The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tripsis

Over 5 feet growth in one seson.

looks more like 18inches to me, you can see each seasons new growth lines, although a good feed can also do that too and give you markings. I've a pach that has grown just shy of 2feet this year and is still putting out some new tip growth.

Passive will tell you Psyhco0 is the fastest grower, but I see yowie is a touch faster than it from my observations.

yeh looks like four different grow points on that main column, From my eye the growth points look to be 30cm, 40cm, 30cm, 30cm, maybe a tad more on the top, yeh very rough guesstimate but close enough in my book. 5ft in ONE season is a lil hard to beleive, thats davidartist for ya tho. By season does he mean, summer or spring only or the entire "growing season" OR does he mean 1 year............

Psycho0 is the fastest grower :P

I think a remember someone on the nook getting crazy growth rates like that on pedro. and IIRC that was just in the summer spring period.

I think a remember someone on the nook getting crazy growth rates like that on pedro. and IIRC that was just in the summer spring period.

yeah I know who you are talking about actually ginja..it was in a thread about bulk extraction and he claimed growth rates of 3 feet a year or sumthin..from memory he lived in Arizona and it was hot and dry all year, which explained his growth rates.

I also see each of those "V's" indicating each seasons growth, but could it just be indicative of several individual growth spurts, yet in the one season? It does seem to defy belief.

yeah thats the one Chiral, I couldnt remember where it was

1.5ft in pots in sub tropics is very doable, so things like 3 ft in the ground arent that amaxing i guess. but 5ft is pushing things :P

like PD depends wtf a 'season' means to people

Not Arizona, Florida,

but I think dave actually is in Arizona, can't tell if that's in a greenhouse or not.

5ft in ONE season is a lil hard to beleive, thats davidartist for ya tho. By season does he mean, summer or spring only or the entire "growing season" OR does he mean 1 year............

I think dave actually is in Arizona, can't tell if that's in a greenhouse or not.

I believe Davidartist is in Nevada and as such his plants experience almost yr round growth. Five feet is a stretch of the imagination, although I've seen 4 feet myself. :)

I've a clone of his favorite bridgesii & I will say it far outperforms any of the other bridgesii I have.

Five feet does not seem to much of stretch (pun intended). On a plant with 5 columns it would not be unusual for each to grow one foot, for example. It would be unusual for one column to grow five feet however. That plant looks like it grew at least three or four feet to me, as in, two feet on each column.

Not Arizona, Florida,

Yup, SB. I'll chime in and say that I've experienced growth rates of 5 feet plus in a single season.

UV rates in zone 10B here are the highest in the contiguous 48. Coupled with an unprecedented number of cloudless days, torrential showers which quickly pass back to sunshine, and insanely high humidity. Add to that good draining sandy soil and the year round growing cycle....it can, and does happen with regularity. Cereus blast out better then six feet regularly. I've pilocereus pushing 4' a year. But the staple to the herd, and the prize of the flock is good 'ole pachanoi. It's growth rate dwarfs my other actives (inc.Eileen, thx reshroomEd.) PC pushes 5 feet a year routinely, and a few years back....when my rootbound mama plant had acclimated and expanded into her new terra firma conditions....she pushed out six feet on a few stalks in just a year.

Edited by PD.

Black spot/rot seems to be a fairly typical condition during the rainy season, rarely progressing to full blown rot. So some seasonal scarring due to the black spot is "normal" to this climate with the PC and peruvianis. My bridgesii take it harder, with much greater scarring, and an occasional loss....i used to think it was just the robustness of the specie...until receiving some named clones, who have no troubles at all.

I couldn't find any pics specifically showing the black spot, but this one show the corky scarring in several specimens that comes after healing...

DSC00043-1.jpg

So do you suffer from any rot issues at all because of the high humidity?

hiya darren ;) xxx