The Corroboree
FancyPants

Frozen caapi

In a purely hypothetical situation, if one had frozen B. caapi stems, is the quantity measured for a single Aya brew (with 20g acacia phyllode) the same as fresh weight?

What would be your hypothetical amount to put into the single dose brew for let's say I dunno, an around 55kg person?

Thanks in advance and yes I have looked in Search and google...

I would think that fresh and frozen weights would be the same, providing the stems haven't accumulated ice.

Not sure about your other question though, but diameter would undoubtedly make a difference. How thick are these theoretical stems?

just be aware that you may need a fair amount of THAT acacia, viridis may be better and cleaner...also brew the leaves separately and add egg white to the acacia brew to remove tannins and other nasties.

In other words, warm water on stove, throw leaf in with a little acid...stew for a while, strain leaf matter out and return liquid to stove again...now just crack in some egg white only and gently..very gently stir the eggwhite around and notice it taking up the tannins etc...watch and sing icaro's as you gently with say a wooden spoon fold the egg whites through the liquid gently...strain again, maybe using a paper toowel inside a strainer to get any tiny bits of egg etc...then collect the liquid.

Use same method for caapi brew, dose caapi brew first, 30 mins then acacia brew...around two handfuls of caapi leaf n young vine should be just right.

caapi brew on it's own.

"light" brew can have many little add mixtures..shroom bits, carth leaf, calea leaf, viridis leaf, tiny pinch of brug leaf, strips of acacia bark and even yopo seeds..cebil etc.

enjoy.

With the Caapi only brew, how long does the MAOI effect last? Would it be safe to consume foods containing tyramine 24hours after?

Harmaline, harmine and tetrahydroharmine are reversible MAOI's.

The tyramine contraindication is largely internet mythology.

It appears safe to consume bananas, avocados, cheese, red wine, coffee and chocolate within the 24hr period for rue and caapi MAO inhibition.

1mL of water weighs the same, solid or liquid.

Nice to see someone coming clean on Acacia phyllodes as admixture. All the information is apparently on here if you use the fucking search engine, but I haven't found much solid.

Edited by MORG

Have fun!!! hypothetically of course.

Edited by rahli

1mL of water weighs the same, solid or liquid.

Not really true. 1mL of water ice weighs less than 1mL of liquid water.

Thanks everyone! It appears the hypothesis is taking a bit longer than expected, further study tomorrow before results will be known.

Diameter wise about 8-12mm.

Not really true. 1mL of water ice weighs less than 1mL of liquid water.

don't you rather mean 1cm3 of ice weighs less than 1cm3 of water?

1ml of water weights the same whether frozen or liquid [although admittedly 1ml of ice does not weight the same, but then again ml is a measure of liquid volume not solid volume].

Well, it's all semantics anyway, but semantics can be important, so...

Water is the substance H2O. It can exist in solid form and liquid form (among others). Therefore, 1mL of water can have a different mass depending on which form it is in when you measure its volume. Although litres are more commonly used to refer to liquids and m^3 to solids, a unit of volume is a unit of volume. Meaning, allowing for conversion, they are interchangeable. If you take a mL of liquid water and freeze it, it will weigh the same when solid as it did when liquid (ignoring e=mc^2 :shroomer:), but it is no longer a mL, so it is imprecise to say that a mL of water weighs the same in both liquid and solid form.

That's what I'd tell my students anyway. B)

It may be good to brew double at least what you think and re dose 40min to an hour later, brewing the maoi and other part together means you don't have to worry about lack of maoi inhibition when re dosing. Apart from that, what chiral said..

If you take a mL of liquid water and freeze it, it will weigh the same when solid as it did when liquid (ignoring e=mc^2 :shroomer:), but it is no longer a mL, so it is imprecise to say that a mL of water weighs the same in both liquid and solid form.

But Morg never mentioned a ml of solid! He only mentioned a ml of liquid that may THEN be found in solid form or liquid form.

ie, he did not say a "1ml of water = 1 ml of ice". He said 1ml of water is the same weight no matter what you do to it.

Here is his quote:

"1mL of water weighs the same, solid or liquid"

Or to keep it less convoluted, he implied that the measurement is taken as water and that whatever phase change process happened afterwards will not change the weight of the originally measured aliquot [which is the point he was trying to make in regards to the original topic].

I think you tried to pick him up on something he didn't actually say ;)

As for semantics, ml isn't an SI unit anyway :bootyshake:

You claim that he mentioned a ml of liquid, but then you quote him saying a ml of water. This could be in liquid or solid form. Regarding relevance to the original topic, I guess you are right, but I wasn't entirely sure what relevance it had, which is partly why I questioned the validity of his statement.

You claim that he mentioned a ml of liquid, but then you quote him saying a ml of water. This could be in liquid or solid form.

It's not called water when in solid form... check the dictionary .

We were talking specifically about taking wet plant tissue and freezing it. Water in a fresh plant exists in the aqueous phase. Freezing plant tissue converts liquid water to ice, leaving the number of moles of water unchanged hence the mass remains constant. I thought I covered it concisely the first time.

Thanks for being my bulldog T.

You realise you are arguing over 1mL of water, lol

actually, we are not arguing about the 1ml of water, but about the other ~90 microlitres :P

woof.

LMAO...hands award to whoever wants it,,,, for best derailment and hijacking of a thread ever.

tongue.gif

LOL is it a little trophy of a boot kicking a bum, and can I present it? ;)

jk!