The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Xochipilli Heimia

So I was thinking- just why is Heimia on the xochipilli statue?

In 20 years of research no ones been able to reproducibly make Heimia into an hallucinogen, and its not that strong of an intoxicating drug.

Tobaccos on there too, while shamans do use high doses alone its not really a hallucinogen.

Perhaps the statue is tips about things that work good together. There is one erowid report combining Heimia with mushrooms, but he also mixed in other stuff, it sounded interesting tho.

So does anyone know just what Heimia will do to a mushroom experience?

I disagree. Heimia has been shown to be overtly psychoactive.

Xochipilli statute does not nessecerily shown psychchedelic plants, but psychoactives and entheogens.

I found heimia to be strongly psychoactive as well, I thought it was on the statue because it is a bit of a teacher plant ...it tends to exagerate my feelings and thoughts, allowing one to become more aware of there 'beliefs, percepts and body'. I think it is more valuable than many etheogens for a light buzz to assist with mediatation or general contemplation.

I really think it earnt it's place, as I hold it in higher esteem than tobacco, which is also on the statue. And it has a similar nature (not effect) to salvia which is on the statue.

Ok, I may have worded that poorly, so even if it holds enough distinction to be valued highly on its own the possibility still exists that the specific plants on the statue could be there as a suggestion of compatible entheogens, like 'hey, you can mix-and-match these guys'. Mushrooms are on there and they certainly are highly valued alone, but can be taken with other things including tobacco or morning glory each for a distinct combination effect.

Hence my question: does anyone know just what Heimia will do to a mushroom experience?

same as it does with most entheogens.....approx 3x potentiation and changes it to a heimia type experience....the former i have witnessed and the later i assume from other interactions.....the former involving only about 2grams equivalent of brewed heimia and one gram dried fruits.

t s t .

maybe we just dont know how they used/prepared it ?maybe such knowledge is just lost?

one of the ingredients of the little smoke was a plant whose description seems to fit heimia.after picking it was hung up to wilt ,in the shade though.

t s t .

Little smoke? Carlos Casanatda?

Heimia is AMAZING when combinded with mushrooms!

Yup teotz, thatd be Castaneda. Thanks for the report :)

... keep in mind, tst, where Castaneda was. That was the sonoran desert or thereabouts. Hot days, intense sun, and low humidity. If you put heimia in the sun in those conditions it'll dry instantly. Its almost like that where I'm at, today was 32*C and 15% humidity and I cant heap ferment in the sun, it'll get a little sweet smelling wilted in the shade and only gets good if sunned in a plastic bubble.

I need to re-read Castaneda, I cant remember the part where he actually described making fumito.

i sun treat at 40ish degrees,no probs?

and in winter i just dont bother.

t s t .

:scratchhead: well assuming your RH is around 6% at 40C like here maybe its simply a issue of quantity, mine never grow very big. Or maby I'm just too picky about making it pump out the sweet smell :lol:

there seems to be seasonal variation in heimia.the sweet smell can be there before picking in midsummer,so maybe sun curing is not needed then?it does have a green tone too when fresh and sundrying still seems to improve the sweetness while the green tone disappears.

t s t .

moses was using a branch about 8 to 10cm long straight off the plant for relief from a very painful neck/tension problem.

lublingual/chewed.

but come autumn he found it no longer worked.....

t s t .

It doesn't matter where castaned said he was because he don't know if it's true. But the recipee might be real tough ;)

good thread

Edited by mutant

moses was using a branch about 8 to 10cm long straight off the plant for relief from a very painful neck/tension problem.

lublingual/chewed.

but come autumn he found it no longer worked.....

t s t .

the effects can still be obtained but 4 to 5 times more plant material is needed.

if i've woken with fucked neck i just quid heimia and about 30 min later i get a wave of relaxment(very subtle) through my body.

i then find i can relax the muscles in my neck and can usually have a good day.(before heimia i used valium)

the quid is startd at approx 6:30am and spat out at morn smoko 10:15am.

I wonder if it makes much difference if harvested before or during flowering? Does anyone know when it was traditionally harvested, time of year (season), time of day? Are brews that contain flowers and / or seed stronger or different than brews containing leaves only?

just as an aside i was playing with heimia separations and was surprised to end up with a heap of large squarish reddish xtals.some heimia effects but not any fraction that seems of great use by itself.

t s t .

I saw the actual Xochipilli statue recently on display at the Getty museum in Los Angeles. It was awesome. I ried to take a picture but a guard told me not to so I put the camera away.

Back in the day, if you mixed 1:1:1 Hemia:Calea:Salvia something quite marvelous happened. Weaker in some ways than the 3rd one alone, but much more interesting than many things known....

adding other entheogens to the later usually gives a less weird, more normal experience.

t s t .

Yup teotz, thatd be Castaneda. Thanks for the report :)

... keep in mind, tst, where Castaneda was. That was the sonoran desert or thereabouts. Hot days, intense sun, and low humidity. If you put heimia in the sun in those conditions it'll dry instantly. Its almost like that where I'm at, today was 32*C and 15% humidity and I cant heap ferment in the sun, it'll get a little sweet smelling wilted in the shade and only gets good if sunned in a plastic bubble.

I need to re-read Castaneda, I cant remember the part where he actually described making fumito.

I think humito was added from last years collection stored in a clay vessel.......gotta get reading again :rolleyes:

fruits and plants were all aged for a year,fruirs in a sealed earthen ware vessel, and then mixed after a year.

80% fruits and 20% a mix of 4 or 5 different plants.

just leaving the fruit to decompose[?] and be somewhat eaten by the maggotty bugs apparently does give a more active smoke.

and if it was azure potency[say 4x stronger]......and heimia or other potentiators....

t s t .