The Corroboree
Chiral

Wall E

Just watched this film on cable and well I have to say it's one of the best films I've ever seen to be honest.

It has everything for the ethnobot tripper, DMT/acid style visuals, a great story, some seriously funny humor about humans and how lazy we are/could be, plus, and this is the biggest turn on for this film...the sound is just to die for..WOW just WOW, I'm a huge critic when it comes to film sound and choices for different sounds and effects but this is way cool and totally refreshing, the synth sounds are mind blowing when you listen to them through a good sound system.

trippy, fun, perfect story(the plant) and sound to die for....wub.gif

so this film gets well 10 out 10 for me. clap.gif

watch it and you will have to agree.

Yeah, that robot is sooooo sweet. :blush: The funny thing is that the robot and the love story makes it appear a lot more human than most real people in recent blockbuster movies.

Have you seen "UP" yet, Hunab? Its a very lovely and warm film too. I cant remember that a computer generated movie had ever moved me like that one.

Yeah, that robot is sooooo sweet. :blush: The funny thing is that the robot and the love story makes it appear a lot more human than most real people in recent blockbuster movies.

Have you seen "UP" yet, Hunab? Its a very lovely and warm film too. I cant remember that a computer generated movie had ever moved me like that one.

yeah it's like a love story done in DMT or sumthin, so sexy and groovy, I fell in love with EVE... :blush:

well come on she has everything I want in partner.

not seen "UP' I don't go looking for films to be honest, they seem to come to me eventually and I like that ride as it feels more natural but I will certainly keep an eye out for it, cheers EG.

Edited by Chiral

magazine13.jpg

I loved it too.

Im not much of a movie buff/critique but i found it did well at playing with your emotions. Though ive often found that with 'kids' movies.

:wub:

Sucked- big time

Slow, boring & predictable. Not even the quality animation could save it.

Overhyped in my opinion, my eldest liked it but I think my 2 y/o found it a little slow & went off to play.

Seemed to me they were just showcasing their confangled wizadry & at the heart was just a slow soppy love story.

Realy liked UP.

I liked it how a plant was the most important thing of the movie.

UP was full on. I think it's the first movie I've ever seen in my life where I cried in the first ten minutes. Man... these aren't kid's movies anymore. Wall-E was excellent as well.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

have long been into animation.watching 'kids' stuff all my life.it is the cutting edge story wise,depicting what is too hard to do in real life.

just getting into 'the legend of enyo'.a nice childrens shamanic story.surfing on floating islands on the weekend!that would be cool!were those floating worlds invented by roger dean or preceeding him.maybe from ukio[sp?], a japanese term,ref 'jade warrior'!saturday channel 7 about 11.00.....

check out 'the cosmic eye' and allegro non troppo ,the italian fantasia.....still love much of fantasia ....

t s t .

i'll put my hand up & admit to seeing Wall-E at the cinema w/the Mrs....we both thoroughly enjoyed it...soo much better than Avatar, now there was a film that sucked big time.

i loved it!

was a great lovestory between the 2 robots, i remember i almost shed a tear in some stages.

Haven't seen wall-e will have to check it out. Haven't seen avatar yet either but we've got it sitting here to watch, I tend to just miss lots of what goes on in popular culture these days... I've kinda given up on being cool and pretending I know anything about whats in or not - yeah, I'm not a teenager anymore - couldn't help but be bombarded with all the hype that surrounded avatar though... isn't it supposed to be 3d or something?

anyhow, thanks for the review chiral :lol:

check out ... allegro non troppo ,the italian fantasia....."

Now... THIS was my absolute favourite movie as a kid, alongside "Yellow Submarine". My old man used to let us watch one of these flicks on special occasions. Um... in hindsight, I guess I was kind of destined to become a psychonaught. I was a massive Beatles fan in primary school and knew I wanted to be like John Lennon and try LSD someday. In fact, my wishful thinking was that I was Lennon re-incarnated. Pretty disappointed when I realized I was born a few years before he got shot.

As for Allegro, I don't know which is the best segment... Afternoon of the Fawn or the Bollero? Man, just thinking about it I want to watch it again. Thanks for the reminder TST. Anyone who hasn't seen it, check the foreign film section of your video store to see if they've got it.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

...and the links, for anyone interested:

Afternoon of a Faun from Allegro Non Troppo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRwIrZ1NSiQ

The Firebird from Allegro Non Troppo (for all you religious folk out there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdPKvTq40EE&feature=related

Edited by Rabaelthazar