The Corroboree

asdasasd

Edited by Teljkon

The necronomicon was originally an invention of H.P. Lovecraft. He used the fictional book in some of his horror stories, and many writers since have used it too, they must have thought it's a pretty good plot device. I would probably say that there is no real book that fits the descriptions given by Lovecraft. I would (very reasonably) be afraid if such a thing was in human hands.

I have 1 of 666 leatherbound copies of the necro, its now printed in soft cover too. In mint condition worth a fortune leather bound is very exxxy.

Is it human leather? I just don't think it would have the right texture if it wasn't human leather...

You mean leather made from human skin? or human made leather?

No, yes.

I would (very reasonably) be afraid if such a thing was in human hands.

and if it was you just know it would be in the vatican library where only gods chosen could safely protect us from it.

The Necronomicon is said to be protection for mankind, at least that's how I read it. Download it and give me your opinions?

The Necronomicon is said to be protection for mankind, at least that's how I read it. Download it and give me your opinions?

Is there a link thats dropped off..I cant find it but I did a bit of a read and found this interesting...

How Lovecraft conceived the name "Necronomicon" is not clear — Lovecraft said that the title came to him in a dream.

I just love it when I here things come to people in dreams...There is a lot in that IMO...

used to be quite into lovecraft and did a bit of research. i thought it was real. just some old occult text. nothing that i find terribly exciting. there are various publications considered to have varying levels of authenticity, some have commentaries of varying worth.

Here is a link to the scan of the paperback edition http://alleeshadowtradition.com/pdf/necronomicon2.pdf

- thought you would get it with google? lol Its a bit big to post here so I split it for those interested. I don't know if I beleive it is an actual manuscript, but I showed my school librarian the black leather book, and he chased me out of the library - he wanted so bad to have it in his hands..lol

necronomiconpaperbackscan_Part1.pdf

necronomiconpaperbackscan_Part2.pdf

from what has been read from ot so far it seems a clever type of deception text which doesnt really explain anything, it promises to explain the truth but just banters around incomplete phrase which teases the reader into more and more reading like a horse chasing a carrot, when it refuses to give the answer and lead onto more and more without actually revealing the secret is why it sends people mad, people are just so desperate to get to the truth the carefully manipulated text just ebbs and flows and teases.

interestingly enough the original idea may have stemmed from yemen and the creativity of this i may beg to differ may have been written whilst under the influence of khat.

From the oldest recorded creation stories in Sumeria / Mesopotamia. It isn't meant to explain anything, It tells the story of the arab whocame upon the secret world and wrote it down for mankind. It gives you the incantations, the rituals and the warnings. lol

has anyone read 'the necromancer' by Michael Scott. pretty cool.

meanwhile ....at the other end of the time continuum scale - i loved 'The Algebraist' Iain m banks. long,big....but worth it.

has anyone read 'the necromancer' by Michael Scott

no, but Neuromancer by William Gibson was pretty good.

Anything by Iain M Banks is worth reading especially Consider Phlebas

no, but Neuromancer by William Gibson was pretty good.

Anything by Iain M Banks is worth reading especially Consider Phlebas

ta man.

They did didn't they? :wink: