The Corroboree
nabraxas

Stop Drinking Bottled Water Now!

Some good points raised. Bottled water costs alot more as well.

I'm used to my local tap water and only drink that. After travelling around recently to numerous contries I did find some of the water extremely unpalatable and wanted a neutral tasting drink. I had to go with bottled stuff.

I just don't like the chemicals that are added to our tap water. Filter water you say?, If you are not vigilant with your filter changes, then you are worse off. I was buying bottled water for a while to see if i felt any better, but after 6 months ,i came to the conclusion that i felt the same so have gone back to tap water. When i am motivated i boil water for drinking. If water bottles are to be banned as they are not environmentally friendly, then lets get rid of the bottles that contain fizzy drink and sports drinks as well.

This is a good vid to watch in regards to bottled water suppliers

. But what about distilled water that can be bought in supper markets though?

I have an article here from a book called 'Fit For Life' by Harvey & Marilyn Diamond,

"...If you wish to drink water, you should drink distilled water if it's available. mountain spring water is not ideal for the human body, because it contains inorganic minerals that the human body can neither use nor precipitate out. These inorganic minerals tend to hook up with cholesterol in the system and form a thick plaque in the arteries. Distilled water does not have this effect. When you eat a piece of fruit or a vegetable, you are consuming distilled water. The minerals are taken from the soil, the plant distills them, and then you consume them. You may have heard that distilled water leaches minerals from the body. That is partially true. The minerals that are leached by distilled water are the inorganic minerals that the body cannot use. The effect therefor, is healthful. Distilled water will not leach organic minerals that have become part of the structure of the cell system. Once a mineral has become part of the cell structure, it cannot be leached."

Thanks for the post 'nabraxas' good read!

peace.

*edit* I still don't agree with any water thats been bottled, anything thats been kept in a plastic coating can't be good for us.. not in the small run so much, but if your drinking the shit every day...

fyde.

Edited by fydesvindico

I just don't like the chemicals that are added to our tap water....

ALL bottled water contains N,N-dimethylhydroxylamine leached out of the plastic. As that its leached from the plastic and not added to the water before bottling it doesnt have to be tested for human toxicity as a food additive. Bottled water industry points to test tube tests which seem to indicate its safe to life thats exposed to it for an hour or a few days, but people are drinking it every day while not living in test tubes. There are multiple possible routes for N,N-dimethylhydroxylamine to become far more toxic than it already is including becoming carcinogenic and damaging to the heart.

So essentially bottled water is tap water with an extra potential poison added, which you have to pay for the privilege of being exposed to.

I prefer to make healthy non-sugared teas to stay hydrated with, they disguise any mineral taste to water and add things good for health.

Edit: plastic-bottle soda has that chem too... and the switch from cans/glass to plastic in soda and water largely overlaps with increases of leukemia, obeisity, and ADHD :unsure:

Edited by Auxin

ALL bottled water contains N,N-dimethylhydroxylamine leached out of the plastic.

I am aware of the nasties that can leach out of plastic but was under the impression that it was upon the break down of the plastic, so i didn't/don't refill plastic bottles over and over again. I have recently invested in some stainless steel water bottles for the kids to take to school. (soon they will say that stainless steel is bad for you too.) AHH ,what a crazy world we live in, dammed if we do and dammed if we don't.

wacko.gif

Edited by Amazonian

The water here in sa is death. It tastes like a reptillian conspiracy to dumb me down with whatever the fuck is in there to give it such a nasty taste.

I love the taste of mineral water!!

Anyway, fluoride conspiracy theories and mostly just the taste of tap water have me going into town every couple weeks to fill up a few litres of water for a few quid off the coca-cola company. I fill up a few plastic piccadilly bottles ... :unsure:

They seem to get access to our purest water so they can sell it back as their dirty product, Or we can deal with either their nasty plastic bottled water or the even nastier tasting tap water... at least they've given us the privilege to buy some of our nice water back from us, for much cheaper than bottled in supermarkets too.

...anyway talking about the fluoridated tap water conspiracy theories people say,

"If the reptillians really do own everything, wouldn't they also be poisoning your bottled water and the stuff you drive to town to get? That is the coca cola company right?"

-and they make a good point.

So the best options would be boiling (I don't see how this would remove my fluoride goodness though) or buying distilled water.... or drinking fresh home made fruit juice / smoothies... mm yum.

Edited by The Dude

I am aware of the nasties that can leach out of plastic but was under the impression that it was upon the break down of the plastic

Depends on the plastic, PETE bottles (like individual size water/soda bottles) leach N,N-DMH right away and its what gives bottled water that funky ass smell that 2/3 of people cant seem to smell.. in the case of PETE older reused bottles leach less nasties, I'll admit I use an aged 750 ml one for tea when lawn mowing.

HDPE seems to be the least offensive from what I can tell.. thats the stuff that makes gallon milk/distilled water jugs.

With polycarbonate (like those rock hard transparent beverage travel bottles and baby bottles) they leach out bisphenols only after the bottle starts aging and/or is washed a few times or left in the sun. Bisphenols are cancer causing pseudo-estrogens (whys it in baby bottles! Maby we'll get lucky and instead of causing leukemia it'll just turn baby boys into gay emos when they grow up).

emo-twinks-action.jpg

Is running a solar still for water considered tax evasion yet in australia?

Edited by Auxin

So the best options would be boiling (I don't see how this would remove my fluoride goodness though)

Maybe its psychological but i feel its better for me.

I fill colored glass bottles up with cooled boiled water and leave them in the sun for an hour ( solarized water) and the vibration of the color is meant to enter the water. Then drink. Also there is a technique where you write a message on the water bottle like, love, calm, etc... and these vibrations are also meant to enter the water.

Any way back to Plastic water bottles. Rain water carries pollution, well at least in the beginning of a downpour , ( i think) . Collecting rain water from some roofs will have contaminates also. Maybe put a large stainless steel (?) tub in the back yard to collect mid stream rain. What is the solution ?

My point being tap water is bad and bottled water is bad , so what are our options?

Edited by Amazonian

What gets me most about bottled water is the fact that it costs more than petrol. (superficial of me I know, but still ...)

i live very close to coca-colas biggest ausralian well, they pull a fucking ridiculous amount out of our local ancient & unique sandstone filtered aquifer.. i don't know enough of the particulars to go into detail but if you're interested in finding out what that means i recommend looking it up

er found some stuff which could lead to some interesting info? http://www.sydneyalternativemedia.com/id181.html

Don't collect rainwater from your roof. There are chemicals in shingles and lead flashing around windows and chimneys will contaminate your water. As far as collecting rainwater in an open environment it still needs to be filtered as rain collects dust, bugs, pollution on the way down. It is still probably more healthy for you than the chemicals that are used in plastic bottles.

hmm I just spent 3 months in India and never once saw a public bin...I really am not sure what households do for waste disposal?

every food place offers "mineral vater sir?" (meaning bottled water, which is usually a Pepsico product) because they know a westerner/middle-class indian will get sick/be upset about getting sick, or at least, be worried they might get sick. the price is stamped on the bottle, so it is one item where you'll never be over charged, unless it's mumbai. i hate chilled water, so i loved that in india they offer "cold or plain". i had to drink minimum 2 litres per day

i assume i will look like a retard here when i ask for plain water. why is it that Aussie men need a neoprene stubbie holder so their beer can doesn't freeze their hand, yet they are willing to pour icy cold liquid down their esophagus?

back to india -- plastic bottles accumulate on the road side, like dead rats & frogs in the open storm water drain-ways, and when the heaping tower is big & stinking & toxic & next-to-a-hospital enough, some intelligent person will come along at night and set the thing alight

awesome gay emos pic, lol

Edited by coin

I'll admit I use an aged 750 ml one for tea when lawn mowing.

:scratchhead:

Is this some kind of drug euphemism, or do you really have a special bottle that you use to drink tea when lawnmowing?

:lol: I really have a special bottle that I use to drink tea when lawnmowing. Its got one of those twisty suck-me caps and its lasted 2 years now and looks like it'll survive 4. My previous bottle lasted 2 years too but what killed it was I forgot it outside for a few days after drinking juice and it filled with black mold :puke:

So I drink one bottle of bottled water every 2-4 years, lol

Is running a solar still for water considered tax evasion yet in australia?

No but newly constructed dams/ringtanks for collection of rainwater are to be taxed as that is rainwater that the Gov't will want to sell back to us. It is at least being talked about, fortunately I bought a property with a big dam. We cant put bores down with out a license, cant build actchments [dams] next will be rainwater tanks taxed for what they catch. I don't know why the worlds populations don't just band together and ban government fuck-ups and big corporations, we should have a system where if they try to fuck the people over once they are outed and than we can fuck them off to the desert or something - ASSholes.

Edited by dworx

Even when you think you own your little piece of paradise for a while... You are wrong, the government think they own it ,and tell you what you can and cant do. That really gets my goat up.

Guest svarg26

i am an organic vegan and i would drink bottled water over tap water any day of the week. luckily i have the mount lofty spring nearby and get it straight from the source. like everything in life, do your own research. not all bottled water is produced by evil corporations and not all bottles leech chemicals. as always, read labels and get informed. which doesn't include watching corporate shills, like penn and teller, tell you what to think.

as the original post states, water is humanities most precious resource... I'd argue that it's about more than just humanity.. but I will try and stay fairly succinct in this post!

I'm getting really jack of people whinging about water here in Australia. I'd like to see some of us popped into a township in Africa - or India, (as mentioned about) for a little while and see how we cope without ON TAP FRESH WATER. I wonder what it would feel like to filter our water, that we are sharing with a herd of cattle, (who are also shitting, pissing and dying in it) through some of our clothing to get the big chunks out - then carrying it for an hour or more... then boiling it... and still getting sick from it. Sick to the point of watching your children DIE and not being able to do anything for them cause we are to poor :BANGHEAD2::ana:

I must have a low pain threshold, I'm getting angry.

Anyhow, back to bottled water - Bundanoon banned it so they could get more public bubblers and ended up getting famous for it, (ripped from smh http://www.smh.com.au/environment/water-issues/bundanoon-water-ban-may-have-hurt-industrys-bottle-line-20100702-zu5c.html)

We do have the power to change things people... don't get all, "oh the mighty government or organisation has got us over a barrel" now. Fight for your rights !!!!

:uzi:

Edited by meanies

Guest svarg26

i hope the water filters are reverse osmosis, otherwise they are still getting poisoned with fluoride. http://members.iimetro.com.au/~hubbca/fluoride.htm

"In an "Address in Reply to the Governor's Speech to Parliament", Mr. Harley Rivers Dickinson, Liberal Party Member of the Victorian Parliament for South Barwon, Australia [in Australia, parliamentarian Mr. Harley Dickenson raised the issue in the Victorian Legislative council, which is recorded in the official Hansard report on August 12th, 1987] made a statement on the historical use of fluorides for behaviour control.

Mr. Dickinson reveals that,

"At the end of the Second World War, the United States Government sent Charles Elliot Perkins, a research worker in chemistry, biochemistry, physiology and pathology, to take charge of the vast Farben chemical plants in Germany. While there, he was told by German chemists of a scheme which had been worked out by them during the war and adopted by the German General Staff.

"This scheme was to control the population in any given area through mass medication of drinking water. In this scheme, sodium fluoride occupied a prominent place.

"Repeated doses of infinitesimal amounts of fluoride will in time reduce an individual's power to resist domination by slowly poisoning and narcotising a certain area of the brain, and will thus make him submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him.

"Both the Germans and the Russians added fluoride to the drinking water of prisoners of war to make them stupid and docile."

it seems like everyone that drinks tap water, believes the government is there to help us. the word zombie, springs to mind.

• Like 2

Is that why people remain skeptical of governments, continue to educate themselves, start campaigns against things they don't like, make music, paint paintings..... if fluoride was such a powerful zombification chemical then I doubt any of this would be happening - I am not arguing that there is P lenty about our world that needs change... but please.

We get the government we deserve. If you want a different one get active. Don't be a victim.

Guest svarg26

you're right mate. who needs to worry about the thousands of laws passed every year that no one even knows about? or cares about in your case. just pay your taxes and master the art of sarcasm and everything will be ok. freedom is not something that can be given to you. real freedom comes from within. i live off the grid, almost completely self sufficient. i don't play the game anymore. i just sit back these days and watch the freaks, acting like their uni degrees mean something.

you're a crack up mate. you've got me in stitches. just cast your vote in a two party system and pretend that it mattered.

you said "We get the government we deserve". no mate, you've got it all wrong. i don't vote. you got the government you deserve. i hope you like it.

• Like 1

dammit... I composed a lovely post just for you svarg but I lost it.

In short it said that I love you man and its awesome that you live off the grid. I'm not going to argue with you about how powerless I am because I live as part of a regional community - nor how powerless I am because I choose to vote.

post-3725-128113640657_thumb.gif

:wave-finger: <-- sorry bout that svarg. I'm usually a lovely person who doesn't flip the bird at anyone.

Edited by meanies

Bisphenols are cancer causing pseudo-estrogens

...seems like the mass feminization of males is very widespread , I stopped eating chicken and drinking milk as they're full of estrogens . They seek to keep the male weak and the female weaker, and the brainwashing kids get off telly ? man emo kids are so not cool lol

"Repeated doses of infinitesimal amounts of fluoride will in time reduce an individual's power to resist domination by slowly poisoning and narcotising a certain area of the brain, and will thus make him submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him.

"Both the Germans and the Russians added fluoride to the drinking water of prisoners of war to make them stupid and docile."

nice one svarg26

something water related / cross-connection mix up sees new homes hooked up to sewerage:

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2010/02/02/184221_gold-coast-news.html