The Corroboree

an odd thing happened to a friend over the weekend.

he'd been reading 'nothing in this book is true but thats exactly how things are' by bob frissell and had been doing some of the meditations and breathing techniques in the book a few days prior. the techniques were instructions for activating one's merkaba which is an energy field that surrounds us that can apparently be used as a spaceship for interdimensional travelling.

merkabaspin.jpgmerkaba2gif.jpg

he ingested 1g of dried subs and purposely tried to do the techniques but things got a bit out of hand and distracting....after purging (where he specifically felt his throat chakra being cleared and cleansed) he decided to try some spice. he remembers going into a trance and looking at his hands. they began to multiply in front of his eyes. when he twinkled his fingers he could see magick energy coming from them (he had the intuitive understanding this is what it's like when magickians and shamans wave their hands around)....he spontaneously started making noises. he felt it was similar to this: alex_grey_visionary-origin-of-language_thumb1.jpg

each sound he made had a specific reaction and effect. he would emit long didgeridoo type sounds (he also felt that this is similar to the trance state that the didgeridoo player must enter after long periods) that would oscilliate and raise in frequency. all the while he was doing lots of different hand movements. those around him said it looked like he was flicking switches and plugging things in and then steering something. soon he realised that he had somehow created a merkaba and that by increasing the frequency of the tone he could increase the speed that he was travelling. he got the hang of it and spent about 10 minutes travelling, powered by the sounds generated from his throat chakra. as fun as it was he got a bit worried that he might not come back and slowed down the tone until he was back on earth.

There were times when the sounds resembled didgeridoos, synthesizers and tibetan throat singing and he believes

each one of those could be (and probably has been) used to achieve the same effect without the dmt.

He understood that this was similar to what happened to the Mckenna brothers during their la choerra experiement where they tried to fuse the mushroom frequency with their dna using vocal sounds. this is documented in the book 'true hallucinations'.

He also thinks that the mushrooms themselves were very special having been found on the grounds between a cemetary and a hospital. the 1g dose he had was much stronger than he had anticpated.

he is also open to the idea that the whole thing happened because he had been reading about Merkabas and doing meditations beforehand. obviously that influenced the content but he does not believe that he dreamed it up because of the things he had been reading. either way it was an amazing experience that he is keen to try again.

anyone else had experience with vocalisations in combination with DMT?

Edited by holymountain

Good work man. I'm glad others practice like this.

Yeh, but dmt is not even needed.I'm sure it helps. Sound was the first, yeh?

"and in the beginning there was nothing. And then god said.. "

Though this is stated in some way or other throughout many traditions.

I've played with the toltec model, reminds me similarly of this merkaba spaceship thing. I'll have to check it out.

I've played with talking in tongues for years. Its in our blood, strangely. I rememeber Grandad doing it. Pidgin English, instinctive sounds. The workers grunt. language of other times.

Singing and dancing are probably the most important aspects of a happy healthy life and mind that I could imagine. The most fun swim had, was with breath/mind/chant on lsd. He wants to get a nice persian rug, cos he reckons a few of those old 'majic carpet' secrets were revealed on that particular night :)

Sound was the first, yeh?

well i guess first was doing some breathing techniques and preparing mentally...it was the sound that operated the merkaba and gave it power. but i'm sure you could just start with sound...after all it incorporates breathing techniques with it.

there was a distinct feeling that it all starts with language or sound rather 'in the beginning was the word' etc. mckenna has a similar view believing that reality is made of language. the whole 'om' thing as well...that primordial tone and sound of creation.... without langauge to name things and seperate them it would all be one. without the name for 'table', 'chair', 'carpet' it would all be one.

He wants to get a nice persian rug, cos he reckons a few of those old 'majic carpet' secrets were revealed on that particular night

ha...yeah i've been on the lookout for a persian rug. we've got polished floor boards and a rug is definitely needed.

I meant, that possibly sound was the very first phenomenon in the universe.

Cos it was 'said', then it was 'light' :)

Freestyle rhyming, or playing with echoes of words is good.

Like, hike, trike, mike, pike, psych,

sick, pick, trick, lick,

luck, muck, puck, fuck, better yet, just channelling or automatic-writing..always, some order forms form the chaos. kinda like scrying bones or clouds.

and if u do it fast and long enough, knew formations of understanding emerge. Using overload teks to demand the mind take more info in, or creates new associations is one way iv heard that a person can get pretty advanced with telepathy stuff. Eventually, the words are retreat into such nonsense, that as we find even our own knew meanings.. one person can see the pictures and feelings that emerge for the other.

