The Corroboree
Chiefblitz

DMT opening my eyes for the first time

So i am pondering the decision to take DMT (crystal form) and I have never done any hallucinogens before. My friends say that is good because if i have never experienced a bad trip before, then I can enter this trip with 100% positivity, no fear. What are some of the precautions I should take before I do this mind opening event?

So i am pondering the decision to take DMT (crystal form) and I have never done any hallucinogens before. My friends say that is good because if i have never experienced a bad trip before, then I can enter this trip with 100% positivity, no fear. What are some of the precautions I should take before I do this mind opening event?

I haven't taken too many hallucinogens myself, so there is probably heaps of people more qualified to answer this question. But the only thing I could say is that is handy to have something around to combat anxiety if it occurs. Some diazepam, temazepam or seroquel etc. Only as a safety net if you really need it. Oh, and it would be best to have this calmative be one that you have used before- so you know what dose is appropriate and your reaction to it.

Edited by Ladymalcontent

I personally don't think the trip lasts long enough to warrant anti-anxiety medication. Some people like to pre-load with a beer or two to take the edge off. If it's your first time I'd strongly encourage having a sober and EXPERIENCED sitter present; you'll probably want to talk about the experience once it's over. Do it somewhere quiet with minimal distractions and for the love of all things sacred, do your research first. Might help to dim the lights, too. You're probably best to do it lying down and try to stay still during the trip. DMT ain't conducive to walking around, IME.

Meditate beforehand. Entering with 100% positivity is always a good idea, but don't freak out if you're having trouble maintaining.

Good luck.

Try not to make too big of a thing out of it. Keep a clear mind. Start Small.

These are the steps that I personally find the best when I enter the those realms-

1 - Timing - I usually wait till Late at night when i am drowsy and starting to get dream like thought patterns.

Another reason i do this is because i am far less likely to be disturbed.

2 - Setting - I used to like scenic outdoor bush locations, but I have found that the far reaches of DMT are

beyond location and hence the best setting is the safest and most comfortable. I prefer My bedroom with a subtle lamp or

Candle. If u are in a neighbourhood with lots of outside noise i suggest a very well known chilled out track on your stereo

to drown out any unwanted noises that may take you back to reality or hold you here.

3 - Take a warm bath or Shower and make sure you are totally clean. This makes a huge difference.

4 - Get as Naked as possible. If you can have your partner as a sitter then go full naked other wise just

Boxershorts will do. I find that having as little possible touching your skin will allow you to go further.

5 - Have someone who knows you and knows the nature of what is happening be with you during the experience.

Tell then not to interfer unless absolutely neccessary.

6- If you have done the above steps you should be calm and relaxed in a comfortable position ready to lay down and close your eyes

7- Make sure you are aware of the dose you are about to take. Just being told about a matchhead isn't good enough.

I've seen a whole point fit into a match head and other times haven't broken through on the same amount. So make sure you

ask those around you who u know and trust to prepare a dose for you.

8- Take a clean water pipe (glass with metal stem) and pack a small amount of herb (prefer not hydro marijuana) into the cone peice.

Now take your measured dose and put on top. Now sprinkle more of your herb over that. Now you are ready to smoke.

9- Take a jet lighter and gently light the herbs on top being carefull not to expose the product to a direct flame.

Inhale long and slow if you have prepared the dose properly reality should start to dissolve apon exhaling.

Get your sitter to take the pipe off you and layback and relax.

10- At this point it is extremly helpful to just let go of everything....

I hope this helps, this has been my prefered method of breaking through. As time goes on you will be able to get there with less product. I haven't had to go near it for over 3 years. It has taken that long to even start to understand my last visit.

Good Luck, Stay Safe.

~Boom~

Edited by Slybacon

My friends say that is good because if i have never experienced a bad trip before, then I can enter this trip with 100% positivity, no fear. What are some of the precautions I should take before I do this mind opening event?

LOL i'll leave it to someone more responsible to give you a grilling about posting about illegal activities on this forum.

actually fuck it. i was gonna reply saying why you shouldn't but i bet there will be plenty of people who write do this anyways.

so instead i say do it, and report back!

if you proceed, consider these precautions:

do you, or does anyone in your family have a history of mental illness? if so, reconsider

dark, quiet and comfortable setting

be on no other drugs

have a sober sitter

When using DMT there are two stages..

1- you breakthrough and have a beautiful 3-4mins of revaluations and awe.

2- you don't breakthrough and just feel some slight shift in conscience and things might look kind of strange for a few minutes then you are sober again.

Try to not take any psychedelic when in doubt, it is paramount that you feel happy and confident...dmt is not for everyone, but I can reveal that a female person I know who has never done any drugs or anything ever in her life, smoked some DMT..broke through..enjoyed it immensely and did another 3 pipes later that evening. She has never done it again or any other drugs. She did have some experienced sitters and the room and setting where extremely comfortable warm and dark.

enjoy your ride.

Edited by Chiral

Go in a dark room, no music, no other distractions. Candle light so you can see what you are doing, but out of arms reach so it cant get knocked over.

Smoke/vape up, lie back and close your eyes...

*edit to add* If you use a sitter, tell them not to interupt you unless you call out for assistance. There is a 10-15 minute window after the journey where I lie on my bed and try to come to terms with what I just witnessed. I would hate to be disturbed during that period

Edited by rogdog

Go in a dark room, no music, no other distractions. Candle light so you can see what you are doing, but out of arms reach so it cant get knocked over.

Smoke/vape up, lie back and close your eyes...

*edit to add* If you use a sitter, tell them not to interupt you unless you call out for assistance. There is a 10-15 minute window after the journey where I lie on my bed and try to come to terms with what I just witnessed. I would hate to be disturbed during that period

better with lights on according to AFOAFOAFOAF.

and it invites us all to incriminate ourselves, sweet im in! :P

i vote for pitch black, if you cant get pitch black get a soft comfortable eye mask. no sound at all.

the taste of plastic may be unexpected.

read, look for stuff on the net before it gets filtered! wmhahahaha.

a you tube clip,

DMT the spirit molecule

physically you will feel completely straight afterwards maybe 30 definelty 60minutes.

agreed, sitter needs to be completely silent.

but thats only in my experience.

report back.

Edited by Korky

no need for anti anxiety stuff.... thats cheating in my opinion. alcohol might relax you as well but in experience only leads to lectures from entities about how it pollutes their world when you enter with alcohol effected consciousness.

yes, it's an intense experience but thats the point right? dulling it down seems to defeat the purpose.

the best thing to do is prepare yourself to fully let go, trust in the experience and try not to fret about what is happening. keep telling yourself you WILL return to normal in a few minutes and use that knowledge to enable yourself to fully let go. whilst its happening you might wish it was over but once it's over you'll wish you could go back...

one thing that is useful is to try humming or chanting as you go into the experience, it can be calming and centering and can also control some of the visuals before you inevitably become fully immersed.

read this and read it again. http://deoxy.org/gz_howy.htm

it's a great guide with lots of advice. i second the no music or distractions ideas, indoors is best in a quiet, relaxed, well lit but not too bright. people talking throughout the experience is something that really shits me off. at the time it's the equivalent of someone pissing in your holy water as you drink it.

outdoors is okay but because of the all encompassing nature of the experience you won't even know you are outdoors... might as well be inside where you can control the environment better.

good luck and even though this is only a hypothetical discussion be sure to report back.

Edited by holymountain

looks like a good place to drop a trip report.

My last breakthrough was with changa, and it felt like a twelve minute trip. No sitter, no other chemicals in my system. I lied down on a freshly made bed, and at the end of the journey, the bed still looked nice and tidy, no signs of struggle. The clock on my oven was 3:12 in the afternoon when I went to my room, and 4:02 when I came out.

This was the most intense experience I have ever had. I am nearly 40yo, and have seen birth and death with my own eyes, and this just blows that all away.

I remember the first minute of breakthough, of being in a huge hall, but it was like an IMAX cinema...like seeing the inside of a sphere, but only seeing a quarter infront of you. At the end of the hall, were three big arches, and I was drawn towards them.

