind....nope, thats bankingbiggrin.gif

• Like 1

G'day Hutch, How the Fuck are you and are you feeling better?

I am really great and thanks for asking...

The story of Christ has been told before in history many times. I can't remember at the moment the amount of time that is supposed to amount to an "age", I think it was about 2150 years and if you can believe every thing you read we are moving into a new age in around the year 2050........( I wont make that one) We are in the "age" of Aquarius..each change of age comes with a new story that is mainly the same form of the virgin birth of Christ on the 25th of dec to the 3 days of death leading up to it, like when the sun is in it's lowest in the sky and it hangs there for 3 days and then it moves one degree in the sky...rebirth...

Its way deeper than that, I am just going on memory but I can dig more up if your interested....I believe with all my heart there is a god....the Christ story can be explained...Religion....could it be the biggest con on mankind....nope, thats bankingbiggrin.gif

I have read a little on it also sketchy on details tho :scratchhead: . I don't know what you mean by a god? I beleive we are all energy [so maybe god is within] and as everyone knows energy just changes it never dies [eternal life] but if god is energy, it is nuetral no good no bad just energy and it will move into anothe rlife form or a rock etc [reincarnation] but the christian/Islamic/ God the hindu Gods etc well nope I don't buy that. I do however accept and respect every ones choice and opinion on whether to beleive or not.

Banking not a con man, we buy into that with choices....lol do I want , yes I do, do I need ???

I am really great and thanks for asking...

No worries, I am sincerely glad to hear that and as ever good to see you here.

i liked one particular idea that there is a brown dwarf (a small, slow-burning star) in a severely elliptical orbit around our sun.  when it comes close to the sun, nibiru can pass in amongst the well known planets.  

More than half the observed solar systems out there are binary (2 or more stars) so it's entirely plausible our solar system could be too. http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Star-Myth-Walter-Cruttenden/dp/0976763117/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1300076821&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Year-Walter-Cruttenden/dp/B0000YHVMG/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

The Great Year is an interesting 'new age' watch.

The 'dark star' companion is also sometimes called 'vulcan' influencing comet swarms. http://www.barry.warmkessel.com/index.html 

The exploding planet theory that the asteroid belt is remnants of old planet(s). http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/1691

Virtually all financial and experimental resources in cosmology are devoted to big bang studies. Funding comes from only a few sources, and all the peer-review committees that control them are dominated by supporters of the big bang. As a result, the dominance of the big bang within the field has become self-sustaining, irrespective of the scientific validity of the theory.

The big bang is not the only framework available for understanding the history of the universe...or more to the point it perhaps needs to be updated in name to better describe contemporary multiverse/string theories. Maybe it could be called 'the big meh' theory :P

I like the idea of multiple universes inflating or branching off each other infinitely than the traditional theory the whole universe exploded out of nothing or a singularity smaller than an atom.

Then there is Tom Van Flanders controversial theories! http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Matter-Missing-Planets-Comets/dp/1556432682

In a nutshell from a reviewer: "Faster than light motion in time is possible / Gravitation progresses faster than light / the physical universe has five and only five dimensions / it is infinite in extent in all five dimensions / there was no Big bang to start the universe / the universe is not expanding / the universal microwave radiation is of nearby origin / there are no black holes in the universe / quasars are associated with our own and nearby galaxies / galaxies are arranged in waves in an immense medium /gravitational shielding is possible / the classical description of quantum entities is incorrect / the Bell inequality in quantum physics should be violated / There is no "Oort Cloud" of comets / comets and asteroids are quite similar in nature / comets and asteroids are accompanied by satellites / a former major planet exploded between Mars and Jupiter / this explosion occurred just 3 million years ago / this explosion was the origin of comets and asteroids / this explosion may be connected with the origin of man / the great pyramids in Egypt are perhaps 9000 years old / artificial structures may exist on the surface of Mars / tidal forces on the sun and giant planets are significant / there may be a sunspot-planet link / solar eclipses are best viewed away from the centre line / Mercury was originally a moon of Venus / our Moon originated from the Pacific basin of the Earth / the Moon no longer shows us the same face it used to / the Martian moons are the survivors of a great many moons/ a great rift on Mars is the impact site of a former moon / Jupiter's Red Spot is a floating impact remnanat / Saturn's rings are only a few million years old / Solar system bodies have received black carbon deposits / the moons of Neptune were violently disrupted / Pluto and Charon are escaped moons of Neptune / Another undiscovered planet probably exists beyond Pluto"

Edited by botanika

fractals....

everywhere in nature and extend outwards(and inwards) ad infinitum :blink:

i can't even conceive the extensive nature of that, it turns your brain to goo

where does our reality reside withinin this continuum?

definitely probable that other realities have collided with our own, but also expands the posibilities of, well everything multiplied by a factor of X. we are definitely not capable of comprehending this potential, i think we have lost touch with this ability over time but i think in the past some sort of realization of the nature of our existence was formed.

• Like 1