I did this tongues talking with mates once, and we also swapped clothes and mixed up our names. We broke out into group chant, and everyone stopped at once

when this incredible sound snapped through the atmosphere to hover like a presence only metres from our heads. We looked at each other and were like WTF, and then everything changed back.

Edited by mud

great stuff here, thanks for posting

yet to try my growing throat-singing abilities out there

I would tend to agree, sound is the start of everything but... not sound alone... vibration.

Very nice experiance, I notice when my body reaches a certain frequency i can easily have a OOBE, not to sure about this Merkaba for i can time travel and inter-dimensional travel with just a simple OOBE... But each culture likes to explain things differently merkaba sounds like something out of Kabbalah / Qabalah ?? First time i have heard about this "merkaba".

Do you really think its necessary or a simple astral projection with energy shields can do the same thing ?? :P

(no need to really answer this question it was more of a statement, fact :P, still nice to give a name to things ) Great topic for discussion.

-vual

Ezekiel-Vision-Merkaba-300x238.jpg

ezekiel-270x300.jpg

MerKaBa.gif

Edited by vual

Do you really think its necessary or a simple astral projection with energy shields can do the same thing ??

good question. i honestly have no idea. they could very well be the same thing. though i haven't had much experience with astral projection....nor much experience with a merkaba for that matter.

could be different methods to achieve the same thing. or the merkabah may be able to take you places astral projection cannot or vice versa.

i know very little about jewish mysticism, but i do think the tetrahedron is a versatile form, the first of the five platonic solids. notice the merkaba, aka diamond body, is not only made of two tetrahedron but forms eight miniature tetrahedron? especially noticeable in the above .gif

i don't know a lot about geometry either but maybe it could be viewed as a kind of platonic hyper-solid? a platonic solid has the same number of faces and vertices, in a sense this shape has eight vertices and eight three-dimensional faces. it might be interesting to see a geometrical analysis of this shape as a hyper-shape... which is really how i view the tetrahedron itself, but such perceptions are of course slightly or entirely beyond the perception of average minds (mine included obviously).

As far as I recall the merkaba is pretty much the star of david in 3d. The flower of life geometry and metatrons cube are all within this same geometric template, or lattice.. matrix .. thing. I think the tetrahedron is the simplest platonic solid (like the triangle) the first form to emerge beyond a 2d plane. The primary form, it's as if this geometry is the distilled form of forms out of which other forms more or less 'branch out' from. The seed of life --> flower of life...

Of course this geometry expands into higher dimensions, I'm not sure how you'd look at that, but perhaps just as this objects spatial forms have a certain "divine ratio", so too maybe its' temporal forms have certain divine intersections of vertices also. Maybe the idea of prophecy is to illustrate the geometry of time.

I suppose that the meditation on this form of forms, considering it is the 'divine' geometry, would align one to the source, the central point of awareness, that being the intersection of the two dualities as expressed by this particular geometry. The self and the other as one, that is divided into a divine duality.

I've got no real experience or knowledge of the merkaba, just throwing ideas out, sounds really interesting though, as does the kabbalah, interesting and worthwhile for sure!

I would tend to agree, sound is the start of everything but... not sound alone... vibration.

I think sound is vibration or vibration is sound or something like that but you can't have one without the other :lol: I agree with you about frequency....every thing has one, even a rock. What would a rock become if you could change it's frequency?

What an amazing experience holymountain....It got me thinking...if you had two psychonaut's in the same room... ingesting the same substance's....building the same merkaba...could they take the same trip together? What if you could ride the same vibrations together...If your looking for volunteers...I've been good :lol:

Be great if you just found the keys to a brand new space ship that you have some control over....just be careful you don't fry your brain....

this merkaba Sounds Amazing i have once done similar without notice whilst under the influence of lsd/sub tea and then after a minute or so i was strangely dissconnected only to be brought around by a mate but whilst this throat vibration which i at first associated with a didgeridoo i was playing with earlyer (the lovely local aboriginals had supplied) im goin to have to look into this merkaba, also that night my friend whom is indigenous and has vowed against lsd Sat Around and described what we our selves where feeling and was also showing the same symptoms as the other two people that had takin it, he is very open with the universe is it possible that he was tapping in to our vibes or something f the sort?

Reading this made me think:

Wouldn't there be "intention" before the sound?

Isn't the throat chakra about clearly expressing "yourself"?

How does it/did it get dirty in the first place?

What are and can there be sounds without intentions?

Wouldn't circular breathing/playing the didge be sustaining one long intention of the self and is this an oppurtunity to see what the quality of your intentions are?

Could plugging things in,switching things on and steering things (and making what sound like engine noises) simply be a regression back to a time when you used to play "broom brooms"?

cool story The Deb. sounds like your friend was certainly tapping into some vibes... although maybe you were tapping into some of his as well. next time a similar thing happens see if you can push it a little further.

hutch i'm working on trying to replicate the experience...just awaiting my nuts to inflate again. i guess for me that would be the ultimate way to verify that i was not just playing broom brooms. and in theory if i can replicate it others should be able to as well. seeing as i was only doing some meditations from a book (admittedly combined with some varieties rocket fuel) anyone should be able to give it a shot. i'll let you know if i can't find a companion.

Wouldn't there be "intention" before the sound?

yeah there would. but maybe the sound has to be made before the intention or thought can recognise that an intention has been made.... does that make sense?...e.g if we think about making a sound what the big deal unless there is actually a sound made? how can one verify that an intention has been made if there is no result from the intention?

Isn't the throat chakra about clearly expressing "yourself"?

is it?

How does it/did it get dirty in the first place?

i'll have to look into it more but i'm assuming you pollute your chakras the same way you pollute your body e.g shit food, shit habits, alcohol, smoke etc. but they are also susceptible to etheric pollution, negative thoughts, unintegrated experiences or repressed memories, psychic garbage etc . yoga, meditation etc clear the chakras.

What are and can there be sounds without intentions?

a fart may often occur without intention.

Wouldn't circular breathing/playing the didge be sustaining one long intention of the self and is this an oppurtunity to see what the quality of your intentions are?

i'm not sure why it would have to sustain one long intention? your mind can wander as your body operates. if i'm understanding your question? the whole point of the circular breathing would be to allow the mind to wander using the drone of the didgeridoo as a trance inducing tone as well as a vibrational vehicle without having to focus on breathing or stop for breath (which would break the trance).

Could plugging things in, switching things on and steering things (and making what sound like engine noises) simply be a regression back to a time when you used to play "broom brooms"?

possibly but i've experienced regression to childhood several times before and it was not similar to this in any way. i've had repressed memories relived and gone back to womb consciousness and a lot of the other jazz thats possible and i know what you are getting at but i guess you had to be there.

Edited by holymountain

There's stuff in Buddhism about "Cittas" and "Cetasikas" which are sort of like clusters of thought with particualr attributes. Intention is one of these and mindfulness can be directed at giving this your attention and doing some spring cleaning on your intentions. To my mind making a sound is a concious choice (most of the time)but sometimes this is stifled by elements in the environment for whatever reason consciously or unconsciously - it all ties in to superego/arbitrariness/customs/stepping on toes/etc. I'm pretty sure according to theories your throat chakra gets clogged by not venting or expressing what has been stifled (your honest opinion/perception) by this shit in your environment real or imagined.

Farting is more of a biological process than a conscious use of ones agency; admittedly you can "play" with it but it the sort of thing that you don't have any control over and I'm tipping trying to push the limit of control with it will damage you pretty hard.

With the didge my thinking is you're giving your conscious mind something hard-but-easy to keep watch over so, as you say, the other parts of your mind can wander. I'm a big fan of midfulness and I can only talk from the perspective of someone practicing it while playing the guitar but when your hands are kept busy from the watchtower of mindfulness you can see alot of whats getting filtered into what your hands are doing; you can spot things like your intentions/attachments/mental formations/etc. The cirular breathing wasn't really pertinent so to shift to my experiences with the guitar I've been working on seeing how long I can go just improvising over a beat and a bass line, while I do this I just sort of watch and it's not "my chess piece" playing i.e. my hunter/writer/worker/gatherer it's something more than that - it seems to me like you've tapped into this sort of experience where you dropped your chess piece with all its intentions and explanations and just let whats in there come out as energy/vibration/sound and cleaned a backed up throat chakra.

Have you read about past life regression, the Buddha reckons it;s possible (although I suspect its a useful story) and if consciousness evolved than in a past life we were free of names/labels and stuff: like you said in the previous post of yours about the chairs and tables and whatnot - unhibited and desireless/intentionless/pure being, to my mind, to reclaim balance if sullied wouldn;t "mince words" i.e. the vibrations it wants to get rid off in trying to do so.

Anyway, end of garble....

I wanted to mention a sutra/quote from the Buddha about building houses/explanations/plans:

The Buddha's first words after enlightenment were these: "Seeking but not finding the house builder, I traveled through the round of countless births. Oh, painful is birth ever and again! House builder you have now been seen. You shall not build the house again. Your rafters have been broken down; your ridge-pole is demolished too. My mind has now attained the unformed nibbana and reached the end of every kind of craving." (Dh. 153-54.)

I always think if that Oasis song, Roll With It I think it is, when I read this sutra.

very interesting post. nice to hear some buddhist perspectives. seems to make sense.

Having slept on it and thought some more I feel the need to say that building houses/giving labels and whatnot might be useful if your endgame or what or in it all for isn't nibbana/desireless/etc.

Floating your boat/leading the life you want to live in a categorized world might require some form of attachment to and conscious mastery over useful illusions/fabrications - to me the question is which of these do you need? - which ones are caging you in and which ones would set you free?.

yeah i think with society growing our chakra is being blocked constantly, unless we find a way to cleanse and disconnect from what we are taught.

With The didge IMO the circular breathing Is the main component without it you play it properly.

A trance? Yeah id call it that for sure even if you arent the one playing, tuning into it can produce a trance.

let me guess -- he came across "nothing in this book is true..." after hearing the song merkaba from the tool box set salival? the band members have also mentioned the merkaba in a few interviews. the art in that box set is great, mind you.

fuck i hate tool fans. these are exactly the obsessive lengths they'll go to to satiate their lust for tool.

i know, cos i am one myself, and i also bought the same book years and years ago tongue.gif

once upon a time, when i'd swallow any cool-sounding esoteric idea i came across, i believed in the mer-ka-ba. spirit-light-body. sounds cool, doesn't it?

you should read into the story behind drunvalo melchizedek, the founder/teacher of merkaba. and there's a similar concept called the vortexijah. ooooh, conflicting schools of thought regarding the use of your body as a transdimensional vehicle.

as an aside: on one of those sites there was this claim about being able to see your merkaba/vortexijah if you do light deprivation for about 10 days because your pineal gland becomes overractive. and everyone knows that the pineal is the seat of the soul cos of what descartes wrote. and i seriously considered doing it.

have no intention to now, tho apparently there's a light deprivation buddhist temple in thailand. i recently challenged a friend to this summer make his room pitch black and do light deprivation meditation for 10 days, and that i'd come and bring him food, and he accepted. maybe i'll ask him again.

i still like the sacred geometry in "nothing in this book is true.. " tho, was having a flick through it last week.

What an amazing experience holymountain....It got me thinking...if you had two psychonaut's in the same room... ingesting the same substance's....building the same merkaba...could they take the same trip together? What if you could ride the same vibrations together...If your looking for volunteers...I've been good :lol:

Yes they can, and yes its done, and you dont need to be in the same room, just arrange a time and a spot to meet in astral form, i was once part of a community that would meet up at "the libary" once a week to share lessons, back when lucid dreaming was the thing to do.

You and you friend can meet at a point in time were a idea is formed, Draw a image, photocopy it and pass it to your friend in separate rooms in separate towns both meditate on the image at the same time, if you are proficient in astral projection then you will probably y understand better but try it it works. its 400% more easy for a novice to complete such feasts when you enter your astral body form within a lucid dream instead of trying to control vibrations from a semi awake trance.....

What is interesting is that the merkaba dosnt show a ethereal cord attached to the main body, this could prove it being something different, no life cord.

nor does everyone report that they perceived a cord attached to their astral body

ha. yes he was a tool fan. not so much now but dug them in highschool. honestly though he read the Frissel book unaware that it contained information on Merkabas. Until he read the book he actually had no idea what a Merkaba was. He had heard the track before and it is quite a psychedelic journey in itself.

interesting info regarding light deprivation and the pineal gland. always wanted to try something like that but never had a spare ten days with which to do it.

so what came along and burst your bubble regarding believing in this stuff?

ever tried similar methods to those listed above?

my friend may try for a repeat of the experiment sometime this weekend. will let everyone know how it goes.

I can vouch for 2 people in the same trip but i was using a rather nasty Rocket Fuel But Yes me and The Other Person involved Both described the same glowing ball of ?????? and the same rollercoaster of electric lights and we did this several times All spaced apart but we both discribed almost exactly the same things but it is hard when both minds are llooking out for something different but of the 5 things i asked 4/5 where the same to him.. ok well i knew paint was bad for me but i knew it would have been worse in a built in robe...we did this for two days before i started to show some signs of neglect towards my body...ive always had kinda like a spritual power booster in my head even when im pissed off i find people around struggle to think clearly and look dazed and confused...I would love to Do a ten day Meditation..

Edited by The Deb-One-Amine

.I would love to Do a ten day Meditation..

Me too but I doubt I would have the discipline...

Reminds me of the book by Desmond Leslie where he talks about ancient vedic texts describing beings controlling flying machines with voice/sound.

Kinda makes sense that the human voice potentially has this power given the location of the throat chakra: above the heart. ie. I'd assume a certain level of development and balance of the lower chakras is necessary first before this potential is realised.

(As for me - just the usual throat clearing first thing in the morning blink.gif)