The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

An interesting mutant

just wanna show how these unnamed Hamiltons plants I bought last year are going, well I am surprised at how good quality these plants have turned out to be actually, bloody fast growers and they are showing some forms, these where all bought around january last year and where only about 3-4 inches tall, most are now 12 inches and powering on.

Check out this mutant...whats strange is that these lumps don't look like any pups I've ever seen on any other of my trichos...there is 3 of them, but there are more lumps forming all around the other sides as well, there could be about 6-7 in total when they all pop out...anyone seen this before..?

7950065.jpg

A nice looking pach x ? vvv

7950066.jpg7950079.jpg

Have no idea what this one is, strange rib formations, be interesting to see when it grows up fully.

7950062.jpg

Nice notching above the aereols, maybe Pach X Peruvian.

7950076.jpg

Another nice hybrid, some more nice notching.

7950075.jpg

Nice little Bridgesii.

7950068.jpg

Anyone ID this baby...?

7950077.jpg

A couple of other shots..any ID's welcome.

7950185.jpg7950175.jpg

Nice collection of cacti, some really awesome looking plants there. Keen to see how my trichs from Hamilton's turn out.

Have no idea what this one is, strange rib formations, be interesting to see when it grows up fully.

What's strange about it?

The narrow ribs and the lack of "weight" in between each rib is unusual, in fact it almost looks like a Cereus of some sort.

The first picture is the interesting one, I might start another thread just for that plant and monitor it's weird progress...the mutant formations bulging out above the aereols, no splitting of skin like a pup would do, I'm hoping it's a monstrose of some sort or even better a melted wax form...now that would be sweet.

Edited by Chiral

Check out this mutant...whats strange is that these lumps don't look like any pups I've ever seen on any other of my trichos...there is 3 of them, but there are more lumps forming all around the other sides as well, there could be about 6-7 in total when they all pop out...anyone seen this before..?

7950065.jpg

:o Very strange and interesting this one!

I wonder if these odd lumps will continue to be produced and become more prominent as the plant matures? time will tell.

7950062.jpg

(pach ? X Scop) some sort of scop hybrid

It dose seem to have the shape & traits of T scopulicola but PC like spines & a couple more ribs :scratchhead:

Edited by mac

7950062.jpg

(pach ? X Scop) some sort of scop hybrid

It dose seem to have the shape & traits of T scopulicola but PC like spines & a couple more ribs :scratchhead:

I have an identical one bought from a bunnings on the NSW North Coast - I had wondered about its identity...

Will get some shots up of a very interesting growth habit of a peruvianus from bunnings/hamiltons soon...

A couple of other shots..any ID's welcome.

7950185.jpg7950175.jpg

Hi Chiral, nice Pics! The one on the left is Stetsonia Coryne. bye Eg

Oh by the way, i have experiences with this mutation on your catus! Trout once recognized it on one of my plants a few years back. Curious because of this find, we started looking for it on other plants! And it didnt took long till we found a few more plants that had similar "odd growth". Thats how we called it. Unfortunately i lost that plant when my heater broke during great frosts. But I check out my harddrive to find the pic of the plant. If i remember right, the plant may also be pictured in Trouts San Pedro Book. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Anyone ID this baby...?

7950077.jpg

I think thats a browningia hertlingiana :)

Edited by spong

weird...but cool'

never seen that before! hang onto that one Chiral! Its not for shelving!