The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

Australian locations of spiritual significance

lets document this shit... After reading through the Yowie thread and kinda wandering, I thought Id start a new thread. Places that you have found to have significant spiritual 'resonance' or where you feel the 'veil' as Holy Mountain puts it - is thinner. And I think there are lots of places in Australia although our culture generallty doesnt acknowledge them or even actively ignores these places:

1. Yullara area - Desert Oak Country

2. Uluru itself - never dreamed of another monolith like I did.

3. Blue Mountains area

3. Styx valley, tasmania

off the top...

In my year 11 Aboriginal studies class i was lucky enough to take a camping trip to Wollembi where there are some amazing caves with Aboriginal painitings. One in particular which portrays the creator spirit Biamie looking over the land of the Hunter valley and at a certain place (where we camped) you can see the cave with Biamie looking down on you, very mystical place http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Biamie%27s_Cave_Outside.jpg

for me Burleigh headland "cock rock"

mt wellington hobart and the upper flozz

nitmiluk national park, anyone?

oops i meant to say pikapene (in nsw)

never actually saw nitmiluk (katherine gorge)

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Everywhere around Bermagui is rich in Aborignal mythology.

Mt Gulaga -Mother mountain female place- rocks that tell visual satrory of girl becming woman

Mumbulla falls _Male place, awesome waterfall slide and initation site

Lil Gulaga - The Younger brother

Motague island - The eldest brother

From the side, the top of Gulaga looks like a black fellas face profile.

The mother mountain grows subs, yetis- has snake shaped rocks, interdimensional 'bush telegraph' rocks- a abig guardian rock with lichen for eyes and a nose.

However, really there are sacred place everywhere.

If you can see the sky, your 'in church'.

meant to say pikapene. i've been to places on stuff, but this place, in winter, wow. i dunno if being extraordinarily beautiful makes it spiritually significant, though.

the local pub, sports fields, myer... These places glow with sacred auras of modernity.

• Like 1

EGA200901.jpg

:wub:

The Flinders Ranges has many places of significance but for me Wilpena Pound

and Brachna Gorge have a real energy. Wilpena Pound is a huge crator from a

meteorite and Brachna Gorge has remnant vegetation from when the centre of Aus.

was well vegetated, palm trees and rock pools. Great to find the oasis after trecking

through semi-desert for hours.

jenolan caves, Mt Nangar :wub:

Gantheaume point broome : Has some fossilised footprints of dinosaurs along the beach , freaking trippy place.

Any large Boab tree you find up north is spiritually significant i reckon , very old, used for shelter, perhaps planted many, many years ago... these huge giants in the middle of the nothingness give off such an aura , and Boab nuts have to be my favorite all time bushfood , yummmmmmmm

just wondering if anyone ever noticed that many national park reports make mention of, 'areas within <whatever park> have high or significant cultural importance'... they don't generally point em out for a reason.

Northern rivers area, coastal and bush.

Mt warning, border ranges, fingal heads... just to name a few but many more...

for me Burleigh headland "cock rock"

I have had some fun up there!

i think, in australia, it is more like "what land DOESN'T have spiritual significance".

I mean, the dreaming stories and rites and rituals were pretty specific, localised, and upheld.. until we came along.

Personally, i have had some pretty powerfull and notable connections to the land almost everywhere i have been. It seems there is always a 'power place' within proximity to almost anywhere i can think of.

specifically- Mt buffallo, Mt warning(wollumbin), Middle Brother, Katoomba gorge, Wollembi & Watagans, Barrington tops, the caldera, Broughton Island, Broken head, Bermagui-eden & surrounds.

When i spent time up past the bloomfield track FNQ, i remember thinking that it was like the whole place was super amped and energised, like i was walking through somekind of constant portal/vortex of crystaline matrix energy. some of the waterfalls and creeks up there are about as close to 'the source' as i could ever possibly imagine.

Where im living now, i look straight onto wollumbin, with sphinx rock to the right, and the pinnacle to my left. It has been called the sacred triangle, as the bundjalung recognise these three main points of energy, and the area within the triangle they create, to be of particularly strong spiritual energy and significance.

I guess once you 'tap in' to the feed, you carry it and connect to it wherever you go.. just with different variations and characteristics according to the specifics of the land you are walking.

great thread :innocent_n:

• Like 1

Hey _e_ the land you live in is where I want to live, amazing place, I resonate well with that area!

One day :wink: