The Corroboree
nabraxas

Collateral Murder

5th April 2010 10:44 EST WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff.

Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack. The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-site, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters employee and his rescuers. Two young children involved in the rescue were also seriously wounded.

video etc.:

http://www.collateralmurder.com/

That's a pretty disturbing video. I can understand how it looked like the reporter with the long camera lens looked like he was holding an RPG. Hindsite shows this to be a major fuckup, but at the time, I can imagine the guys in the chopper thinking kill or be killed.

Not very nice to hear the guy on the gun talking like he's playing a video game, but if you don't dehumanise the targets, you probably couldn't do the job.

What pisses me off, is the attempt to cover up the whole affair. That is not the way to win hearts and minds. Why didn't the US just come out and say they made a huge mistake, rather than try to bury the video

At 3:40 the two guys on the lefthand side of the street(not the journalists)have AK's.

The part where you can see a head and what looks like an RPG peeking around the corner is suss.

They do kinda look like they are holding weapons..... Maybe they do have AK's either way they do not appear to be threatening anyone, maybe they are defending the news crew. Who knows what happened.

I went and played paintball recently and all i can say is FUCK WAR!!! If more people played paintball first they wouldn't join the army.

Edited by Slybacon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMOy2z4D9U&playnext_from=TL&videos=Pjw2pxVSY3s (weak stomach warning) ....... I cannot relate to these people.I have no idea how they could enjoy killing another, for whatever reason , i swear there's something in army food that increases their delusional, aggressive behavior ....

The part where you can see a head and what looks like an RPG peeking around the corner is suss.

Maybe they do have AK's either way they do not appear to be threatening anyone, maybe they are defending the news crew. Who knows what happened.

Yeah the two guys with rifles could have been security for the news crew?They did shoot the van collecting the wounded?!?!???? Not good

Wonder what he was peeking around the corner at?

-----

This video isn't too clear but the lady doesn't look armed to me? An unarmed guy "joggs" right into the 30mm that was aimed at her. Poor bastard. Got to feel sorry for the Iraqis.

Link

If Conroy/Krudd get their way wikileaks will be censored along with small tits.

5th April 2010 10:44 EST WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff.

Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack. The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-site, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters employee and his rescuers. Two young children involved in the rescue were also seriously wounded.

video etc.:

http://www.collateralmurder.com/

you guys are good because i couldnt tell shite from that footage. if in doubt, take them out, by the looks of it.

"rich mans war, poor mans blood"

Edited by Korky

Hendry that link is very very disturbing bro...that was clearly a old woman walking the streets screaming and crying at the death on her doorstep, she did not have a gun from what I saw...this is some fucked up shit beyond anything I have seen before..I am so appalled right now.

nabraxas link is just beyond belief..surely the chopper spotters are using high def binoculars to assist in clear identification and they would have clearly seen these men did not have weapons.

what is the resume for a soldier...

must be racist

must be homophobic

must want to kill anything

must be easy to brain wash and follow orders no matter what.

must have no conscience

must have psychotic tendencies and speed psychosis

Edited by Chiral

On the depleted uranium topic in blowings link, did that guy just say uranium 238 remains radioactive for 4 & 1/2 million years or did he say billion :wacko: ?

Im sure thats going to thin out the population to a easily manageable population of sick genetically altered cancerous, birth-defective people Dependant on western medical & pharmaceutical Aid

How will they pay for this Aid & medical treatment >>>> Simple OIL..

So there weren't any weapons of mass destruction in iraq (well there Are NOW)

A gift that keeps on giving :wink:

Edited by mac

yeh it was billion. million, billion,, there both pretty fucked. kids play in the streets with shells and unexploded ordinance beaming radiation with no knowledge. who would have thought there would be munitions worse than cluster bombs.

no weapons of mass destruction, no uranium purchased from niger(proven falsified documents), no connection with al qaeda. in the end they used 'human rights' abuses after all the lies failed. the kurds would agree. but to think 1.3 civilian deaths in the last 7 years. more than suddams 20+ year rule including the toll of the iraq iran war.

i read a 2009 survey stating 60% of soldiers in iraq still believe a link between saddam and 9/11. wtf :BANGHEAD2:

there is no fowler stench, than a profit driven trench. :puke:

Edited by Korky

Kind of a moot point but the two guys weren’t security guards for the reporters.

The guy in the striped shirt has an ak underfolder If you pause it at 3:45 the guy standing next to him turns around and you can see the profile of the RPG he is holding. After that the guy in the striped shirt puts his rifle on the ground and walks away from it.

Shooting the group of people milling around the guy with an RPG was “correct” in theory anyway.

Shooting the van was fucking murder.

what is the resume for a soldier...

must be racist

must be homophobic

must want to kill anything

must be easy to brain wash and follow orders no matter what.

must have no conscience

must have psychotic tendencies and speed psychosis

Normal people?.....

It's like the Milgram Experiment if the average person was ordered to fly a helicopter over people knowing that there is a possibility that their helicopter will be shot down and if they are shot down and captured the "enemy" will cut their heads off and post the video online......I bet everybody would start to look like they have an AK. People will literally try to get away with murder if they think they can especially when wearing a uniform. In the same way how the holocaust happened."Normal"people do horrible things when afforded the power and opportunity to do so.

That being said in the second video involving the woman who looks to me to be unarmed and grief stricken and the guy that stumbles into it, What kind of sick fucking maniac would not only do that shit in the first place but post it online as a trophy video. Makes you wonder why the second video hasn’t received the same attention as the first.

“I do not know how the third world war will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the fourth... rocks."”

Albert Einstein

Edited by Hendry

Korky, I don't think Manning really bragged. he only told Lamo, who is himself a wikileaks contributor and who endeared himself to Manning. Lamo used to be about integrity at every level, but for someone who abhored the media as much as he did and now works as a journalist, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could lock him out of my server [Lamo is a brilliant hacker]. Manning obviously didn't realise he was putting himself in danger. Lamo curiously appears to be quite concerned about what he has done to Manning.

oh, and apparently the 'other' information that Lamo was so concerned about isn't actually about the war zone or about giving advantage to the enemy, but rather it is about the corruption, deception and lies in the diplomatic and foreign service. It's not soldiers who are at risk of losing their lives, but corrupt ambassadors and business people.

ah ok. well what the hell is lamo thinking? he must have some level of intelligence being a superior hacker, what would he think was going to happen to manning. theres no predicting what they could do to manning behind closed doors not to mention the public punishment he will face in their attempt to scare any potential leakers. seeing the other info isnt in the public domain yet (i believe) he could have gone to julian and crew and said if you release this stuff i will expose the source. it seems he could have an ulterior motive no? how does one go from integrity at every level to a sellout?

the implications for his actions go far beyond the case of manning

dibba dobbers where nappies.