Inside the arches was something that seemed to be the creator of the universe. It was realeasing objects which didn't seem to obey the laws of physics or gravity. They would change direction at will, with no force that I could see acting upon them. After watching this for a short time, it all became too intense for me.

Around this time, I remember thinking that this was so overwhelming, it was just too much to see, I also was starting to become aware that I was tripping, and that there was only five minutes to go before I felt normal again. I opened my eyes, and could see my bedroom, but with an overlay of the dmt world. I could do nothing else but close my eyes, and slip back into the trip. All I can remember from here is thinking that this is too intense, and I never want to come back to this world (the spice world). That thought kept repeating in my mind for a minute or two.

Then there was a few minutes of crossing back and forth between the real world and spice world, by opening and closing my eyes.

The trip ended, but I was not uncomfortable, just aware that what I saw was too intense for me to handle. Of course I did handle the experience, and an hour later, I felt totally normal. There is no psychological damage

What I think I learned from the experience is that I have been using mushrooms and mescaline as a way to kill time, and that came back to kick me in the ass. I now look at all psycedelics as sacrements, that need to be treated with respect.

A neat little trick to change the visuals and make the DMT imagery "reboot" is to put a pillow over your face so it's nice and dark, then lift it off and back down again, then rub your eye lids intensely...it sends the imagery to reset and it goes back to a black background with neon grids that reform...I love doing this, and especially towards the end when it's fading into black and white, ..it kinda boots it again and you get an extra 30secs or so.

Complete silence is a must in my opinion, total darkness is not so much necessary as the pillow trick works well at providing any amount of darkness or light you want, having somewhere safe to put the pipe down is very necessary though, get yourself a stone plate like the ones you find that are water trays for stone pots for plants, this will not shatter the pipe or allow the pipe to burn anything as it does get extremely hot,don't place it on wood or fabric or carpet etc..it will burn really fast and make a mess.

Use a torch butane lighter, and wave it around under the crystal till it starts to smoke a little, roll the pipe and wave the lighter further away each time..normal cigarette liters aren't hot enough to vaporise the crystal evenly and properly. You need to hit it hard and don't wuss out with inhaling...suck that smoke right deep down and don't bother trying to blow it out and feel anything, just hit that pipe again even harder...by this time you should feel strange, if you can smash another deep hit into you then even better then you should hear a high pitched sine wave tone and some insect like crackling and noise's...now it's time to put the pipe down before you drop it and lay back and get comfortable and shut your eyes grab a cushion and be positive.

Every single DMT hit is different, although there are some similarities in the themes,. the actual plot is always different. One time I thought I had pee'd and poo'd my pants and was a bit worried what everyone else around me would say when I woke...I didn't but I sure didn't expect that and it took me by total surprise. The first time you break through is the most amazing thing ever...I still remember my first hit vividly...such a mind fuck,.. but man what a fuck.

The DMT dimension is only one jump away from this one, that's why it's so easy to get into via our tress and plants...it's a beautiful place with so much going on...there is a distinct lack of what we would call "emotion" in the DMT space..I like that actually it gives it a very professional and powerful feel. I just wish I could understand what the hell those little people in my peripheral image are so busy doing...little buggers are so hard to zoom in on.

^^^ I suggest trying a waterpipe (glass and spotless), at least once ;)....

Edited by Slybacon

thanks to all for reminding my swim he needs to get his gig together and do this, not able to speak from experience he can only share terrance mckennas take on it.. but swim is very interested in the smokeable form of this as the ayahuasca he drank lasted too long for his liking and was just too much to endure :puke:

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Edited by blowng

i haven't read the other advice.

-plan out how you are going to smoke it. you don't want to burn yourself.

-be comfortable. sit up or lay down, standing/moving wastes the experience a bit IMHO

-ignore the strange sensation that your mouth has been burnt. it quickly fades. concentrate on something else, like the hyperdimensional dance and/or cataclysm occurring on the backs of your eyelids.

