The Corroboree
naja naja

Ion scans at brisbane domestic

Wats up with these, they must be for explosives surely. They swabbed me and my bags, came back clean. I was stunned!!

Stunned that the bags came back clean?

I don't know why. Airport security is a bit of a joke these days IMO. If you really wanted to do some damage take your laptop and a couple of other things that they do let on and you have a bomb, but you're not allowed nail clippers or scissors (tweezers also), and you are allowed stabbing implements like biros that can be easily sharpened.

Wooden weapons would be easily made and concealed too. They'd better start strip searching every passenger and taking all of their belongings.

I think in the future air travel will be too ridiculous for most people to bother because of all the security measures. its pretty stupid already. Iv had one of those swab test things done to me last time i flew too. I think its to detect explosives (even though as sheather mentioned simple everyday objects that are allowed on planes can be a security risk anyway)

Stunned that the bags came back clean?

:P

i had one came back positive for pseudoephedrine at international , they wanted to know why , but i didnt know why they wanted to know why, perfectly legal.

A few years ago about 6 months after my dad had 2 heart attacks and we nearly lost him.. he decided he needed a break from all the stress and so went on a holiday to perth to stay with his 'other' family [my step mums clan] and take a break.

I took him to Adelaide Airport and on our way into the departure lounge we obviously had to go through security.

No-one had told him that stints set off the metal detectors and so he ended up almost stripping naked to pass through it [after 6 attempts of setting it off]

The security got quite serious and personal and my Dad got quite agitated and ended up cracking the shits at them all... clearly telling them he had just suffered 2 heart attacks and now has a stint as a result so its probably that fucking thing that set it off... he also told them how pathetic they were and that they were abusing their power and they had already fucked up his relaxing holiday before he had even left Adelaide. They got quite aggressive with him, both physically and emotionally and insisted he take off his pants, etc [in front of everyone] to find what was setting it off.

This is about the stage I intervenend and lost the fucking plot at them... THEY DID NOT LIKE BEING TOLD LET ME ASSURE YOU!

I wasn't even boarding the flight, I was just there seeing my Dad off... and they did actually listen to me when I said it was probably his stint setting it off and to leave him the fuck alone as he is not a terrorist ffs and just wants and needs a relaxing STRESS free holiday!!!

They let him through, but not without dragging me aside and having 5 guards block me from walking anywhere while another swabbed my shoes, pants, the works... that's right for explosives!

Boy of boy that set me off even more... they had got to be joking... they simply said to me they have the power to randomly search anyone they want and they felt I was a threat and said I can walk away if I like but threatened with me incarceration if I did.

I shutup for a couple minutes until they let me go and as I walked off I let them have it again but this time some federal police intervened and told them to leave us alone!

We never actually got around to putting in a formal complaint about this but the more I think about it now we really should have!

The funny thing is I HAD to walk back through the same way I came in when I was leaving so I got a second chance at telling those power pissed fuckwits how pathetic they were... they did not like that but couldnt do anything as the feds were standing near by smiling at me :-)

Fuck, I forgot how worked up it had made me... I had nearly lost my Dad twice and the fuckwits purposely stress him out...

I guess I am kinda lucky I didn't get locked up but I reckon that's one of the last times my Dad will fly... as he said to me at the time; if that's the bullshit he has to deal with everytime due to having a stint he will just stay home

That isnt good herbal hindsight, th y sure can be power trippin twats. What is a stint though a pacemaker?

Yeh well if anything bad had occurred to my dad as a result of this i'd be taking it to the top

sorry i mispelled it... it's a stent not a stint

From http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/stents/stents_whatis.html

What Is a Stent?

A stent is a small mesh tube that's used to treat narrowed or weakened arteries in the body. Arteries are blood vessels that carry blood away from your heart to other parts of your body.

You may have a stent placed in an artery as part of a procedure called angioplasty (AN-jee-oh-plas-tee). Angioplasty restores blood flow through narrowed or blocked arteries. Stents help prevent the arteries from becoming narrowed or blocked again in the months or years after angioplasty.

You also may have a stent placed in a weakened artery to improve blood flow and to help prevent the artery from bursting.

Stents usually are made of metal mesh, but sometimes they're made of fabric. Fabric stents, also called stent grafts, are used in larger arteries.

Some stents are coated with medicines that are slowly and continuously released into the artery. These stents are called drug-eluting stents. The medicines help prevent the artery from becoming blocked again.

It's really quite amazing how much difference the stent made to my dad hey... he felt better almost instantly and had recovered within a couple of weeks and felt healthier than he had in years [he was a chronic chain smoker for 40+ years and following the doctors advice went cold turkey after his last attack and hasn't sparked a smoke up since!

sorry this is a bit off topic just thought id mention it

I tried to find the article i read recently where a young woman refused to be patted down on her breasts ,so was slammed down and restrained physically at the security counter... but couldn't find it ...I found this though , poor old woman

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/calgary-airport-wants-answers-about-security-search-of-woman-82----113631424.html

Yeah, it is just explosives. I have heard of sniffer dogs on Aussie domestic, but never seen one myself.

A friend was once swabbed for Cocaine. Asked about it, "are you serious? I'm in the entertainment business, of course I'm snorting cocaine!"

Julian.

saw a beagle cruising around darwin airport, maybe they are more used for the luggage.

yeah, beagles always at Perth. Never actually gotten off a plane without the beagle sniffing me. Needless to say they are purely quaranteen dogs.

There is no other practical reasoning behind the strict searches and swabbing other than it being propaganda. There have been no recorded cases of anyone trying to take conceal explosives onto any planes in australia (or any country ive heard of) and the bottom line is if enough people where that desperate to jack a plane they could probably do it with there fists alone. The checks for weapons and swabs for explosives are simply there to remind us that terrorism is a very real threat in australia. Just like they removed all the bins from sydney train stations because middle eastern illigal immegrant refugee boat people could try and make there new home in them.

happy australia day

• Like 1

Yeah, well, America isn't that much better. I haven't flown in over a year but will have to soon.

asdfsdfasdf

Edited by Teljkon

sdgsfgsdfgsfg

Edited by Teljkon