The Corroboree
mud

Some mushroom tripping distinctions

whast the shroom all about?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, its not the best poll. Just a few things iv been thinking about lately :)

Wondering what others believe.

Nah man it's a good poll. They're the same sort of questions i've been thinking about lately also. You can easily be accused of being a hippy when you suggest the mushrooms are conscious..but they are lol. The closest i've ever been to a 'God conscious' was with shrooms. And it was during that experience that i understood the mushrooms were alive and aware. And every chance they get they will try their hardest to teach us something while they have the time.

Regarding their agenda, i really got the overwhelming sense they were slowly slowly guiding us along a path for the better. The feeling that it was all something huge and they were in no rush, but it's all ok lol.

I feel safe and happy knowing they love us and shit like that! They're incredible spirits!

cheers

Edited by Yawning Man

nice questions, maybe you should have thought up more answers to each question though, so as to avoid the black & white mentality this poll obviously radiates.

I cannot answer to most of them because I don't have a decent answer to choose.

pS: in this question, f.e.

Does the mushroom have its own consciousness?

I would answer both

---> Yes, the mushroom is sentient

---> No, thats just some pile of chemicals there

while the other question about fear and paranoia is such a big issue the available replies doesn't do it justice...

Edited by mutant

answer to all questions is i don't know.

they're my friends though. full praise.

good idea for a bit of research... but I couldn't tick a box on each question: therefore I can't add my thoughts... perhaps adding a, 'both of the above are true for me' would be a good idea? I wanna participate and help but as the questionnaire stands I can't dammit!

post-4908-12795457769_thumb.jpg post-4908-127954581468_thumb.jpg

n100000775466974_392.jpg

26764_402690767648_506467648_3784126_5851634_n.jpg

n100000775466974_392.jpg

26764_402690767648_506467648_3784126_5851634_n.jpg

Don't take drugs they are all really really bad for you those psychedelics drugs can turn your mind into a vegetable soup, when you take them they cause really small explosions in your brain and this is what makes you see things that aren't really there...it's very dangerous and kills lots of people.

^^^ :blink:

Where's that quote from, Chiral?

I know this is a bit of overthinking...

but if you wanted proper quantitive data it would be better to list it as a

'How strongly do you believe .... mushroom spores came from space and through ingestion we learnt art/language.' and have a sliding scale from 1-5. Otherwise a simple 'Do you believe .... ' would suffice. However proper quantitive data would require a more standardized population, asking spiritual questions in a spiritual forum will tend to only get one sort of answer. Whether you're simply after confirmation of your beliefs I dunno but I guess mutant has a big enough mouth to speak for every non-believer out there.

Right now the questions are pretty loaded and although I did answer some, they are definately not the answers i'd give if someone asked the same question.

I personally believe mushrooms are indeed using us to further their own agenda which is basically the same agenda as all living things... live long and prosper!

Interesting thread though... one i guess i'll have to give a bit more thought to before I post another reply.

I'll just say it's very hard to think scientifically about things I subjectively experience.

Edited by Distracted

The poll is a nice platform for discussion, dont you think?

If the options are no good,

simply feel free to continue to post your own thoughts on the matter..

Edited by mud

yeah i think they are fine questions. obviously a little black and white but you get the idea. a good platform for discussion indeed....

1. it's both. as above so below.

2. both again. to some it's just chemicals...but our brains are just chemicals too if you look them with those reductionist sunglasses. if we have consciousness i find it only linear to assume that mushrooms would too. why wouldn't they?

3. they are very helpful. it's in their best interests to see that we become evolved, kind beings...otherwise their homes will be destroyed and their planet will turn to shit. as for some of the other beings that one might encounter in a mushroom journey...they seem to have agendas all of their own.

4. they aren't essential parts...but if they pop up you need not worry as they are pretty common and may lead to beneficial changes. if you aren't slightly worried at the start then you have balls of steel or you haven't had enough.

I guess mutant has a big enough mouth to speak for every non-believer out there.

lol :rolleyes:

a being can be sentient without necessarily having an 'advanced' consciousness & self-awareness like humans.

oh, and all beings have an agenda, but it need not be very complex, like humans agandas

Edited by mutant

I cant answer, i have to say yes to every answer there... multiple personality disorder?

I go to tick one box but then the other box makes more sense so i tick it but then i read the first box again and it makes even more sense .......

Nice construction of the questions!