-as you come back to normal, you may want to sip the glass of water which you prepared earlier within arms reach.

namaste

I just wish I could understand what the hell those little people in my peripheral image are so busy doing...little buggers are so hard to zoom in on.

transforming.

bit of a lame answer, but it's the extent of my thoughts on that matter.

as for whether to use a bong or glass pipe, maybe what is comfortable with you? all smoking methods require a little experience to get right, some much more than others. with the bong your dose is "locked in", and it will hit you like a brick.

if you aren't comfortable with a glass pipe then forget it, you could lose all of the smoke, put a dick-shaped scar on the couch, or worse yet give yourself a severe burn. this seems like the best method to me though, theoretically. when the smoke and the stains on the pipe start to take on a freakish complexity, make that your last hit and you will have a fairly pleasant, but definite experience. additional hits might put you on what i think of as the transcendental roller coaster, impressions will smash you from all angles, so fast and hard and numerous that it's hard to bring much back, it's also quite shocking if you haven't tripped recently.

now.... a prominent SAB contributor whom i will just call Mr T... might be of the opinion that first-timers should attempt to board the rollercoaster, because if you slowly build your dose up, you will never quite experience that brutal flinging of self from normalcy to complete unutterable absurdity. it's up to you. i would suggest that safety is paramount.

edit: chief blitz is another unusual name for a member.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

There has been a bit of talk concerning methods that reduce the eventual 'negative' experiences. I thought I might add an abstract of an essay to offer some other perspectives. The article has some warm and semi-familiar ideas that will rub the legs of the mainstream paradigm and arouse interest, and there are ideas that most will twitch in disbelief, fear, and epistemological rape.

love and love.

On Not Passing the Acid Test:

Bad Trips and Initiation (2005)

maura lucas, ph.d.

Science & Indigenous Knowledge Network1

3205 Darley Ave., Suite A

Boulder, CO 80305

[email protected]

~Abstract

Most psychedelic explorers have had a bad trip at one point or another. Leary

and Metzner have discussed bad trips as the result of the wrong “set and setting,”

and bad trips are sometimes treated as evidence of personal failure. In contrast,

from a shamanic perspective, bad trips are to be expected as part of the territory of

acquiring knowledge. The energy of the dark side of human nature and one’s own

culture arises on bad trips, and no one seeking knowledge from plant allies can

avoid confronting these shadows. By immersing people in the dark side of self and

culture, bad trips do what initiation always does: bring people to a state in which

they do not think they can handle the situation and have to call on spiritual

resources for help. In this essay, I use the myth of Inanna’s descent to the Under-

world as a metaphor for psychedelic journeys and shamanic dismemberment. I

discuss protecting oneself, with an emphasis on the importance of community

and allies when taking psychedelic journeys, using examples from my own expe-

riences. I conclude by discussing the wisdom and healing that I believe one can

bring back from the darker side of the psychedelic experience.

key words: psychedelic experience, Inanna, dismemberment, initiation

Anthropology of Consciousness, Vol. 16, Issue 1, pp. 25–50. ISSN1053-4202, © 2005

thanks for that telepathogen

"bad trips do what initiation always does: bring people to a state in which

they do not think they can handle the situation and have to call on spiritual

resources for help"

fucking great way of thinking about it! Why hadn't that occurred to me before?? awesome :) I've had the good fortune to be involved with initiatory work and had seen the connection between it and other forms of shifted consciousness but somehow hadn't made the jump to when things go 'bad' or are unfamiliar...

awesome. I'm going to check that article out :)

peace

can totally agree with that quote and think it's a beautiful way of putting it. it's only been when i'm in big trouble that i've called out for help and lo and behold have met my allies and been taught valuable shamanic techniques such as songs and hand actions that have gotten me out of the trouble...it was almost like a test, where i faced inevitable defeat and full possession or i called for help...once i did the allies appeared immediately as if they knew i would need help, as if they had set the whole thing up and began teaching me what to do...

sounds crazy but hey, this is the spirituality section.

can totally agree with that quote and think it's a beautiful way of putting it. it's only been when i'm in big trouble that i've called out for help and lo and behold have met my allies and been taught valuable shamanic techniques such as songs and hand actions that have gotten me out of the trouble...it was almost like a test, where i faced inevitable defeat and full possession or i called for help...once i did the allies appeared immediately as if they knew i would need help, as if they had set the whole thing up and began teaching me what to do...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A university talk bot for a Auss sociality class.

So we will see.