The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dohnut

DMT

I was wondering if ne 1 knows about getting DMT salts? I have successfully extracted some v.nice free bass dmt from MHRB and found it to be awesome but iam now wanting to inject the stuff as i believe it is supposed to be a longer trip. I extracted using the acid-salt-alkali-freebass procedure so am i right in assuming you would simply dissolve the dmt salts, from the MHRB, into the acid and then just evapourate??? If so, does it need to be a certain acid or would ye olde whyte wyne vinegar be sufficient?

N E help at all would be gr8. Thanks

now wanting to inject the stuff

you need to aim for purity if you want to do that. i hate needles and do anything to stay away from them but if i was to inject i would only inject the purest product, i would do 20 TLC just to make sure but hey each to their own. one of the chem buff can probably answer better then me but i would throw in a anhydrous HCl gassing and some recrystalisation from a really pure solvent lol.

If you really want a long DMT trip, there are other (natural) ways.

Please don't inject things if there is a chance of "backyard chemistry syndrome"! Impure or contaminated substance straight into your bloodstream isn't safe!

If DMT isn't illegal where you are, go for your life at trying it...but adding more risk to your trip isn't cool.

I would maybe try something more natural like a MAO inhibited brew with P. Viridis, but like the lorax said, to each their own.. :)

well, at least it will be in the british papers, with hopefully little chance of making it to the australian media....

I think i'm getting your drifts, i reckon i'll have to make friends with a chemist or something eh?

How long and how intense can DMT with a MAO be- say with a Banisteriopsis caapi, surely it can't be ne thing like smoking pure DMT?

Thanks for saving me life...

yeah i know somebody who did this (es), but he said never again would he try this out.

that's intravenous, but subcutan (hope that's the word), meaning in the muscle (intramusculare) could be ok, so people told me, the dmt this way would be proly absorbed only in a slow and save manner.

dohnut, the "drift" we're trying to give you is that you shouldn't inject backyard chemistry drugs.

Injecting things into your bloodstream bypasses all your bodies natural defense mechanisms. Contaminants could be poisonous, etc.

If you want an intense DMT trip, there are surely other ways.

Please don't do this.

Wouldn't injecting provide a shorter, more intense trip, than say, taking orally with an MAOI? Or maybe I'm way off here... :confused:

does taking an maoi before smoking lengthen the trip. i think i have heard of someone doing that and having a rather long and intense trip. however that information is about as reliable as...well... its not really reliable.

anyway, anyone tried that?

For sure, I've personally heard from a very reliable source that 300mg of moclobemide and some dmt produces a dmt trip that is many times the normal length, this was however after oral dmt was consumed, which might i add was purported to be sufficiently intense and long to say the least.

i don't agree....

1st, backyard drugs do get savely injected (mesc salts 4 example, because the act uplifting, mdma like),

a home operation might produce better material than a pharma lab!

it's know how nothing else.

2nd, don't bring the maoi's into the discussion, they make it last longer, ok, but not stronger!

3rd, the danger and, yes i agree never, inject dmt direct into your bloodstream, but thats because you are sure do overdose this way, and DMT overdoses are very scary...

even smoking dmt can cause overdoses, but the good thing is that, the dose was given via bloodstream lung absorbtion and thats it, nothing more in the system fueling the dmt experience after the puff(s). whilst oral absorbtion by sa aya, hit's the bloodstream so slowly, and the dmt gets destroyed everywhere, that why you need maoi's other wise nothing will happen.

if you want a short strong dmt trip, than it's all about overiding the brain barrier and nothing else.

forget the mao.

I agree, short strong trips, smoking is great, but what about longer strong trips. Theoretically if one took the maoi then smoked the equivalent dose of dmt to what they would normally to achieve a strong effect, then it would be the response curve as usual except extended over time, due to the inhibited breakdown of dmt by the mao.

yes,

and i think it's a good idea to smoke the maoi aswell, hehe... :P

one gnome reported taking a mocl 150mg..then an hour later smoking some dmt and the trip lasted about 45mins...

well there ya go ay.

could someone explain that please.

i thought the point ov taking an MAOI was to stop the MAO from breaking down the DMT in your stomach so it would have a chance to get into your bloodstream.

i thought smoking DMT put the drug in your lungs & from there your blood/brain.

how woulds taking an MAOI--which effects the chemical composition ov the digestive juices, effect the action ov smoked DMT?

I don't think it does.

Afaik DMT isn't active orally (smoking does not come under the "oral" definition).

The whole point of the MAOi isn't so you can trip on DMT, it's to add colour to the Harmaline fun.

I dunno.

Just don't inject backyard drugs!

a gmone i knew has a home made glass vapor pipe. he measures out his does then vapors the DMT. heat breaks down the DMT, the greater the heat the higher the breakdown. burn would achieve far less effects than vapor.

lightbulbs make great vapor pipes. weasel off the metal piece, break the black glass out of the metal so its holo. get a large screwdriver and tap hard at the part that was where the metal was, drive it through, file it bigger, pull out the guts, wash it and put the metal back on. can also mount a 4cm straw on the metal to work it more.

thats all hypothetical though, the glass is used to reaching high temps so i assume ( ) that its great for a vapor pipe :D

?!?DONT DO BACKYARD DRUGS MAN?!?

EDIT: Yeah, also dont inject or anything illegal

[ 21. March 2005, 13:25: Message edited by: Amulte ]

Doing backyard drugs is fine (by me), just don't inject them!

Injecting them bypasses everything in your body that can save you from contaminants and impurities.

Also, it's much much easier to overdose!

The reason that MAOIs prolong the action of smoked DMT is that MAO is found in the liver and brain as well as the digestive tract.

Injecting DMT iv will not result in a longer trip than smoking, the time course is almost identical between these methods of administration as in both cases the DMT is delivered to the bloodstream in one go. A smaller dose would be required though, as some is lost through heat damage and some is exhaled.

If you want a long trip, take it orally with a MAOI as suggested. It lasts hours rather than minutes.

Intensity is purely related to dosage, all methods of administration may produce effects from nothing to OD, depending on how much is taken.

And BTW, a succesful synthesis of the hydrochloride salt has not been reported. I don't want to encourage anyone to do this (It's a case of "If you need to ask how, the answer is don't"), but the way to do it would be to pull the base from the solvent with aqeous acid, then inject the aqeous solution without bothering to make crystals. Salts are quite stable even in solution.

quote:

The whole point of the MAOi isn't so you can trip on DMT, it's to add colour to the Harmaline fun.

This is purely a matter of preference. Though I would suggest moclobemide instead if your aim is simply to produce a longer-lasting DMT trip.

quote:

if you want a short strong dmt trip, than it's all about overiding the brain barrier and nothing else

Huh? How do you plan to "overide the BBB"?

[ 21. March 2005, 11:41: Message edited by: Tryptameanie ]

Oh, and white wine vinegar would not be OK.

Please don't do DMT iv, there is no advantage other than efficency- is it really worth risking sudden death from anaphylactic shock to save yourself some time cutting up bark?

Unless you have at the very least completed undergrad chem and pharmacology and have access to a lab, don't try to make any iv preparations at all.