The Corroboree
Legba

Mum charged after...

you sure have studied your D grade psychology 101 manual.

but yeah thanks for the illumination once again freud.

ill file it with your other analysis.

LOL :lol::wub:

Torsten, the K/brownie comparison kind of had me confused too..

Edited by .:illegal:brain:.

May i request an explanation from the person who negatized both my posts?

Very happy for it to stand (although it's been negated now), but i'd like to know if you had a legitimate point or just being a shit stirrer?

Fully aware it was presumptuous, working with what's at hand and running with it ignorantly, but that goes for both sides of the argument, i ran with it being in the bad category when it could have been in the good, people ran with the good category when it could have been in the bad, we only know the points presented...but still very interested in your reasoning. Thanks.

I realise my language is quite harsh, but as my frustration increases these days, so does my colourful language, it's a fact i'm working on changing, but that's where i'm at currently so i accept it.

Edited by gerbil

wow , lots of moralists around

gerbil, I imagine such a thread is what people with footbal fan mentality are waiting for so as to start parroting pro or anti pot shits.

anyway, noone knows what really happened, so why all this talk?

Because we are projecting what we think happenned onto the story based on what we believe and then getting angry with eachother as part of a self-discovery thing, as we only ever hate ourselves. lol, I am not stoned.

Gerbil, I noticed that too and wondered why.. the forum didn't have that feature a couple of years ago, and although I can see the usefulness of those kind of features in some theoretical world where everyone isn't a dickhead :), unfortunately given the nature of the internet I think it is far more likely to be abused by people who just don't like you or your opinion for some reason.

gerbil - Me???

Edit: Oh never mind, I see what you're talking about now. :blush:

Edited by synchromesh

Gerbil, I noticed that too and wondered why.. the forum didn't have that feature a couple of years ago, and although I can see the usefulness of those kind of features in some theoretical world where everyone isn't a dickhead :), unfortunately given the nature of the internet I think it is far more likely to be abused by people who just don't like you or your opinion for some reason.

T has figured out how to see who is voting, and there are now some rough consequences for voting particular people down, rather than the content of their posts.

• Like 1

dude everything you posted was fiction because we have only 1 sensationalized journo's report to go off.

and thats why i negatized your post, because as far as we know its completely wrong and your just on a high horse ranting garbage. its not a personal attack, its a way of saying "no i totally don't agree with anything you've typed in that post", without making it personal and typing this reponse (only since you ASKED for an explanation like a 12yr old who isn't in the cool group.

whats it matter if someone negatized you? it means re-read what you posted and take a think about it! It doesn't mean someone hates you...

its good to know about the rats in the shithouse ,something ill steer clear of thanks ;)

you guys wanna talk about child abuse have a look at the current birthing practices in place in almost all the hospitals in aus and america , and then the gp's prescribing chemical labotomys to new mums who are still breast feeding

bloody hell your goin off about a brownie ?? you guys got no idea lol

its good to know about the rats in the shithouse ,something ill steer clear of thanks ;)

you guys wanna talk about child abuse have a look at the current birthing practices in place in almost all the hospitals in aus and america , and then the gp's prescribing chemical labotomys to new mums who are still breast feeding

bloody hell your goin off about a brownie ?? you guys got no idea lol

OK so how the hell do you figure a FOUR year old can automatically handle a possibly potent cannabrownie? I even said I normally have no problems with MJ at all, yet a slice of special cake spun me out like rarely a smoke has. How do you think a four year old of unknown weight was going to handle a drug of unknown potency? YOU DON'T, neither would the sister, so why wouldn't the sister be on the safe side and take the little girl to hospital just to make sure she was OK?

No I didn't negatise your post either, but you're doing exactly what you're accusing others of; moralising a situation without ANY of us knowing the full story.

Yeah, brownies can definitely be potent. If you make them strong enough, they can put you on your arse for days.

CT maybe you should re-read my request post, I never said i felt hated (nor thought it) and don't see how i'm acting like a 12 year old, i was curious if it was just from a shit stirring perspective (as can be quite common) or if the person had a valid point. As said i'm very happy for it to stand, so given that it wasn't done to stir shit i've got absolutely no problem, hell if everybody else doesn't agree with it red it up, this isn't a popularity contest and i don't need people to agree with me.

