The Corroboree
shortly

Wikileaks cable reveals U.S. collusion with biotech industry

Wikileaks cable reveals U.S. conspired to retaliate against European nations if they resisted GMOs

Wikileaks continues to rock the political world by shedding light on conspiracies, corruption and cover-ups. The latest batch of diplomatic cables released by Wikileaks reveals what can only be characterized as a U.S.-led conspiracy to force GMOs onto European countries by making those countries pay a steep price if they resist.

The cable reveals the words of Craig Stapleton, the US ambassador to France, who was pushing the commercial interests of the biotech industry by attempting to force GMOs into France. In his own words (below), he expresses his frustration with the idea that France might pass environmental laws that would hamper the expansion of GMOs:

"Europe is moving backwards not forwards on this issue with France playing a leading role, along with Austria, Italy and even the [European] Commission... Moving to retaliation will make clear that the current path has real costs to EU interests and could help strengthen European pro-biotech voice."

http://213.251.145.96/cable/2009/05/09MADRID482.html

the truth shall set us free!

This is bad on so many levels, yet is not surprising in the least. The question is, now that the information is known, will anything change? I doubt it.

We can only imagine how they pressure and threaten the Australian government... hopefully, there are more leaks!

We can only imagine how they pressure and threaten the Australian government... hopefully, there are more leaks!

It goes something like this

Sit

Stay

Good boy !

It goes something like this

Sit

Stay

Good boy !

Is that surprising? Australian Agriculture Ministers often parrot the Monsanto mantra; there's fewer & fewer government impediments across australia but there's been a "disappointingly poor uptake of GM seed lines by australian agriculture" "Hugh Grant"

Does it really matter if we grow monsanto GM or not, they own the seeds anyway.

"Monsanto and its subsidiaries are now the world's biggest commercial seed corporation, owning more than 90 per cent of all GM crop varieties and 26 per cent of conventional commercial seeds globally."

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/35428.html

Does it really matter if we grow monsanto GM or not, they own the seeds anyway.

"Monsanto and its subsidiaries are now the world's biggest commercial seed corporation, owning more than 90 per cent of all GM crop varieties and 26 per cent of conventional commercial seeds globally."

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/35428.html

Who cares if they own 100% of commercial seed stocks, the idea is to not buy them and pool seed resources as a community, you know the whole giving freely thing, the way the plants do it? Unfortunately people still don't believe in the whole giving freely thing. "Unless I pay money for it it's probably worthless, so thanks for the free seeds but I'll just buy these here instead."

The danger is in contamination and the inability to grow natural seeds, also regarding "chemtrails", the GM seeds would have defenses against Aluminium, Barium, etc.. whereas the natural plants now growing would effectively be high altitude crop dusted out of existence. - That or they'll just be poisonous as all hell for us to consume.

I'm sure monsanto undercuts the market to have their seeds sold exclusively, if they take a hold there's no turning back. Although I still have faith in chaotic nature adapting and throwing the devil back in his hole.

Who cares if they own 100% of commercial seed stocks, the idea is to not buy them and pool seed resources as a community, you know the whole giving freely thing, the way the plants do it? Unfortunately people still don't believe in the whole giving freely thing. "Unless I pay money for it it's probably worthless, so thanks for the free seeds but I'll just buy these here instead."

The danger is in contamination and the inability to grow natural seeds, also regarding "chemtrails", the GM seeds would have defenses against Aluminium, Barium, etc.. whereas the natural plants now growing would effectively be high altitude crop dusted out of existence. - That or they'll just be poisonous as all hell for us to consume.

I'm sure monsanto undercuts the market to have their seeds sold exclusively, if they take a hold there's no turning back. Although I still have faith in chaotic nature adapting and throwing the devil back in his hole.

Actually monsanto don't just own commercial seed stocks, they have patent applications on thousands of varieties they have sourced from other smaller seed co's, breeding co-op's, seed banks etc. Many of which are traditional land races or heirloom varieties that haven't been considered commercial for a century or more in some cases, but in doing so they prevent any unauthorised persons from legally growing, trading in or breeding with their property.

Actually monsanto varieties are often more expensive kg for kg but promise lower herbicide or pesticide input and or higher yield.

Edited by shortly

I'm having a real hard time knowing this and not doing anything. This is an attack on being human. I struggle with leaving it to faith.

I don't see how such could be enforced legally. Patents are regarding intellectual property and they cannot claim ownership of a living thing as intellectual property. Seeds and plants have existed and been put in use in society for longer than they haven't, as far as I know this makes it public property. Even if a species is totally new to our society it is not a man made invention, it is natural and you cannot claim ownership. :ana:

I mean it's the same as patenting the genome.. what did they come up with the genome did they? It's just impossible and the patent office if it takes their money, has become a farce. Even if the patents exist you'd have to be a right proper tool to enforce the exclusive ownership of nature, as some kind of intellectual property (which it is not). *sigh* The gestapo doesn't care what new policies they need to enforce, even if they break the law.

I don't see how such could be enforced legally.

From what I have read and viewed about these companies, they either break the laws or bribe/coerce to have them changed.
Patents are regarding intellectual property and they cannot claim ownership of a living thing as intellectual property. Seeds and plants have existed and been put in use in society for longer than they haven't, as far as I know this makes it public property. Even if a species is totally new to our society it is not a man made invention, it is natural and you cannot claim ownership. :ana:
This is not necessarily the problem. It's the destructive nature of Nature through cross pollination that is IMO.