I re-read my posts many many times and think about things far too much. The whole point in this situation was finding out why it is so i can take the issue on board and improve on it if I can see the point being raised, i.e. do they disagree with the whole post, part of it? etc.

As far as we know it could be wrong, as far as we know it could be right, can't see how the other camp is any better.

anyway thanks for the explanation, I will take it on board, but i don't appreciate the insults and know you are way off the mark with them that it isn't funny.

over and out.

it's quite natural that foreigners cannot use colloquial phrases very well, but I think

'beating a dead horse'

is pretty suitable for this thread, am I right?

• Like 1

asdassas

Edited by Teljkon

Why not just spin this the right way. If pot were legal and this happend it would be no diffrent than a kid getting into a bottle of tylenol or drinking a mikes har lemonade by accident take them too hospital and get a stomach pump done. since it is not legal the mother chose to hide it and let the kid get stoned as aposed to face down the police intrest it would have created. Hmm where is the real problem the mother or the system. Kids get into all kinds of shit all the time I could open childe proof caps at 7 it was very clearly explained to me that if you eat this stuff it will kill you at worst and at the least make you sick. The only way they found out that I could open child proof caps is I was eating vitaman c liked the tang. I had been eating it for a while at that point too. nuf about my child hood point is if she didnt go in for a stomach pump if it was legal then she should have these charges thrown at her. I do agree with the point that the system is only harming this girl and her mother though 7.5K of debt is not going to help a 21 year old single mother the time away from work to go to court etc etc burden burden barry burry burry. the sytem will whip you when your down and even harder when you die.

In this case I think both. If you can't be a responsible parent, don't be one at all. I wouldn't trust myself to be responsible for a child so I don't want to have one at this stage of my life. Who knows the future? I definitely think cannabis should be legalised with certain restrictions, but legal or not a 4yr old shouldn't be left to deal with potential physical and/or mental health issues just because the mother is afraid of repercussions. If the judge wants to let her off with parenting and drug classes then fine, I think that would be more appropriate - given what we know of the case - than just fining her and making both their lives more unbearable.

The Anna Wood case? If MDMA were legal her friends likely would have taken her to hospital when she obviously needed it, but despite it being illegal, I still think her "friends" should've helped her. Big difference between the two cases obviously as MDMA is not cannabis and Anna's friends were young teens themselves, and this woman is a mother.

If pot were legal and this happend it would be no diffrent than a kid getting into a bottle of tylenol or drinking a mikes har lemonade by accident take them too hospital and get a stomach pump done[/b

both are the same. both are cases of neglect.

just for the record, i baked a mull cake for my ex's sisters bday (shes never ever smoked) she had one slice and passed out an hr later.

her mum called an ambo as ses alergic to shellfish and thought she may have got some in the chinese. she was 18, so im thinking the effects of a potent brownie on a 4year olds health could be sketchy indeed. As has been said we dont have all the details.

All im trying to say, is that leaving drugs around within reach for kids to access, especially toddlers, is extremely neglectful, not to mention dangerous.

what if the kid had autism and the parent tried every medicine and only a very very mild brownie works?

you don't know, neither do i... so i save my judgement for what i do know.

yeah ur right.

alot more information and evidence would be required to formulate a decision as to what to do.

i was approaching the case hypothetically.

worst case scenario i dont think the child would be seperated from the mother.

i think maybee the mother would be offered the opportunity to attend a rehab which included a parenting course, whilst the child stayed with the sister/mother (it seems thay are carers of the child also)

on succesful completion i cant see why Dep Human Services wouldnt reunite the two, dependant on the mothers previous history.

At worst the mother would still be able to have supervised visits, until she got her shit together.

I think the mothers history of drug abuse, child abuse and neglect (of course if any) her mental stability and capacity will all come into the fore for Dept Human Services to base their decision.

Edited by incognito

I made a comment in post #20 of this thread that implied that incognito had consumed K while in the sole care of his child. This appears to have been based on a misunderstanding and I should have realised at the time and now that he would not do such a thing. I apologise to icognito for the any hurt this may have caused him.

not appears...was. but i take that as an apology and accept it. thankyou.

Edited by incognito